The Supreme Court decisions on Affirmative Action and student loans are set to drop today at 10 am.(Edit: Affirmative action struck down 6-3)

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Just look at California schools that ended affirmative action 25 years ago. It’s no secret how this plays out. Don’t vote friends.
:francis:
I got a cousin who graduated from cal tech. Dude said there were only 10 black students at his graduqtijg class. Most of them weren't even "black". 3 had Jewish dads, 3 were students from germany.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Correct me if I'm wrong here...but I don't see this as a bad thing....now HBCUs can get the best of the best. Thus we should be focus in additional funding. You got HBCUs now focused more on Medicine/Healthcare fields, Engineering and still some HBCUs turn out alot of Black lawyers..this may have a silver lining in it.

Daps
:russ:
That’s not how this thing works breh.
So are you saying black students with good grades, and good test scores, and extra curricular activities are purposely going to get tossed aside for white students with lower grades, and lower test scores if race isn’t checked off on applications?

Daps
How do you think it will play out?

Affirmative Action is gone in public and private schools:

Black Americans will have to wake up and do better culturally and politically.

this primarily affects white women, who are the main benefit of AA

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I think a lot of people suggesting schools will use 'indirect' ways to incorporate race in the future are in for a rude awakening.

This is now the interpretation of federal law. A GOP president could use the Justice Department to file charges against schools that they claim use any kind of benefit for Black folks--even as far as using warrants to uncover info. Once this happens to a couple of schools, the rest will back down out of fear.

What do you think of this conservative woman's interpretation that this opens the door for lineage based affirmative action?

I'm skeptical.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
It'll hurt us a little bit but the big loser.......ASIANS.

They think getting rid of 20 Black and Latino kids opens up slots for them :russ: .

NOPE! Now schools will use family income which still favors us OR.....they will increase legacy admissions which favors white people.

So Asians played themselves.
Damn facts I ain't think about it that way

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Nah. They were just useful willing pawns. Blum and the republicans have been plotting this for years.

Like someone posted before, cac women have been eating off AA for years. Sure your old school rush limp dikk cacs have always wanted it gone. But white men have never cared that much about college, esp middle America/South. The Asians have been crying for the last 15 plus years and they are the ones who brought the Harvard lawsuit

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Correct me if I'm wrong here...but I don't see this as a bad thing....now HBCUs can get the best of the best. Thus we should be focus in additional funding. You got HBCUs now focused more on Medicine/Healthcare fields, Engineering and still some HBCUs turn out alot of Black lawyers..this may have a silver lining in it.
So in essence, HBCUs will still be educating the very best of our people to go to school to get a good job and not to solve our problems, at a high cost at that with very little return until maybe the age of 50....