The Supreme Court decisions on Affirmative Action and student loans are set to drop today at 10 am.(Edit: Affirmative action struck down 6-3)

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC (but PGH will forever be home)
Correct me if I'm wrong here...but I don't see this as a bad thing....now HBCUs can get the best of the best. Thus we should be focus in additional funding. You got HBCUs now focused more on Medicine/Healthcare fields, Engineering and still some HBCUs turn out alot of Black lawyers..this may have a silver lining in it.

This isn't a sport, where one or two blue chip athletes can turn around an entire program.

Simply put- more top students at HBCU's will do very little to improve their rankings/funding, etc.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
So in essence, HBCUs will still be educating the very best of our people to go to school to get a good job and not to solve our problems, at a high cost at that with very little return until maybe the age of 50....
But we will be educating and getting the best of our best now.

If white folks don't wanna hire you cause of your school cool...maybe now we can focus more on cresting our own fields...and trust me..them white folks will hire the best of blacks...they been doing that since the beginning of time. White people will eventually overlook race to ensure that you help them before you help your own.
LSU wanted to hire my Grandmother as a prof but she told them in a letter that they didn't want to educate her when she was qualified to get the best of the best so she went Grambling State College which most blacks did in Louisiana at that time.

PWIs don't understand it until they get all Asians and Indians....so fukk em.

Booker T said it best...give us what we need and we can produce the best of the best. Dr. Francis Cress Wesling said it also. In 30 yrs the whites gon regret it.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Bro these Ivy schools are not about top tier.it is about building and maintaining an elite.

:russ:
That’s not how this thing works breh.
That's how it worked for me. Hs admissions officer (boarding school) said I was the best candidate she'd seen that season, and then I just continued at the same level of output and moved to the next level. Black kids are able to get into top schools, Ivies, without affirmative action.

That said, it would be amazing if black kids started going to hbcu's. My mother tried to get a few kids in but they were too far away from home (the young men went on to learn trades, but locally).

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
Lmao i want to be shot down so i can see how Asians spin it next when Ivy league arent accepting at the rate they want :heh:

but republicans controlling the Supreme Court is not good for anyone :francis:

I'm curious too. They got no other scapegoats. I guess they'll start coming after athletes next :francis:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Asian kids in this case were pawns. Edward Blum is the person that has been spamming cases against affirmative action for 30 plus years and this time around using Asian plaintiffs was his angle.
Labeling them as "pawns" denies their agency and complicity.

We still got people acting like white people have a monopoly on racism and everyone else is our brothers in arms like Asians don't actively practice anti blackness in alignment with their desire to be as adjacent to whiteness as possible

They did this in solidarity with white people's objections to AA because they thought the flimsy AA arguments white people invoke also apply to them. They fukkin want to be white breh:mjlol:

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
This isn't a sport, where one or two blue chip athletes can turn around an entire program.

Simply put- more top students at HBCU's will do very little to improve their rankings/funding, etc.
We shall see. Great black lawyers come from Southern University...Howard turns out great doctors...Bowie State produces alot of great nurses....Morgan has always had a good engineering program. And now they have funding to compete somewhat on a broad scale.

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
Explain? What has ended well for us black folk in this country? You said so yourself that this decision won’t end well for us… I’m asking at what point in history has anything ended well for us? We have been at war since slavery
:skip:

"Things will get worse for black people". Does that sentence make you happy now:lupe:?

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We shall see. Great black lawyers come from Southern University...Howard turns out great doctors...Bowie State produces alot of great nurses....Morgan has always had a good engineering program. And now they have funding to compete somewhat on a broad scale.

This is true from gator. More funding actually comes from recruiting black professors who receive grants for their research . A single high ranked and published professor in medicine or engineering literally brings 10million dollars to a school from the nsf and nih . Sadly these black professors are congregated in those white north east universities. Now imagine have twenty of them at Howard or Xavier

They are the blue chips in education.

Students are irrelevant to department's federal funding. Your whole department could be filled with perfect SAT students and your budget won't budge, because these kids aren't allowed to do research grants. In fact , professors hate to teach undergrads for this exact purpose. That's why there are so many TAs and LAs. It's literally not worth a professor's time

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

Republican states have been underfunding HBCU's by billions for decades.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
with this court, nothing good. ruth bader ginsburg is largely to blame for this.

Yup.

I casually scrolled through this thread and see people pointing fingers at Trump and voters and different ethnic groups... This is all RBGs fault. She didn't want the black president to replace her, wanted to wait for the white female president, that never happened and she passed on.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin

I'm aware yet we still produce champions. I'm proof of it. I'm a Black BFA major who is now in a museum permanent acquisition. Ain't no PWI helped me. All Negro education.

I did all this at an underfunded art program...

No EXCUSES

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's how it worked for me. Hs admissions officer (boarding school) said I was the best candidate she'd seen that season, and then I just continued at the same level of output and moved to the next level. Black kids are able to get into top schools, Ivies, without affirmative action.

That said, it would be amazing if black kids started going to hbcu's. My mother tried to get a few kids in but they were too far away from home (the young men went on to learn trades, but locally).

This is true.. The push for getting our children back into HBCUs need to be resurrected.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
What no one is talking about and even dares to address is that even if we get rid of Affirmative Action, every kid with a perfect GPA, SAT score, & the right activities still won't get into their dream Ivy League because there aren't enough SEATS. Universities practice Eric Cartman's model of using exclusion to increase demand. It'll be interesting to see where the discourse on admissions goes after this because they can no longer use Black folks as a scapegoat.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin

I'm aware and yet we still produce.....the point you are making is null and void.