The Supreme Court decisions on Affirmative Action and student loans are set to drop today at 10 am.(Edit: Affirmative action struck down 6-3)

Daps
Reppin
St louis
but both sides though.
clarence thomas and the rest
of you c00ns should be murdered
in front of your loved ones.
you stupid mutha fukkas think the
music youve always heard is for a party
but they have always been war drums.
wake the fukk up.
vHgYOwi.gif

UKVu0t8.gif

Last edited:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The issue is black folks fight harder to be aligned with other groups than ourselves

We can't act like it's just these other ethnic groups latching on when plenty of black folks begged them to get on the boat. I still hear "black and brown" in 2023:francis:

Unfortunately do to mass abortions( I'm neutral on abortion) curtailing our population and the lack of high immigration numbers we don't have the numbers to go at it alone politically speaking. We need "allies"

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean Biden is in office and AA was still struck down, what will another 4 years of Democrat do? Ain't the point of voting Democrat is to keep things in our favor? Roe v. Wade, AA gone, Student Loans still need to be paid back.

Things could be far worse with the GOP, but still.

He can place more judges in the lower courts.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I mean Biden is in office and AA was still struck down, what will another 4 years of Democrat do? Ain't the point of voting Democrat is to keep things in our favor? Roe v. Wade, AA gone, Student Loans still need to be paid back.

Things could be far worse with the GOP, but still.

"Historic laws are being reversed because republicans stole a Supreme Court justice selection after an election where many democrats stayed home. So why shouldn't we stay home again."

???

The logic not working breh. You should vote to ensure a democrat president and a democrat senate picks the next Supreme Court justices, if nothing else. Allowing a republican president to replace Clarence Thomas with another right winger is an unacceptable outcome. It should also be noted that Chief Justice Roberts has a long history of seizures so while he isn't that old, it's a real possibility that he will be replaced within the next 4-5 years as well. I would say the possibility of getting a 5-4 liberal majority on the court is worth voting for.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It'll hurt us a little bit but the big loser.......ASIANS.

They think getting rid of 20 Black and Latino kids opens up slots for them :russ: .

NOPE! Now schools will use family income which still favors us OR.....they will increase legacy admissions which favors white people.

So Asians played themselves.
They did their jobs:manny:

They get so offended at the model minority label but they perform that shyt to perfection:russ:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Affirmative Action was suppose to be for Black Descendants of Slaves only. It has nothing to do with Asians, Latinos or White Women but all used them to their advantage in education and employment. The Program has be rewritten for Us and Us Only. This "Include Everyone" Garbage is over. It was Asians who joined along with the White Supremacist to strike this down. Once Again the Republican Party attacks Rights that Black People fought and died for.

This is why I'm 100% fine with Black Americans completely separating for all other groups. There's been too many backstabbers. All programs going forward must say Descendants of American Slaves Period. No "People of Color" No "Minority". That ish is dead. Any program that doesn't specifically use us a unique group will no longer be viable from either Party. Also the reason the "Farmers" Money got struck down is because the Democrats used "People of Color" and didn't say Descendants of Slaves. No other group was Slaves in this Country, no other group went through what we went through. None of them. Stop trying to lump us in with everyone. We are our own group PERIOD. Enough of this B.S..

This has always been a trick bag. Affirmative Action should have been For Blacks and Blacks only because that's who the aggrieved party is. Trump and the Republicans will lose the black vote even worst than before. Now I want to see how you Black Republicans spin this one. Why are the Republican Party gutting Affirmative Action, Banning Black Books and Authors and The Voting Rights Act? Because they are clearly Anti-Black and screaming i from the top of their lungs. Also Asians, these White Supremacist Colleges aren't going to accept you more now. They will make it a point to exclude you even more.
I can vibe for a restructuring of Affirmative Action with regards to lineage vs the current outdated paradigm of race

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
So this all started because Asian kids couldn't get into elite schools? So they falsely blame black people for 'taking their spot' at these schools? That's ridiculous.

Black people make up a miniscule percentage at these schools as it is. My guess is that these Asian kids aren't getting in because they're boring. No personality, no story, no social life, no after-school activities/hobbies, no clubs, etc. It would make sense for these Ivy league schools to instead invest in more well-rounded people.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I don’t see how AA stands. I mean, it is literally race-based discrimination.

Affirmative action was first created from Executive Order 10925, which was signed by President John F. Kennedy on 6 March 1961 and required that government employers "not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed, color, or national origin" and "take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin".[108][109]

On 24 September 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson signed Executive Order 11246, thereby replacing Executive Order 10925 and affirming Federal Government's commitment "to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive, continuing program in each executive department and agency".[5] Affirmative action was extended to sex by Executive Order 11375 which amended Executive Order 11246 on 13 October 1967, by adding "sex" to the list of protected categories. In the U.S. affirmative action's original purpose was to pressure institutions into compliance with the nondiscrimination mandate of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.[26][110] The Civil Rights Acts do not cover discrimination based on veteran status, disabilities, or age that is 40 years and older. These groups may be protected from discrimination under different laws.[111]

If anything, it's an anti-race-based law. Which is in fact, constitutional.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Huge assumption that the admissions boards will value that whatsoever
They won't, having faith they would seems utterly ridiculous tbh.
Cacs and conservatives are waging war on our communities through education and policing and this is a massive win for them. Less black children going through schools, less doctors, less engineers, less lawyers, less people to represent us in places that matter. The abolishment off AA doesn't mean fair and equal treatment of all when our communities are the most handicapped and we have nothing to address those inequalities.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
So this all started because Asian kids couldn't get into elite schools? So they falsely blame black people for 'taking their spot' at these schools? That's ridiculous.

Black people make up a miniscule percentage at these schools as it is. My guess is that these Asian kids aren't getting in because they're boring. No personality, no story, no social life, no after-school activities/hobbies, no clubs, etc. It would make sense for these Ivy league schools to instead invest in more well-rounded people.

The Asian kids in this case were pawns. Edward Blum is the person that has been spamming cases against affirmative action for 30 plus years and this time around using Asian plaintiffs was his angle.