The Supreme Court decisions on Affirmative Action and student loans are set to drop today at 10 am.(Edit: Affirmative action struck down 6-3)

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
What no one is talking about and even dares to address is that even if we get rid of Affirmative Action, every kid with a perfect GPA, SAT score, & the right activities still won't get into their dream Ivy League because there aren't enough SEATS. Universities practice Eric Cartman's model of using exclusion to increase demand. It'll be interesting to see where the discourse on admissions goes after this because they can no longer use Black folks as a scapegoat.
Online degree is the disruptor

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
This is true.. The push for getting our children back into HBCUs need to be resurrected.
Ados operate best with our backs against the wall.

The period of 'peace' was always gonna be short lived bc wp couldn't stand it and we had no one defending it. We need to be figuring out the next step.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
So are you saying black students with good grades, and good test scores, and extra curricular activities are purposely going to get tossed aside for white students with lower grades, and lower test scores if race isn’t checked off on applications?
Yes.
Please look at the statistics in California
That's how it worked for me. Hs admissions officer (boarding school) said I was the best candidate she'd seen that season, and then I just continued at the same level of output and moved to the next level. Black kids are able to get into top schools, Ivies, without affirmative action.

That said, it would be amazing if black kids started going to hbcu's. My mother tried to get a few kids in but they were too far away from home (the young men went on to learn trades, but locally).
Ma’am I am in no position to debate your truth. I’m sincerely happy for all that you’ve achieved based on merit. My point is that when given the choice schools will select legacy and/or wealthier white candidates over better black candidates and meritocracy. Over the last 50 years AA was loosely enforced but still was a benefit to many black students. In this post AA environment, things will get worse. Just look at Californias educational stats by race since AA was abolished.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
This is true from gator. More funding actually comes from recruiting black professors who receive grants for their research . A single high ranked and published professor in medicine or engineering literally brings 10million dollars to a school from the nsf and nih . Sadly these black professors are congregated in those white north east universities. Now imagine have twenty of them at Howard or Xavier

They are the blue chips in education.

Students are irrelevant to department's federal funding. Your whole department could be filled with perfect SAT students and your budget won't budge, because these kids aren't allowed to do research grants. In fact , professors hate to teach undergrads for this exact purpose. That's why there are so many TAs and LAs. It's literally not worth a professor's time

I oversee a multi-million dollar grant portfolio at a tier 1 university

NIH and NSF provide tons of funding for grad students...which helps to supplement a portion of the tuition costs and pays for some if not all of their grad stipends

Being a brilliant professor can only get you so far...Ivy League schools have the infrastructure needed to support world class research...we bring in 62.5% in indirects on federal projects

Professors generally don't want to teach a broad undergrad population...their interests usually lie in their research & writing books...plus mentoring the brightest of the bright grad students

Last edited:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I think a lot of people suggesting schools will use 'indirect' ways to incorporate race in the future are in for a rude awakening.

This is now the interpretation of federal law. A GOP president could use the Justice Department to file charges against schools that they claim use any kind of benefit for Black folks--even as far as using warrants to uncover info. Once this happens to a couple of schools, the rest will back down out of fear.
Yep

CBS News reported that once AA was removed in California those institutions black enrollment dropped by 50%

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Imma say this...and I don't give a fukk...based on some of yall responses it's like yall wanna be up white folk and deal with their racism based on funded education.

I never wanted to geaux to PWI unless it was for football. All that funding and resources is smoke and mirrors when you stressed out 3 ways l: College coursework, Rampant Racism and Lack of identity support.

Them ofays know if they make shyt equal across the board we would whip their narrow asses in any fukking contest. That's a fact. And I'm speaking on ADOS...and we not even gon count West Africans and Carribeans cause then that's like 90s Bulls getting LeBron James and Shaq.

We are Almighty and Powerful.

In 30 yrs they gon regret this and we canbuse this to our advantage. CBC is always asking about funding for colleges and shyt, well now we can get back our best and brightest.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Labeling them as "pawns" denies their agency and complicity.

We still got people acting like white people have a monopoly on racism and everyone else is our brothers in arms like Asians don't actively practice anti blackness in alignment with their desire to be as adjacent to whiteness as possible

They did this in solidarity with white people's objections to AA because they thought the flimsy AA arguments white people invoke also apply to them. They fukkin want to be white breh:mjlol:
Labeling them as "pawns" denies their agency and complicity.

We still got people acting like white people have a monopoly on racism and everyone else is our brothers in arms like Asians don't actively practice anti blackness in alignment with their desire to be as adjacent to whiteness as possible

They did this in solidarity with white people's objections to AA because they thought the flimsy AA arguments white people invoke also apply to them. They fukkin want to be white breh:mjlol:

I'm adding context, nothing more nothing less.

I'm simply stating the facts of how this case came about and calling out the puppet master because I think it's good for us to know who's pulling the strings

Meet Edward Blum, the man behind the Harvard affirmative action case

Tldr Edward Blum has been going out of his way to recruit plaintiffs for these affirmative action cases for decades.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm adding context, nothing more nothing less.

I'm simply stating the facts of how this case came about and calling out the puppet master because I think it's good for us to know who's pulling the strings

Meet Edward Blum, the man behind the Harvard affirmative action case

Tldr Edward Blum has been going out of his way to recruit plaintiffs for these affirmative action cases for decades.
Yea my post wasn't personal, I only had to emphasize how complicit Asian people are in their alliance with white people in anti black actions and behavior because non black minority groups get away with too much slick shyt

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Ma’am I am in no position to debate your truth. I’m sincerely happy for all that you’ve achieved based on merit. My point is that when given the choice schools will select legacy and/or wealthier white candidates over better black candidates and meritocracy. Over the last 50 years AA was loosely enforced but still was a benefit to many black students. In this post AA environment, things will get worse. Just look at Californias educational stats by race since AA was abolished.
I don't disagree with you. I'm pointing out that, before affirmative action, bp were being admitted to top, PWI schools. WEB Dubois went to Harvard.

These schools want charismatic, smart ados students (and are slightly disappointed with non ados black kids for this same reason, but we wont go there). We make a place 'pop.' They will continue to seek out and fete our top students, the same way they did me. I was getting flewed out like a thot. :skip:

My hope is that those not- quite- top- tier students are forced to enrich the hbcu pipeline vs that of 2nd tier pwi's.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Yea my post wasn't personal, I only had to emphasize how complicit Asian people are in their alliance with white people in anti black actions and behavior because non black minority groups get away with too much slick shy

I feel you. I guess me calling them pawns made it seem like I was absolving the plaintiffs. They're still on some snake shyt

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I don't disagree with you. I'm pointing out that, before affirmative action, bp were being admitted to top, PWI schools. WEB Dubois went to Harvard.

These schools want charismatic, smart ados students (and are slightly disappointed with non ados black kids for this same reason, but we wont go there). We make a place 'pop.' They will continue to seek out and fete our top students, the same way they did me. I was getting flewed out like a thot. :skip:

My hope is that those not- quite- top- tier students are forced to enrich the hbcu pipeline vs that of 2nd tier pwi's.

In those times FBAs weren't dealing with Asians and othe immigrants trying to tear them down. The dynamics are different now.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
..Ivy League schools have the infrastructure needed to support world class research...we bring in 62.5% in indirects on federal projects
This is a fact. Astronauts were teaching 1st yr courses at my school.

I majored in ancient Greek history and several of my profs participated in the research for the 2004 Olympics in Athens.