The Supreme Court decisions on Affirmative Action and student loans are set to drop today at 10 am.(Edit: Affirmative action struck down 6-3)

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
What happened is fukked up and it will definitely affect us negatively for the time being. A silver lining may be though at least when it comes to education, that more black students will choose to go to HBCU’s over PWI’s which will strengthen the bonds we have with each other and hopefully that leads to strengthening our communities in the long run.

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC (but PGH will forever be home)
It's easy to try to lay this at the feet of Asians but this has been in the works / architected for decades by Republicans

Eh I get what you are saying-

But lets be honest. White folk have been complaining about AA since most of us have been born.

But it didn't really gain any traction until recently, when a vocal group of "POC's" (:mjlol: ) began to complain. And that vocal group has predominately been Asian.

I think you are in NYC also- remember how hard they were protesting over High School admissions? I cant recall ANY Caucasians leading that charge.

Someone already mentioned it but its worth repeating- these other races are far more dangerous to black folk because they have ZERO empathy to our history.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
So it'll be even more cacs and asians in these schools:mjlol:
Does not even matter anymore in 2023. There is many other paths for Black people to take than to go to college in this day in age, and even then they can just pick one of the HBCUs. You don't need to go these one of these ivy league schools, nobody cares about that shyt anymore except old fukks.

The real effect is how this decision will trickle down into the workplace, and I feel they will target DEI next which I feel is way more important.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
At least Trump is against the ruling. #Trumpset #Magacountry #Trump2024

Last edited:

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
Appoint more federal judges, possibly pack the courts, ...
Its precisely because Trump was elected that AA and Roe v Wade is gone in the first place.
Let me echo this. There is a huge chance that there is another vacancy on the supreme court in the next four years, several justices are in the 70s including thomas and alito, if biden wins re election it would be him replacing any open seats and for sure he will appoint someone who is going to be favorable to black peoples civil rights and civil liberties , at the very least in comparison to the GOP alternative, thats the blunt truth. if you are black and are eligible to vote you have no excuse not to, these bigots are fighting tooth and nail to destroy black peoples civil rights and liberties

GatorStaceyAdams

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC (but PGH will forever be home)
Does not even matter anymore in 2023. There is many other paths for Black people to take than to go to college in this day in age, and even then they can just pick one of the HBCUs. You don't need to go these one of these ivy league schools, nobody cares about that shyt anymore except old fukks.

The real effect is how this decision will trickle down into the workplace, and I feel they will target DEI next which I feel is way more important.

C'mon breh, you cannot be serious. :mjlol:

A brotha who went to Harvard will have innumerous opportunities compared to his counterpart who went to Hampton.

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
C'mon breh, you cannot be serious. :mjlol:

A brotha who went to Harvard will have innumerous opportunities compared to his counterpart who went to Hampton.
Top tier black students are still going to get into the top schools if they choose.

Problem will be for regular students trying to get into those institutions.

Obviously, networking at Harvard isn't the same as networking at Hampton.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Bottom line is, white admission goes up, black and latino admission goes down. Asian admission rates remains to be seen. Also white women are getting sent back to the kitchen to play housewife to their mediocre husbands with this one.
White men want that, but they're not gonna get that.