The Tariq Nasheed Thread

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Abortion, same sex marriage, religion, death penalty etc...I mean, black people generally might even be more conservative about some of this stuff than Republicans. A lot it's probably couched in how pious we are. But yea. I don't have a read on gun rights but I do wonder about that.
Maybe this was true a decade or two ago, but it's not today. Black people's attitudes have shifted on both issues. And more and more Black people are leaving the church.

Public Opinion on Abortion
Attitudes on Same-Sex Marriage

On the death penalty, it seems to be evenly divided with 49% for and 49% against.

Most Americans Favor the Death Penalty Despite Concerns About Its Administration

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
what does slavery have to do with liberalism? when the ancestors took up arms in those many rebellions that occurred during slavery, it had nothing to do with politics.

It was bloody warfare.

If I wanna be free from slavery, that doesnt mean I support abortion now. lol

I'm about to get some oysters so I'll get back at you.

But way back when, it was conservatives who were against ending slavery. You know, with the whole states rights thing and all. They were also for Jim crow because they didn't want their children being to the ni... Nasty people :mjpls:

I know that you know that the racist element is a core tenet of being conservative.

Even your little abortion angle is straight from the Bible which surprise surprise was used as tool justify enslaving "those heathens".

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I respect Richard Spencer . He's not the white supremacists we need to worry about :smugfavre:

Spencer is the same guy that would love Tariq

Also it's the same party (gop) that want to erase the very things that Tariq wants to illuminate with his

FBA museum :ohhh:

I dont see a conflict :russ:

Maybe his mother in law got him to watch fox news at night

:usure:

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
he's not wrong. deeply imbedded christian values have made black americans socially conservative and fiscally liberal

if the GOP wasnt so insistent on being an explicitly racist party, they'd get a sizeable black vote.

black people should be voting libertarian by all accounts

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
I'm about to get some oysters so I'll get back at you.

But way back when, it was conservatives who were against ending slavery. You know, with the whole states rights thing and all. They were also for Jim crow because they didn't want their children being to the ni... Nasty people :mjpls:

I know that you know that the racist element is a core tenet of being conservative.

Even your little abortion angle is straight from the Bible which surprise surprise was used as tool justify enslaving "those heathens".

There were "good whites" aka liberals who owned slaves too.

there were "good whites" who educated their slaves and sponsored them to go to ivy league school (shoutout to Prince Saunders)

there were "good whites" who didnt abuse their slaves and actually fed them well and advocated on behalf of them.

If slavery was around today, white liberals would have a bunch of them.

Lets not politicize slavery.... I'm not saying we should all start voting Republican... I'm just saying black people are NOT liberals.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
There were "good whites" aka liberals who owned slaves too.

there were "good whites" who educated their slaves and sponsored them to go to ivy league school (shoutout to Prince Saunders)

there were "good whites" who didnt abuse their slaves and actually fed them well and advocated on behalf of them.

If slavery was around today, white liberals would have a bunch of them.

Lets not politicize slavery.... I'm not saying we should all start voting Republican... I'm just saying black people are NOT liberals.

Breh, how do you define a liberal in the 1700s and 1800s? I think your doing some heavy lifting with this idea of the liberal benevolent slave owner.

The "good liberal whites" were actual abolitionists.

And the legacy of slavery is finely ingrained within conservativism. That shyt lead to reconstruction, Jim crow, to Ronnie Reagan calling out welfare queens and states rights , to mitt Romney talking about the takers.

That's conservativism.

shyt man, you still see swastikas and rebel flags at trump rallies

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Now this is dummy logic… Believing in a higher power, personal accountability, family mores and values, and ethics/principles that builds strong communities automatically equals that you hate the LGBT community?

White folks love slow nikkas like yaself and the ones that dapped you…

No, what white folks love is nikkas like yourself that cape for Republicans. Trust me on that. :russ: