The Supreme Court decisions on Affirmative Action and student loans are set to drop today at 10 am.(Edit: Affirmative action struck down 6-3)

Daps
I would think this is how this would play out, but looking at their percentages in the UC system makes me :patrice:
Yeah but Cali got a big population of Asians, lots of immigrant Latinos and a declining Black population. Easier for them to run up numbers out there.

It won't work the same in other states. Plus I suspect Cali schools focus heavy on stats (test scores, class rank) while other schools know that you don't want an entire student body of STEM majors with the same resume.

They want the overachiever Black kid from the Bronx that wants to be mayor and will actually try to change the world...not just get a degree and fall into some high paying corporate gig.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
These institutions are missing out on having black talent....and they know it. Black talented youth are bringing more to them then they are to black youth.

Hopefully we will see a rise in black owned institutions because these cacs always want to pull some slimy shyt. Can never trust them.

How can you thrive in environment you are not truly wanted?

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I would think this is how this would play out, but looking at their percentages in the UC system makes me :patrice:

California has the largest Asian population and in state is cheaper (and they are great schools). Texas got rid of AA a while back and UT didn't revert that way.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Not thrilled but honestly I am surprised it survived this long. It's been a target since the Bakke case in the 70s against quotas and we thought it would be dead in the early 2000s when the whole Ward Connerly push etc. was going on but the conservative judges weren't that right wing back then. We have to organize to take control over our education since state education for Blacks is under attack at all levels with this CRT crap.

Yep HBCU's need to step up massively and fulfill their purpose 10x.

Black Americans specifically need to rethink how we educated ourselves and our children.

Plus we need to fight for harsher anti-discrimination laws

Black people with 4 year degrees still lag behind cacs with less education.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
California has the largest Asian population and in state is cheaper (and they are great schools). Texas got rid of AA a while back and UT didn't revert that way.

Do you have the numbers on the UT system?

Didn't they start off taking the top 10% of every graduating class and the cacs worked to stop that?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The dems just don't play the long game well. RBG was damn near 90 when she died in Office. You know what a republican gonna do if he gets elected into office? retire ol ass clarence thomas so they can replace him with another conservative.
You are not informed

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
It's a setback, but schools will find a way around it. They'll just start using zipcodes, income bracket, high school demographics. These universities do not want all Indian and Asian student bodies.
Yes they do and they already have them.

Chinese for example, pay the highest tuition rates. School is a business and they pay the most for being international.