The Tariq Nasheed Thread

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Exactly. People should be taking notes. The man’s work ethic is kind of crazy.

That deodorant he got is selling out too.

Music Hitsss
Books Mack Lessons
Deodorant
Movies
Youtube
Museum
Keychains
Shoes Mack Boots
Pepper spray
Cologne Risqué Elite

I mean Gotdamn the nikka went on tour as an R&B singer.

:salute:

Say what you want but he’s made his own lane.

Fixed :ufdup:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Kool Herc wont admit that jamaicans got the idea of toasting from black Americans. Kool herc wont admit that jamaicans got sound system culture from black Americans. His opinion doesnt matter because hes a grifter and a liar. Coxon Dodd and count Machuki themselves litrally said "we got the idea of toasting, jive talk, and sound systems from the americans". That's all herc has to admit, but HE WONT. beacuse hes a grifter.

:whoa:

chill with the Herc slander shyt

to his credit, he’s always said the godfather of hip-hop is James Brown, and all of that Caribbean/West Indian/Jamaican shyt doesn’t come from him.

The only criticism I give of him is his lack of knowledge meant of DJ king Mario who proceeds him and unfortunately he passed away in the early 90s and him , Bam and Flash seem to not acknowledge as the beginner

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I have no problem with this in theory, I mean These are ADOS MC's and B-Boys now if you want to highlight AfAm contriubutions fine but there's no way these Bronx boys ain't gonna front that "tethers" weren't right there with them.

You on't have to tear down Grandmasters Flash to promote Grandmaster Caz.

Let's not even get into the Grandmaster thing being a rip off of Kung Fu movies.
It's not really a question if there were non-FBA blacks, present, it's more of a correcting of myths that have been going on since the 1980s. The "Herc started HipHop from Jamaican roots" is false even by Herc's own admission.

Herc has said countless times that HipHop was already going in before he was even a dj circa 1970 via Dj John Brown at the Plaza Disco and the Tunnel. Read below

What sort of year is that?

We’re talking about 1969.

Q - When did you start to get involved in it?

Herc- I started to get involved in it right after my house got burned down. I was going to parties back then, see. A place called the Tunnel and a place called the Puzzle, right on 161st Street – that was the first disco I used to party at. Me, guys like Phase 2, Stay High, Sweet Duke, Lionel 163 – all the early graffiti writers – used to come through there. It’s where we used to meet up and party at.

Then, years later, [there was this club] called Disco Fever. Disco Fever used to be right here on 167th. But before Disco Fever there was the Puzzle. That was the first Bronx disco.

Q - So back then you still weren’t playing?

Herc - I was dancing, I was partying. Right around 1970, I’m in high school.

Q - That was when b-boying was starting.

Herc - Yeah, people were dancing, but they weren’t calling it b-boying. That was just the break, and people would go off. My terms came in after I started to play – I called them b-boys. Guys just used to breakdance… Right then, slang was in, and we shortened words down. Instead of disrespect, you know, you dissed me. That’s where that came from.

Q - Who was the DJ in the Puzzle?

Herc - You never used to see him, they was in a room. But the guys in the Tunnel, I knew them. This guy named John Brown, he used to go to my school – Alfred E. Smith. It’s a store now, ain’t no club no more. Now it’s a shoe store.

Dj John Brown seen here

is who Herc got his early playlist (funk aka breaks) from and the idea to play them for what would become bboys

A1-BBoy Sasa confirmed this (Graf artist Phase 2 also spoke on it before)

To sum all that up

a lot of the myths got more cemented with that 90s Source issue with Herc, Baam and Flash on it

Most people aren't aware that Dj Smokey predated Herc (1972) in Herc's own area in the West Bronx......

before Flash was a Dj, he was crate/record carrier for Smokey!

Smokey had the first bboy crew

most of the bboys were at his Jams prior to going to Herc's

Pow Wow from Zulu Kings/Zulu Nation on Smokey

Both, Smokey and Herc were directly influenced by Dj John Brown

Smokey also said HipHop didn't start in 1973, it started in 1970!

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
This is part of the reason the truth needs to be revealed. Remember Tariq is from the west coast and Kool Herc has a great publicist. A lot of people believed hiphops roots were Jamaican.

Tariq was also a Pan Africanist until Claude Anderson schooled him.

As you age you are supposed to mature and change your world view as you gain knowledge.

I’ve never seen this much energy put into trying to tear someone down who you could easily ignore.

I don’t pay any attention to Ice Spice, sexy redd, taharka Bey, boochie, Candace Owens, Hodge Twins..etc

I’d be a fukking fool to spend time out of my day gathering info and trying to tear down someone I don’t give a fukk about. This is why I know y’all nikkas is lames. It takes energy to be chasing after Tariq and those of us who fukk with him. Why bother? That says more about y’all than anything.
Dumbass nikkas really against people's opinions or viewpoints of certain things changing over time.

It's a naturally occurring thing to change your viewpoint when you have more information to work with.

They're actually arguing IN FAVOR of your opinion not changing over time with access to more knowledge. They just call it flip-flopping, then grifting (in Tariq's case).

Insane. 🤣

Last edited:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
It's not really a question if there were non-FBA blacks, present, it's more of a correcting of myths that have been going on since the 1980s. The "Herc started HipHop from Jamaican roots" is false even by Herc's own admission.

Herc has said countless times that HipHop was already going in before he was even a dj circa 1970 via Dj John Brown at the Plaza Disco and the Tunnel. Read below

Dj John Brown seen here

is who Herc got his early playlist (funk aka breaks) from and the idea to play them for what would become bboys

A1-BBoy Sasa confirmed this (Graf artist Phase 2 also spoke on it before)

To sum all that up

a lot of the myths got more cemented with that 90s Source issue with Herc, Baam and Flash on it

Most people aren't aware that Dj Smokey predated Herc (1972) in Herc's own area in the West Bronx......

before Flash was a Dj, he was crate/record carrier for Smokey!

Smokey had the first bboy crew

most of the bboys were at his Jams prior to going to Herc's

Pow Wow from Zulu Kings/Zulu Nation on Smokey

Both, Smokey and Herc were directly influenced by Dj John Brown

Smokey also said HipHop didn't start in 1973, it started in 1970!

I remember you talking about it before you're the receipt king on this subject, You should've done the Doc.

Again Absolutely it's right and correct to highlight the ADOS culture of Hip-Hop and I'd be lying if nikkas didn't just say that Kool Herc was a sound system kid who just randomly played Arrest the President and created Hip-Hop with Crazy Legs all by themselves.

Even I was floored by the insinuation that the Savage Skulls was responsible for Hip-Hop.

Even Trini Tether KRS-One pointed out that in the early 80's The Dreds in Brooklyn were Crazy YOU COULDN"T BRING OUT YOUR SET WITH NO HIP_HOP BECAUSE THE MISSLES WOULD GO....

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I remember you talking about it before you're the receipt king on this subject, You should've done the Doc.

Again Absolutely it's right and correct to highlight the ADOS culture of Hip-Hop and I'd be lying if nikkas didn't just say that Kool Herc was a sound system kid who just randomly played Arrest the President and created Hip-Hop with Crazy Legs all by themselves.

Even I was floored by the insinuation that the Savage Skulls was responsible for Hip-Hop.

Even Trini Tether KRS-One pointed out that in the early 80's The Dreds in Brooklyn were Crazy YOU COULDN"T BRING OUT YOUR SET WITH NO HIP_HOP BECAUSE THE MISSLES WOULD GO....

Sir rastas do not even listen to certain music, for example dancehall music.
You will find a rasta listening to celine dion before a dancehall song.

Know the difference please.
Yall talk like yall never met a caribbean person ever.

Again, those who live in places in Alaska can be ignorant, I do not fault them.
Those in places like NY, Miami etc should be fukkin ashamed.

Or yall a bunch of suburban guys.

In my opinion, the CUT OFF point of Caribbean people being into rap music
Was when violence and the "N" word was introduced
Maybe even not by choice, those songs COULD NOT be on the radio
So folks would never hear them

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Now although we know he probably didn't if he just wanted to highlight ADOS Hip-Hoppers that's great but if he wants to shyt on carribeans that's bad.

Every New Yorker knows that Red Alert is a Trini like Phife Dawg.

Thats another thing on the east coast that shyt don't fly because Phife was a Trini Gladiator and Q-Tip is ADOS.

No diaspora wars in New York.
Q-Tips father is Caribbean so I don't know how that plays with these FBADOS clowns with how wishy washy they are.:sas2:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Sir rastas do not even listen to certain music, for example dancehall music.
You will find a rasta listening to celine dion before a dancehall song.

Know the difference please.
Yall talk like yall never met a caribbean person ever.

Again, those who live in places in Alaska can be ignorant, I do not fault them.
Those in places like NY, Miami etc should be fukkin ashamed.

Or yall a bunch of suburban guys.
Whoa did you even read the post before you ran in to respond?

I'm from Brooklyn and know a lot of dreds and yes Jamaicans in general tend to like the most random shyt. Micheal Bolton is low key big in Yaad. I've been to JA several times myself.

That's the problem with this thread in particular and Tariq in general no one is mad that homie wants to highlight ADOS would created culture and don't get the proper recognition but nikkas go way overboard Like saying that Metalica stole their whole style from Little Richard.

Yes you don't get Metallica without Chuck Berry but the idea that Culture is created without any outside influences is ridiculous. And again Hip- Hop directly borrows sounds from other genres.

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Whoa did you even read the post before you ran in to respond?

I'm from Brooklyn and know a lot of dreds and yes Jamaicans in general tend to like the most random shyt. Micheal Bolton is low key big in Yaad. I've been to JA several times myself.

That's the problem with this thread in particular and Tariq in general no one is mad that homie wants to highlight ADOS would created culture and don't get the proper recognition but nikkas go way overboard Like saying that Metalica stole their whole style from Little Richard.

Yes you don't get Metallica without Chuck Berry but the idea that Culture is created without any outside influences is ridiculous. And again Hip- Hop directly borrows sounds from other genres.

Apologies, it was your usage of the word Tether that I disliked.
Busta, Biggie, and ALL THE OTHERS do not view themselves as caribbean people.

They know where their parents from, yet they would be insulted if you considered them not to be American.
You should know that.
If those guys did not say where their parents from, YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW

They do not live caribbean culture, their culture is American, or to be specific New York
They all speak the same way and have the same ways.

It is insulting to accept wite people of immigrant parentage as Americans, yet deny that of Blk people

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Q-Tips father is Caribbean so I don't know how that plays with these FBADOS clowns with how wishy washy they are.:sas2:
See that's the thing in New York everyone is all mixed up. That fukk immigrants plays well in Dothan Alabama ( well until J. Lo shows up and starts waving her ass around) but being in New York it's wierd nikkas next door neighbors be from other countries.

True Story I was dating this girl Named Missy In DC ( I went to a hood school where even the teachers called us by our nicknames) we went to the Fredrick Douglass Museum ( and remember he was biracial due to rape) and Missy signed the Book she wrote Latricia D... I looked at her and she said that's my real name turns out her Grandfather was a Dominican in the Negro Leagues started out with the Cuban X Giants and ended up playing for the Greys in DC and just stayed.

Again one Dominican Parent acted like and looked like a regular ADOS chick but I guess I was supposed to bush her because she is a tether.

I fukked the shyt out of her that night.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Apologies, it was your usage of the word Tether that I disliked.
Busta, Biggie, and ALL THE OTHERS do not view themselves as caribbean people.

They know where their parents from, yet they would be insulted if you considered them not to be American.
You should know that.
If those guys did not say where their parents from, YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW

They do not live caribbean culture, their culture is American, or to be specific New York
They all speak the same way and have the same ways.

It is insulting to accept wite people of immigrant parentage as Americans, yet deny that of Blk people
Breh I know I just shared a story of my chick who had a dominican grandparent.

Hanging out with the Jamaicans I can tell you they look wierd at any Born Jamacian who can speak with an american Twang.

I know a dude who knew a dominican dude who lived in New York who got scammed by Dominicans in the DR by him thinking that they wouldn't see him as a gringo. I could've told him he was gonna get the gringo treatment.

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Breh I know I just shared a story of my chick who had a dominican grandparent.

Hanging out with the Jamaicans I can tell you they look wierd at any Born Jamacian who can speak with an american Twang.

I know a dude who knew a dominican dude who lived in New York who got scammed by Dominicans in the DR by him thinking that they wouldn't see him as a gringo. I could've told him he was gonna get the gringo treatment.

There we go, you explaining it better than me.

So please tell these gentleman that Kool Herc, Biggie, Busta, Q Tip and whoever else who were born in America or live American culture

They are viewed as "Yankee" or as you said Gringo.
it is not a negative.
Yankee simply means American, or to be specific Blk American

And those from the places their parents from, view them as American.

And as much as folks think Busta is speaking patois when he tries, most Jamaicans would STILL say he sound like a Yankee.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

Who said that?:childplease:

1970s+Gangs+of+New+York+11K+gang+members%2C+70%25+Puerto+Rican.jpg

The only Gangs with DIRECT ties to HipHop are The Black Spades

and the Peacemakers

Skulls and Nomads have nothing to do with early HipHop:mjpls: