The Tariq Nasheed Thread

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Straight from Wikipedia for you:ehh:Social conservatism is a political philosophy and variety of conservatism which places emphasis on traditional power structures over social pluralism.

social conservatism relates to a "commitment" to traditional values concerned with family structures, sexual relations, patriotism, gun ownership and military invasions,

Im not too sure what they mean by military invasion

but the family structure, sexual relations, patriotism (nationalism) is what I meant.

I'm sure you can insert education & capitalism in the mix too.

I think my definition still applies when you observe the behavior and ideologies of black people globally

Daps
Reppin
NULL
And how do you square the "resurgence" of paleoconservatism and the "new" (they aren't new just emboldened, it's the same damn candidates and voters) Republican party? Whoever invented w/e ideology is entirely irrelevant when those with the means to do and affect legislation identify as socially and fiscally conservative and vote as such. This is a no-true scotsman fallacy on your part. If you look into paleoconservatism, which might as well be a tenet of social conservatism, you will see it fits bill nearly 1:1 outside of differing views from varying philosophers on the matter.

Do me favor, I want you to cite w/e book or source you are pulling your definition from, I want the grounding philosophy you are pulling your beliefs from. I see "social conservative" thrown around a lot on this forum. I want the source of that, you should be able to provide that instantly if it serves as the basis of your philosophy.

The SEP serves as a great basis for anyone as these are matter of philosophy/ethics, nothing else:

Liberalism (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
Conservatism (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

But please, provide your source for your basis. I want that moving forward from anyone self-identifying as "social conservatives". I want to verify this isn't a co-opting of something that sounds cool simply because you have a problem with the gays.

My main source is Grandma/Grandaddy on both sides… My maternal side was members of the SCLC… Paternal side were black business owners and I saw them kick white folks in they ass and talk to em like dogs cause we didn’t need them in totality to live a great life as independent from them as we could be… You requiring honkey literature or sources reveals to me you ain’t never bust a grape behind standing on your own 2 as a nikka…. Any sensible nikka that understands black history in America would have started with the writings of Booker T…. but you nikka hating, honkey bred cos playing black folks expose yaselves so easily, you’re not really worth the back and forth discourse….

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Ya'll are in some alternate reality where "conservative" means "White" or "Republican".
Conservatism precedes and expands beyond anything concerning America or being white.
There are people on the other side of the globe who've never been here, concerned with our happenings, and aren't white-- yet they're conservative.

If that gif helps you sleep well, then...
okay-waka-flocka.gif
what do we,as black Americans do as a whole, that could define us as socially conservative :jbhmm:
I don’t care what other black people
around the globe do. You’re on a African American culture centric site, not the other way around:beli:

Last edited:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
:laff:

Think that internet posters don’t know how to use the internet… Post a sample of the ideology you googled without context because you think internet posters don’t understand search engines…

Play black militant man but discuss topics like a 14 year old white girl brehs….. so you feel like you won. :childplease:

Lol you pick and choose ass fool.

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
My main source is Grandma/Grandaddy on both sides… My maternal side was members of the SCLC… Paternal side were black business owners and I saw them kick white folks in they ass and talk to em like dogs cause we didn’t need them in totality to live a great life as independent from them as we could be… You requiring honkey literature or sources reveals the me you ain’t never bust a grape behind standing on your own 2 as a nikka…. Any sensible nikka that understands black history in America would have started with the writings of Booker T…. but you nikka hating, honkey bred cos playing black folks expose yaselves so easily, you’re not really worth the back and forth discourse….

:mjlol:

Yeah, so we are done, don't expect any further replies from me.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Right around the time when we wanted to not be slaves :unimpressed:

You can't remove the racial element when it's been there for 300 years

Post slavery, Black people were overwhelmingly Republican, and at worst 40% Republican from 1880 up until 1964

Republican Party after Slavery

47a.jpg

Democratic Party after Slavery

310648714-democrats-democrats-kkk-racist-political-poster.jpg

democrats-a-history-of-racism-1.jpg

Open up a book and learn history and please don't embarrassed yourself

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
Yea, a lot of these posters are uneducated and gullible as hell.

They don't even know the definitions of ideologies they espouse

Just ask for their founding material, no one will provide it. It's like some kid preaching nihilism, but he hasn't read a lick of literature on it and thinks it simply means "life sucks so why try". This is why I don't adhere to any labels or political fields of thought, I pull heavily from social democratic views but my underlying basis is simply "improving overall wellbeing" and moving from there. Attaching yourself to labels when you have no idea what they mean is just idiotic as you will find yourself accepting anything that comes with it or refuting what you don't like while suggesting your interlocutor has it all wrong. So I want the source of their basis moving forward, that's a bare minimum from anyone adhering to a school of thought, and it will cull 99% of people on this topic, as you know they don't read shyt. It's the only way to move towards objectivity, they want the conversation to continue on their grounds so they can continue muddying the waters with obscurity, while also claiming you are the one that has it all wrong. I refuse to play into that nonsense. :hhh:

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Post slavery, Black people were overwhelmingly Republican, and at worst 40% Republican from 1880 up until 1964

Republican Party after Slavery

47a.jpg

Democratic Party after Slavery

310648714-democrats-democrats-kkk-racist-political-poster.jpg

democrats-a-history-of-racism-1.jpg

Open up a book and learn history and please don't embarrassed yourself
THE Republican party would have been considered liberal and the Democrats conservative during those days