The Tariq Nasheed Thread

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
You keep addressing a point I haven't made any I don't even see how you're managing to do it

I haven't indicated anything that should motivate black people to lend their support to republicans, that's why they don't breh the fukk?:russ:

So if that's the case, and black people support Dems as much as 90%, shouldn't the efforts of tangible accountability go directly to the people receiving the majority of the black vote? Why will no one answer this question?

Again I don't know how you're seeing my posts and concluding that I'm making a case for supporting republicans, but this is what continues to happen. Anything resembling criticism of Dems automatically pivots to "Here go these MAGA nikkas again"

This has been the only point of anything I've said in here. Black folks are the only ones that think you can't vote for someone and have criticisms. I don't do the political gangbanging discourse bullshyt:manny:
We’re at an impasse here. You’ve answered your own questions, but you still keep asking them.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Donations without votes is nothing. Black people have to leverage their influence on politicians before giving up their votes. MLK Jr wasn't battling interpersonal racism, but system racism, and politicians sought him out gain the black vote. They made concessions for them and we got rights for Blacks in return. This concept of blacks having no alternative is a recent one. We watch Republicans demand the end of Roe vs Wade for decades, and they constantly voted out Republican politicians who voted against those wishes. They oddly got their wish despite the majority of Americans wanting the right to abortion. So we do like Republicans do with their politicians.
That's literally part of the voting process broski.

Matter of fact, every single thing you're saying involves being politically active and cognizant.

MLK's movement was 100% political and he was even slandered as Left Wing Communist by the Right Wingers of his time period for pushing so hard for social justice and civil rights while marching through the country.

Nothing you're suggesting is radical or something that hasn't been said in politics many times before. People are encouraged to vet for who they think are the best candidates, email/talk to their reps, show up to town hall meetings, donate/contribute to campaigns, etc. This is just a normal political process that the masses choose to be complacent about. But the complacency can't just be blamed on the Democrats. The communities themselves have to hold themselves and their reps to a higher standard which is what I've been saying in a lot of threads such as these.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
That's literally part of the voting process broski.

Matter of fact, every single thing you're saying involves being politically active and cognizant.

MLK's movement was 100% political and he was even slandered as Left Wing Communist by the Right Wingers of his time period for pushing so hard for social justice and civil rights while marching through the country.

Nothing you're suggesting is radical or something that hasn't been said in politics many times before. People are encouraged to vet for who they think are the best candidates, email/talk to their reps, show up to town hall meetings, donate/contribute to campaigns, etc. This is just a normal political process that the masses choose to be complacent about. But the complacency can't just be blamed on the Democrats. The communities themselves have to hold themselves and their reps to a higher standard which is what I've been saying in a lot of threads such as these.
Why are you assuming I don't vote or advocate for not engaging in the electoral process? Can you serious quote anything I wrote that even implies that? I am simply saying that if you are too afraid to lose, you will ALWAYS LOSE in a negotiation. Black must negotiate with politicians for their vote. When blacks are too afraid of Republicans winning, they can never hold leverage over Democrats. I can't claim it to be new knowledge while giving examples of 1960s Blacks doing it in the past, Republican voters doing it successfully today.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Why are you assuming I don't vote or advocate for not engaging in the electoral process? Can you serious quote anything I wrote that even implies that? I am simply saying that if you are too afraid to lose, you will ALWAYS LOSE in a negotiation. Black must negotiate with politicians for their vote. When blacks are too afraid of Republicans winning, they can never hold leverage over Democrats. I can't claim it to be new knowledge while giving examples of 1960s Blacks doing it in the past, Republican voters doing it successfully today.
Negotiating votes falls right in line with politics though. That's my whole point.

Donating, leveraging, negotiating, and questioning politicians fall right in line with being politically active. Being politically inactive would be the opposite of that.

If you're whole argument is that Black people need to vet for better candidates or be more politically strategic, then there is no argument from me at all because that's exactly what I've been saying. But what you're suggesting has nothing to do with what Tariq is saying.

Tariq has advocated that Black people just flat out stop voting until a perfect 3rd Party candidate comes out and he's implied that the GOP is the "lesser evil" numerous times.

Also, the GOP screws over its own people all the time. They just hide the skeletons in their closet very well. Rural White areas are rampant with poverty, drug addiction, broken homes, petty crime, etc. but the GOP just likes to pretend that these areas don't exist while exclusively focusing on Chicago. Republicans are winning off of White fragility, religion, and the promise of trickle down economics for the most part.

Neither party is perfect in the slightest but it's understandable why Black people prefer the DNC over the GOP and being more politically active and strategically smart falls on the community itself.....not the politicians.

Last edited:

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Withhold your vote from a white supremacist party that refuses to provide any “tangibles” for your 60 years of continual support, friend.
Providing tangibles is a very long and drawn out process though. And many Democrats in different areas have tried to push for it. Progress has been made despite all the barriers and strongholds up against it.

Every single reparations task force in the country is in a Blue State or a Liberal area and that's no coincidence at all. Even outside of reparations, there's been a number of things implemented to help out Black residents. Some of it was able to be passed while others were blocked by Republicans and Blue Dog Democrats like Manchin.

There could be more progress happening at a faster rate but it's much easier said than done. Politics by nature is a long-winded process where change can't just happen overnight. Even Trump couldn't get his wall built right away during his term due to this. Checks and balances are a process, not an instant fix up.

Also, there's nothing good that can come from Black people refusing to vote altogether and letting Whites and Non-Blacks have complete control over the political fate of the country. That doesn't mean vote for every Black politician or person with a D to their name but vote for the best candidate out of the bunch who's not on the side of the Right wing fascists who want to bush our civil rights.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Negotiating votes falls right in line with politics though. That's my whole point.

Donating, leveraging, negotiating, and questioning politicians fall right in line with being politically active. Being politically inactive would be the opposite of that.

If you're whole argument is that Black people need to vet for better candidates or be more politically strategic, then there is no argument from me at all because that's exactly what I've been saying. But what you're suggesting has nothing to do with what Tariq is saying.

Tariq has advocated that Black people to just flat out stop voting until a perfect 3rd Party candidate comes out and he's implied that the GOP is the "lesser evil" numerous times.

Also, the GOP screws over its own people all the time. They just hide the skeletons in their closet very well. Rural White areas are rampant with poverty, drug addiction, broken homes, petty crime, etc. but the GOP just likes to pretend that these areas don't exist while exclusively focusing on Chicago. Republicans are winning off of White fragility, religion, and the promise of trickle down economics for the most part.

Neither party is perfect in the slightest but it's understandable why Black people prefer the DNC over the GOP and being more politically active and strategically smart falls on the community itself.....not the politicians.
Nope. Tell candidates that you won't vote for them, unless they provide specific concessions. That's the primary tool for voting. What about it do you not understand? If you are afraid to withhold your vote, because you fear the opposing candidate, you have no voting power.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Nope. Tell candidates that you won't vote for them, unless they provide specific concessions. That's the primary tool for voting. What about it do you not understand? If you are afraid to withhold your vote, because you fear the opposing candidate, you have no voting power.
So......it falls on the community in other words.

Like I said, some of the things you blame on Democrats or politicians actually has more to do with the voting base and their own choices. If certain communities have problems vetting for quality candidates then there could be a push on the part of community leaders or political activists to influence local voters to be more cognizant in who they choose to vote for. And influential people who have tons of integrity and have made major contributions to the community should be encouraged to run for office more often if they feel the political options aren't great.

It still all falls within the voting process. Earlier, I initially thought you were pushing for apolitical complacency like many people online do but what you're suggesting is the exact opposite.

Voters have options and choices. If the community wants specific issues addressed, they need to become more politically active in raising awareness for those specific issues and try to make the right choices for their reps. Too often, though, people get caught up on slogans, charisma, and name recognition instead of focusing on substance and policy. But that's not necessarily a politician issue. That's a voter issue.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
So......it falls on the community in other words.

Like I said, some of the things you blame on Democrats or politicians actually has more to do with the voting base and their own choices. If certain communities have problems vetting for quality candidates then there could be a push on the part of community leaders or political activists to influence local voters to be more cognizant in who they choose to vote for. And influential people who have tons of integrity and have made major contributions to the community should be encouraged to run for office more often if they feel the political options aren't great.

It still all falls within the voting process. Earlier, I initially thought you were pushing for apolitical complacency like many people online do but what you're suggesting is the exact opposite.

Voters have options and choices. If the community wants specific issues addressed, they need to become more politically active in raising awareness for those specific issues and try to make the right choices for their reps. Too often, though, people get caught up on slogans, charisma, and name recognition instead of focusing on substance and policy. But that's not necessarily a politician issue. That's a voter issue.
So why are Tariq, Ice Cube, Charlamagne, P Diddy, etc get jumped on for just providing basic voting strategy for Black voters?

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Providing tangibles is a very long and drawn out process though. And many Democrats in different areas have tried to push for it. Progress has been made despite all the barriers and strongholds up against it.

Every single reparations task force in the country is in a Blue State or a Liberal area and that's no coincidence at all. Even outside of reparations, there's been a number of things implemented to help out Black residents. Some of it was able to be passed while others were blocked by Republicans and Blue Dog Democrats like Manchin.

There could be more progress happening at a faster rate but it's much easier said than done. Politics by nature is a long-winded process where change can't just happen overnight. Even Trump couldn't get his wall built right away during his term due to this. Checks and balances are a process, not an instant fix up.

Also, there's nothing good that can come from Black people refusing to vote altogether and letting Whites and Non-Blacks have complete control over the political fate of the country. That doesn't mean vote for every Black politician or person with a D to their name but vote for the best candidate out of the bunch who's not on the side of the Right wing fascists who want to bush our civil rights.
Another 60 years on the white supremacist Democratic treadmill, friend. :francis:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Exactly....but like I said Tariq's argument is "democrats are actively crapping" on black folks...if that were truly the case then the rate wouldn't be so high....
Him and others think black folks are dumb and that we actively go to the polls and vote Democratic because we are "Sheep" "brainwashed" or "stuck on the plantation" Those people who vote Democrat though are more interested usually in the improvement of black communities as a whole and not just their own bank account. Tariq and the like just want to be bought with a cash or land payment. Anything else means nothing.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Deportations have happened since forever and I'm not sure of any of them resulting in more jobs or resources for "FBA". I'm sure the idea of it sounds good but reality hasn't met expectations
In the past, most of the workers at Cloverhill were Hispanic. Now, most are black.

Union steward Lynne Lane says black workers at Cloverhill reported Mexican workers to immigration officials. | Michelle Kanaar / Sun-Times

Union steward Lynne Lane says black workers at Cloverhill reported Mexican workers to immigration officials. | Michelle Kanaar / Sun-Times

Lynne Lane, a union steward at Cloverhill, says there are tensions as the two groups work side by side. Lane, who is black, says it was black workers at the bakery who called a government hotline to report the Mexican workers to immigration authorities.

“It was [African American] workers in the plant that saw, you know, like I said, that had been treated unfairly and treated like secondary-class citizens” by Hispanic workers, Lane says. “So it was a whole lot of employees in the company. Well, they was given a number, as far as I know. They was given a number to call … to call Immigration.”

The DNC will simply run "anti-woke" Democrats claiming to be moderates and Centrists to appeal to the "Silent Majority", working class Whites, non-Black POC, and suburban White women. And their focus on Black issues will drop immensely due to no longer feeling pressure to cater to our needs and causes.

Are you not paying attention? Thats the current platform. :skip:

Didn't tell black people to fukk off about reparations?
EXCLUSIVE: Trump on reparations: ‘I don’t see it happening’

I see that, and raise you one

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
[QUOTED ARTICLE]
That lady is the one who called a government hotline, the democrats/republicans are not the ones who called. How does that amount to either of them doing something specifically for Black people?

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
That lady is the one who called a government hotline, the democrats/republicans are not the ones who called. How does that amount to either of them doing something specifically for Black people?
Deportations have happened since forever and I'm not sure of any of them resulting in more jobs or resources for "FBA". I'm sure the idea of it sounds good but reality hasn't met expectations