The Tariq Nasheed Thread

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ:....bruh where you trying to go with this?....
Not trying to go anywhere. I made my point:manny:

My thing is these conversations never go anywhere because of the low hanging gaslighting

Time and time again these legitimate gripes about Democrats relationship with black people get met with "Where is all this smoke for Republicans?", but if black people are voting for Dems at 90% how much smoke do you need for someone you're not seeking support from? Wouldn't the burden of smoke be relegated to the ones that are claiming to support you?

The argument is hinged on the black vote falling short as a tool of accountability. Well if that's the case wouldn't that also apply to Democrats? Because when black people complain about their democratic vote appearing to be meaningless they get met with MAGA accusations

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We want to know why he hasn’t led any movements or protests against the Mexican gang that killed an innocent black child in his hometown

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City

My thing is these conversations never go anywhere because of the low hanging gaslighting

Time and time again these legitimate gripes about Democrats relationship with black people get met with "Where is all this smoke for Republicans?", but if black people are voting for Dems at 90% how much smoke do you need for someone you're not seeking support from? Wouldn't the burden of smoke be relegated to the ones that are claiming to support you?

The argument is hinged on the black vote falling short as a tool of accountability. Well if that's the case wouldn't that also apply to Democrats? Because when black people complain about their democratic vote appearing to be meaningless they get met with MAGA accusations
It wasn't a good point....just saying....can you tell me how the democrats are crapping on black folk like tariq is suggesting?....are the republicans doing anything to actively seek the black vote?....how was the black vote meaningless in the last election?....we were the vote that got Biden in there....GA turned blue...TX was right on that cusp ....

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Black people generally support Democrats because the GOP is mostly gutter trash that caters to angry White men who resent Black people and feel like they own the country. Simple as that.

It doesn't mean Democrats don't have lots of flaws. All political parties do. But I still find a higher % of Democrats electable on average than Republicans, especially the ones who aren't Neo-Liberals like Biden or Hillary. But even with Biden and Hillary who aren't my ideal candidates, I'll still take them over 90% of Republicans any day of the week.

Black people refusing to vote will cause Black politicians to go the way of the Dodo bird and put us at the mercy of non-Black voters.

TLR is under the assumption that Black people boycotting Democrats will cause the DNC to pander to us harder than ever but the exact opposite is true. The DNC will simply run "anti-woke" Democrats claiming to be moderates and Centrists to appeal to the "Silent Majority", working class Whites, non-Black POC, and suburban White women. And their focus on Black issues will drop immensely due to no longer feeling pressure to cater to our needs and causes.

As for voting 3rd Party, I do applaud Cornel West for trying something different. But it's basically reinventing the wheel at this point. There's Black Democrats who are more active and pro-Black/pro-tangibles than Cornel West and 3rd Party candidates still need to meet the same requirements as the major political parties in order to win elections and get legislation passed. Running as 3rd Party sounds cool on paper and makes you sound like a rebel but, in the grand scheme of things, it's just a label. It sounds cooler to be "Independent" than a Democrat/Republican but, ultimately, things will only be radically different if your agenda is radically different and I don't see much evidence that Cornel is going to be any more radical than Bernie Sanders who's a Democrat based on what he's proposing.

But, sticking to the point, Black people have conscious reasons not to vote GOP. Voting Democrat doesn't automatically make you a sheep especially since not every Democrat is the same. The ONLY politicians that have been pushing for reparations and tangibles in parts of the country such as Evanston, IL are Democrats. Show me a Republican or Libertarian politician or area that's pushing for the same shyt and I'll show you how to surf in Arizona....

That was the 2020 DNC presidential strategy. You didn't make that up by yourself. DNC candidates don't even use terms like Black people or Poor people anymore, its all about The Working Class. They do this because they have black voters in their back pocket. Do we really need more proof than Biden's "...You ain't Black" comment to Charlamagne?

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Didn't watch the video. Is Tariq advocating for more black people to join the People's Party :jbhmm:

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps

The reason people bring up Republicans is because #BothSides consistently acts as though they are the "lesser evil" compared to Democrats despite there being no evidence to support that claim.

As for giving Democrats smoke, that's fine as long as there's rationality to it. Of course, corrupt or useless Democrats deserve to be called out. But there should at least be evidence to back up the claims.

When people blame Democrats for inflation and crime, for example, you need to show proof that Democrats actually have any impact on these two things instead of just assuming.

Ditto goes for the Republicans/#BothSides claim that Democrats contribute to Black poverty even though the most middle-upper class Black areas in the country are still heavily Democrat. Black people in NYC have a lower poverty rate than Hispanics and Asians and Queens is one of the few areas in the country where Black household incomes are higher than White ones. Meanwhile, in Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana which are heavily governed by Conservatives and Republicans, the stats are more dire for us than it is in most Blue States.

Overall, there's nothing wrong with criticism. I've emailed local representatives before and have had tough conversations with politicians in different cities before specifically regarding education for Black boys. Everyone should be politically active and trying to hold their reps accountable.

But, too often, you just get a bunch of armchair political analysts who just want to blame everything negative on one political party without even having a comprehensive understanding of what really contributes to certain issues such as crime, poverty, miseducation, etc. The Democrats could do better just like any other political party but there's only so much they can fix that can't be fixed internally or within the community itself. Politicians are supposed to aid and help communities, not wave a magic wand and give people a happy ending overnight.

Last edited:

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
That was the 2020 DNC presidential strategy. You didn't make that up by yourself. DNC candidates don't even use terms like Black people or Poor people anymore, its all about The Working Class. They do this because they have black voters in their back pocket. Do we really need more proof than Biden's "...You ain't Black" comment to Charlamagne?
This post is not only a lie but you even contradicted yourself in your 4th sentence.

The DNC still largely feels pressure to recognize and cater to Black issues and causes. They're not perfect when it comes to that but it's a far cry from the scenario I'm talking about where people like John McWhorter and Tulsi Gabbard would be the biggest faces on the DNC, claiming that they're anti-woke and that racial issues are too divisive to speak on, etc.

Biden, for all his flaws, condemned White supremacy directly in the White House and called it the biggest threat to American society and he had all the MAGA racists and Republicans screeching and treating him like an N Word lover. That wouldn't happen if the DNC became what I described it to be.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps

You do understand that republicans get elected, and almost all southern states have been republican/conservative dominated for generations. What is this amazing conservative led track record that black folks are missing? Mississippi, Alabama? Show your work

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Tariq has more than enough of a reach to viably push for candidates he wants in the primaries, if he were actually arguing in good faith
Not just that. He could run himself. This is why I want critics of democrats to actually try running in a system where one party caters to white supremacists and the other has to figure out everything else. Can’t talk all that hot shyt when they need to actually win elections. Look at Marcel Dixon. Dude was being an unhinged a$$hole and got crushed.

They keep thinking that being like trump means you’ll win. Doesn’t work that way. Can’t keep saying how racist the country is THEN ignoring how candidates have to navigate racism. Either the country is bigoted and small-minded or it’s not, and you’ll move accordingly.

voiture

Superstar
Daps
Didn't tell black people to fukk off about reparations?
EXCLUSIVE: Trump on reparations: ‘I don’t see it happening’