The Supreme Court decisions on Affirmative Action and student loans are set to drop today at 10 am.(Edit: Affirmative action struck down 6-3)

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
U
Obama wanted RBG gone years ago, but she refused to step down. And then she wanted to be there to swear in Hillary, and look how that played out.

Then on death's door, she hoped that she wouldn't have her seat replaced until after a new president was elected. What happened a month after she died? :francis:
They definitely don't at all. That's why the conservatives have been able to pull the rug out from under them all these years. They have this misguided belief about hope and faith in the institution when it has shown to be anything but that. That's why they get played when it comes to all that bipartisan stuff the Rs all fall in line accordingly and will vote for whats in their best interests and that alone. These new justices have been essentially cultured to be put in place in courts around the country for cases just like this. To keep power over there for as long as they possibly can.

Daps
So this all started because Asian kids couldn't get into elite schools? So they falsely blame black people for 'taking their spot' at these schools? That's ridiculous.

Black people make up a miniscule percentage at these schools as it is. My guess is that these Asian kids aren't getting in because they're boring. No personality, no story, no social life, no after-school activities/hobbies, no clubs, etc. It would make sense for these Ivy league schools to instead invest in more well-rounded people.
That is not how the Assault on AA started. This goes back all the way to 1978, anyone trying to blame Asians for this simply lack the knowledge of how long the right wing has been working to backtrack this ruling

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
A lot of universities "lean left" sure but if it's in a red state, all these decisions on funding come from the Governor and state legislature and the GOP will force them to bow down.

Again that's why Black Americans need to control State Supreme courts, congress, and governorships.

We could expand the guaranteed admissions programs like you see in Texas with the top 10%

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Obama wanted RBG gone years ago, but she refused to step down. And then she wanted to be there to swear in Hillary, and look how that played out.

Then on death's door, she hoped that she wouldn't have her seat replaced until after a new president was elected. What happened a month after she died? :francis:

Look at Garlands nominaton....a centrist and the repubs did some fukkery even with that. And what did the dems do? they played along with the republicans and waited until after the 2016 election because they thought they had it in the bag.

The republicans play dirty while dems on their "when they go low we go high" mentality :francis:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm guessing you are a lawyer, how will this impact minority contracting and employment?

Or is that a separate issue?

Surprisingly, I'm not a lawyer. My pops teaching me at a young age to to know my rights lead to me having a pretty healthy interest in law, policy, and politics.

However, I think minority contracting and employment are a separate issue, primarily because the country has largely insulated companies from anyone taking legal issue with hiring practices outside of ones that are especially egregious.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of universities "lean left" sure but if it's in a red state, all these decisions on funding come from the Governor and state legislature and the GOP will force them to bow down.

Exactly. Not much a college can do if state legislature dictates what is or isn't legally considered a violation of this ruling. ESPECIALLY when they're getting state funding.

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
That’s not what he said

You’re not informed either

You can’t make someone retire. She was asked to step down by Obama btw
well inform me on how her not retiring before dying and giving repubs the chance to shift the power dynamic in the supreme court doesnt make her a dumbass. please all knowing crimson tider save me from ignorance.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
well inform me on how her not retiring before dying and giving repubs the chance to shift the power dynamic in the supreme court doesnt make her a dumbass. please all knowing crimson tider save me from ignorance.
My point was he was criticizing the Dems for not playing the long game when that wasn’t what happened

His post was to criticize the Dems and give props to the republicans

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's easy to try to lay this at the feet of Asians but this has been in the works / architected for decades by Republicans

True. Solely blaming Asian people is the intended outcome here, since ultimately, the real issue, in that colleges skewing disproportionately is feature instead of a bug, goes unaddressed.

But if we're being completely honest, that venn diagram between Asian folks and republicans has a whole lot more overlap than people think.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California