The Supreme Court decisions on Affirmative Action and student loans are set to drop today at 10 am.(Edit: Affirmative action struck down 6-3)

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
U

They definitely don't at all. That's why the conservatives have been able to pull the rug out from under them all these years. They have this misguided belief about hope and faith in the institution when it has shown to be anything but that. That's why they get played when it comes to all that bipartisan stuff the Rs all fall in line accordingly and will vote for whats in their best interests and that alone. These new justices have been essentially cultured to be put in place in courts around the country for cases just like this. To keep power over there for as long as they possibly can.
I will say this: I AM NOT ONE, BUT- the reason the “both sides” folks exist is because of crap like this. If we, the average American, can see that Republicans play dirty and Democrats just somehow seem to always get screwed, then…the Democratic law makers can see it themselves. We aren’t smarter than them.

I’m not voting red regardless, but there have been moments that it was abundantly clear the GOP was playing dirty, and when we are up we don’t return the favor. Solely moral high ground?

I understand the need to be moderate so that Dems can appeal to middle America, but eh…

In the case of RBG, we needed her to take one for the team so Obama could nominate someone. It would’ve sucked, but her legacy was already set in stone.

Ionno.

It’s just very clear that republicans have been on a decades long journey to set shyt back in this country. It was said that THAT was the reason Trump was in there. He did more damage than many realized. How many judges did he appoint??

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC (but PGH will forever be home)
Imma say this...and I don't give a fukk...based on some of yall responses it's like yall wanna be up white folk and deal with their racism based on funded education.

I never wanted to geaux to PWI unless it was for football. All that funding and resources is smoke and mirrors when you stressed out 3 ways l: College coursework, Rampant Racism and Lack of identity support.

Them ofays know if they make shyt equal across the board we would whip their narrow asses in any fukking contest. That's a fact. And I'm speaking on ADOS...and we not even gon count West Africans and Carribeans cause then that's like 90s Bulls getting LeBron James and Shaq.

We are Almighty and Powerful.

In 30 yrs they gon regret this and we canbuse this to our advantage. CBC is always asking about funding for colleges and shyt, well now we can get back our best and brightest.

Couple of things:

• We gotta stop looking at this as "theirs vs. ours". Yale isn't simply a white school, it is an institution. One of the top institutions in the world that will open doors to anyone who attends. Would you tell your children not to work for Morgan Stanley, because its a white bank? Or McKinsey, because its a white consulting firm?
  • HBCU's certainly have value, but avoiding racism is not one of them. Sure, you can maybe delay the inevitable for 4 years, but the reality is that America is racist, and you are going to have to compete in the racist world sooner or later.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I will say this: I AM NOT ONE, BUT- the reason the “both sides” folks exist is because of crap like this. If we, the average American, can see that Republicans play dirty and Democrats just somehow seem to always get screwed, then…the Democratic law makers can see it themselves. We aren’t smarter than them.
This is why I'm begrudgingly both sides. I have maxxed out on dem contributions several times and I wanna know why my money isn't deployed to shut these crackers down.

Now I'm a both sides enemy. :comeon: shyt is ridiculous. You pay for a thing, you expect at least an attempt to provide that thing, it's not complicated.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Couple of things:

• We gotta stop looking at this as "theirs vs. ours". Yale isn't simply a white school, it is an institution. One of the top institutions in the world that will open doors to anyone who attends. Would you tell your children not to work for Morgan Stanley, because its a white bank? Or McKinsey, because its a white consulting firm?
  • HBCU's certainly have value, but avoiding racism is not one of them. Sure, you can maybe delay the inevitable for 4 years, but the reality is that America is racist, and you are going to have to compete in the racist world sooner or later.
1). This is true....however Yale is def "Theirs" history proves that.

2). The reasons HBCU exist is cause of racism...

That doesn't change the point of we need to support our institutions en masses.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
This is why I'm begrudgingly both sides. I have maxxed out on dem contributions several times and I wanna know why my money isn't deployed to shut these crackers down.

Now I'm a both sides enemy. :comeon: shyt is ridiculous. You pay for a thing, you expect at least an attempt to provide that thing, it's not complicated.
I feel you! And I’m trying not to get to that point, but wtf? These people are insanely intelligent and crafty. If we see it, THEY SEE IT.

I understand they have to handhold these white folks and slowly walk them over to the right side of history, however it’s clear that there’s more going on.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I find these stats weird considering people who weren't even black were listing themselves as such to get into schools.

Mindy Kaling’s brother: I faked being black to get into medical school

By Michael Pearson, CNN
Updated 1:03 PM EDT, Wed April 8, 2015

Vijay Chokal-Ingam says he changed his look to appear black, right, when he applied to medical school.

Vijay Chokal-Ingam says he changed his look to appear black, right, when he applied to medical school.
Courtesy Almost Black

STORY HIGHLIGHTS​

Vijay Chokal-Ingam says he pretended to be black to get into medical school
He says the experience showed him that affirmative action is a flawed system
CNN —
Actress Mindy Kaling’s brother says that he posed as a black man years ago to get into medical school and that the experience opened his eyes to what he calls the hypocrisy of affirmative action.

The revelation comes as Vijay Chokal-Ingam, who is of Indian descent, is pitching a book about his experiences as a “hard-partying college frat boy who discovered the seriousness and complexity of America’s racial problems while posing as a black man.
On his website, AlmostBlack.com, Chokal-Ingam says he hatched the plan in 1998 after realizing in college that his grades weren’t going to be good enough to get into med school as an Indian-American.

“So, I shaved my head, trimmed my long Indian eyelashes, and applied to medical school as a black man,” he wrote on the website. “My change in appearance was so startling that my own fraternity brothers didn’t recognize me at first.”
He says he joined an organization for black students and applied to schools using his middle name, JoJo.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Athletes need to start going to HBCUs.

You don’t need PWIs. Kids are going pro from the G league, Euro league and other bullshyt like that. The argument that you need the visibility they provide is no longer true. We need to go back to our institutions in all ways.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I feel you! And I’m trying not to get to that point, but wtf? These people are insanely intelligent and crafty. If we see it, THEY SEE IT.

I understand they have to handhold these white folks and slowly walk them over to the right side of history, however it’s clear that there’s more going on.
If you'll recall, during the whole wikileaks thing, democratic candidates were told to empathize with the black voter but to NOT PROMISE ANYTHING. I believe that's the general policy, in which case, are they better than republicans? Idk. If so, I can't tell. Soon as Joe Biden was elected, he met with civil rights leaders... in order to tell them they better get down with the latinos.

:mjlol: Wtf are we doing?

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
and yet these white women keep voting for the GOP while the GOP has declared war on them.

Because they pledge allegiance to WHITENESS...not a political party at the end of the day. That's why they keep voting GOP.

They, like their white male GOP counterparts...would rather die...than live in a country that doesn't have a clear and visible European-American (read: WHITE) majority and leadership.
:mjpls: