The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Not trying to go anywhere. I made my point:manny:

My thing is these conversations never go anywhere because of the low hanging gaslighting

Time and time again these legitimate gripes about Democrats relationship with black people get met with "Where is all this smoke for Republicans?", but if black people are voting for Dems at 90% how much smoke do you need for someone you're not seeking support from? Wouldn't the burden of smoke be relegated to the ones that are claiming to support you?

The argument is hinged on the black vote falling short as a tool of accountability. Well if that's the case wouldn't that also apply to Democrats? Because when black people complain about their democratic vote appearing to be meaningless they get met with MAGA accusations
Have you ever tried running for office?

Most black politicians are NOT elected by majority black districts. What does this mean?

MOST BLACK PEOPLE CAN NOT GET ELECTED WITH ONLY BLACK VOTES.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
This post is not only a lie but you even contradicted yourself in your 4th sentence.

The DNC still largely feels pressure to recognize and cater to Black issues and causes. They're not perfect when it comes to that but it's a far cry what the scenario I'm talking about where people like John McWhorter and Tulsi Gabbard would be the biggest faces on the DNC, claiming that they're anti-woke and that racial issues are too divisive to speak on, etc.

Biden, for all his flaws, condemned White supremacy directly in the White House and called it the biggest threat to American society and he had all the MAGA racists and Republicans screeching and treating him like an N Word lover. That wouldn't happen if the DNC became what I described it to be.
The reason people bring up Republicans is because #BothSides consistently acts as though they are the "lesser evil" compared to Democrats despite there being no evidence to support that claim.

As for giving Democrats smoke, that's fine as long as there's rationality to it. Of course, corrupt or useless Democrats deserve to be called out. But there should at least be evidence to back up the claims.

When people blame Democrats for inflation and crime, for example, you need to show proof that Democrats actually have any impact on these two things instead of just assuming.

Ditto goes for the Republicans/#BothSides claim that Democrats contribute to Black poverty even though the most middle-upper class Black areas in the country are still heavily Democrat. Black people in NYC have a lower poverty rate than Hispanics and Asians and Queens is one of the few areas in the country where Black household incomes are higher than White ones. Meanwhile, in Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana which are heavily governed by Conservatives and Republicans, the stats are more dire for us than it is in most Blue States.

Overall, there's nothing wrong with criticism. I've emailed local representatives before and have had tough conversations with politicians in different cities before specifically regarding education for Black boys. Everyone should be politically active and trying to hold their reps accountable.

But, too often, you just get a bunch of armchair political analysts who just want to blame everything negative on one political party without even having a comprehensive understanding of what really contributes to certain issues such as crime, poverty, miseducation, etc. The Democrats could do better just like any other political party but there's only so much they can fix that can't be fixed internally or within the community itself. Politicians are supposed to aid and help communities, not wave a magic wand and give people a happy ending overnight.
The #Bothsides argument is the belief that both parties conform to wishes of corporate interest. So they play-fight over social issues, but more often than not are in lockstep over major economic spending. Why else would the California State Senate refuse to pass a universal health care bill, despite a Democratic supermajority? How about that $15 federal minimum wage campaign promise by Biden, but 2 senators from his home state Delaware were the deciding votes to take it out of the reconciliation bill? Schumer refused to put Sanders Medicare4All bill up for a vote too. Both parties are fully bipartisan when it comes to military spending, raising the pentagon budget despite recently ending a war. Both parties are in lockstep in funding Israel as the Israeli lobbyists fund both parties. Fighting over abortion rights costs no real money, so they campaign on it, then refuse to codify it when they have the votes. Killing the war on drugs costs donors money, so the black community continues to suffer from it regardless of who is elected. But we got federal recognition for Junteenth. Hey, the Republicans would have never given us that though.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
You do understand that republicans get elected, and almost all southern states have been republican/conservative dominated for generations. What is this amazing conservative led track record that black folks are missing? Mississippi, Alabama? Show your work
That's what I keep saying breh.

Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana routinely have some of the worst statistics for Black folks in the whole country in terms of education, poverty, illiteracy, obesity, gun violence, etc.

Jackson and NOLA are bigger murder capitals than Chicago on average. It's just that Chicago has more people and both Republicans and Drill music have portrayed the the city as a hell hole where every other Black person is either a murderer or getting murdered even though that's far from the case.

Jackson, MS was literally just called the murder capital of the world by Mississippi's own governor. And NOLA had to literally send warnings to out of towners visiting for Mardi Gras, telling them not to come alone.

Yet brehs will keep saying "Look at Chicago! I keep telling you those Democrats are terrible for Black people" while ignoring how poorly many Black people in Red/Conservative states are doing as well as ignoring how most middle-upper class Black areas in the country are still heavily Democrat.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
The #Bothsides argument is the belief that both parties conform to wishes of corporate interest. So they play-fight over social issues, but more often than not are in lockstep over major economic spending. Why else would the California State Senate refuse to pass a universal health care bill, despite a Democratic supermajority? How about that $15 federal minimum wage campaign promise by Biden, but 2 senators from his home state Delaware were the deciding votes to take it out of the reconciliation bill? Schumer refused to put Sanders Medicare4All bill up for a vote too. Both parties are fully bipartisan when it comes to military spending, raising the pentagon budget despite recently ending a war. Both parties are in lockstep in funding Israel as the Israeli lobbyists fund both parties. Fighting over abortion rights costs no real money, so they campaign on it, then refuse to codify it when they have the votes. Killing the war on drugs costs donors money, so the black community continues to suffer from it regardless of who is elected. But we got federal recognition for Junteenth. Hey, the Republicans would have never given us that though.
So, what's your solution?

Give up voting altogether and let Non-Black voters determine the fate of the country?

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Trump told you MAGAs to fukk off about reparations so explain to me why you support the republicans. We can see from your post history that you are a MAGA

Nikka said explain to me :laugh:

I don't support republicans.....I support Anti-Immigration....I said plenty of times that I support Trump with his Anti-Immigration laws.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You do understand that republicans get elected, and almost all southern states have been republican/conservative dominated for generations. What is this amazing conservative led track record that black folks are missing? Mississippi, Alabama? Show your work
Where in my post do I even indicate a stellar Republican track record? Especially in regard to black people?

Again this is how these discussions always veer off the road into nikkas set trippin

Again whenever criticisms, hell even questions about Democrats arise it always pivots to "where is this smoke for Republicans???" But black people aren't putting republicans in office. Black people aren't looking to republicans for restorative policy.On that same note republicans don't advertise on being the paragon of civil rights that democrats do, so shouldn't the majority of the smoke be reserved for holding democrats accountable to the people that put them in office?

This shouldn't even be a question but this also reveals the context of black people being socially penalized for being anything other than drones that aren't supposed to ask questions. Whites, Latinos and Asians talk crazy to these politicians and they fall in line because their votes and cash demand it. Black people do anything deviating from silent devotion and everyone mobilizes to remind us shut up and continue to to do as told.

That's the funniest part of nikkas using #Bothsides as a pejorative. Most of the nikkas on here being accused of being #Bothsides STILL go out and vote Dem like they always have and are STILL ridiculed for having the audacity to ask questions or seek the political selfishness that other demographics do

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have you ever tried running for office?

Most black politicians are NOT elected by majority black districts. What does this mean?

MOST BLACK PEOPLE CAN NOT GET ELECTED WITH ONLY BLACK VOTES.
Of course not but if that's the case Dems should stop with the "we couldn't do anything without the staunch support of African Americans, we're gonna do right by you one day we swear" dog and pony show:manny:

But we eat that shyt up so maybe they shouldn't:manny:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps

Thay guy is talking about construction companies hiring and promoting immigrants. What does that have to do with the Democratic party? What would the change be and what would it do for Black people?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nikka said explain to me :laugh:

I don't support republicans.....I support Anti-Immigration....I said plenty of times that I support Trump with his Anti-Immigration laws.
You was screaming "bluelivesmatter" too. What does that have to do with immigration?

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Where in my post do I even indicate a stellar Republican track record? Especially in regard to black people?

Again this is how these discussions always veer off the road into nikkas set trippin

Again whenever criticisms, hell even questions about Democrats arise it always pivots to "where is this smoke for Republicans???" But black people aren't putting republicans in office. Black people aren't looking to republicans for restorative policy.On that same note republicans don't advertise on being the paragon of civil rights that democrats do, so shouldn't the majority of the smoke be reserved for holding democrats accountable to the people that put them in office?

This shouldn't even be a question but this also reveals the context of black people being socially penalized for being anything other than drones that aren't supposed to ask questions. Whites, Latinos and Asians talk crazy to these politicians and they fall in line because their votes and cash demand it. Black people do anything deviating from silent devotion and everyone mobilizes to remind us shut up and continue to to do as told.

That's the funniest part of nikkas using #Bothsides as a pejorative. Most of the nikkas on here being accused of being #Bothsides STILL go out and vote Dem like they always have and are STILL ridiculed for having the audacity to ask questions or seek the political selfishness that other demographics do
You’ve written a lot to completely evade the point. We have conservative led states, courts (even supreme), jurisdictions, etc. What is it about republican policies and positions that should motivate black voters to lend their support? You failed to answer that. Isn’t there a cause and effect relationship you’re trying to avoid for some reason?

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
So, what's your solution?

Give up voting altogether and let Non-Black voters determine the fate of the country?

Donations without votes is nothing. Black people have to leverage their influence on politicians before giving up their votes. MLK Jr wasn't battling interpersonal racism, but system racism, and politicians sought him out gain the black vote. They made concessions for them and we got rights for Blacks in return. This concept of blacks having no alternative is a recent one. We watch Republicans demand the end of Roe vs Wade for decades, and they constantly voted out Republican politicians who voted against those wishes. They oddly got their wish despite the majority of Americans wanting the right to abortion. So we do like Republicans do with their politicians.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You’ve written a lot to completely evade the point. We have conservative led states, courts (even supreme), jurisdictions, etc. What is it about republican policies and positions that should motivate black voters to lend their support? You failed to answer that. Isn’t there a cause and effect relationship you’re trying to avoid for some reason?
You keep addressing a point I haven't made and I don't even see how you're managing to do it

I haven't indicated anything that should motivate black people to lend their support to republicans, that's why they don't breh the fukk?:russ:

So if that's the case, and black people support Dems as much as 90%, shouldn't the efforts of tangible accountability go directly to the people receiving the majority of the black vote? Why will no one answer this question?

Again I don't know how you're seeing my posts and concluding that I'm making a case for supporting republicans, but this is what continues to happen. Anything resembling criticism of Dems automatically pivots to "Here go these MAGA nikkas again"

This has been the only point of anything I've said in here. Black folks are the only ones that think you can't vote for someone and have criticisms. I don't do the political gangbanging discourse bullshyt:manny:

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Of course not but if that's the case Dems should stop with the "we couldn't do anything without the staunch support of African Americans, we're gonna do right by you one day we swear" dog and pony show:manny:

But we eat that shyt up so maybe they shouldn't:manny:
You’re illiterate. Democrats can’t get elected without black people. However you can’t win as a black candidate with only black votes.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You’re illiterate. Democrats can’t get elected without black people. However you can’t win as a black candidate with only black votes.
I didn't indicate otherwise but here we are, not even on page two and the ad hominems couldn't wait

If you don't see the conflict of interest in the constant pandering to black people being out of sync with the subsequent action towards those same black people then :manny: