The Supreme Court decisions on Affirmative Action and student loans are set to drop today at 10 am.(Edit: Affirmative action struck down 6-3)

Daps
Or the realization that racist people are on admission boards too. There are far more Black people that can get into HBCUs than PWIs.

Be Black and be proud. But don't be blind to the world around you.
1. Majority of HBCU's rely on state funding.
2. I literally attended any HBCU
3. You still sound fukking naive
4. Your framing is literally shyt white supremacists say because the implication is that we're too stupid to attend PWI's (I also attended a PWI as well) but you do you.

Don't bother responding, I'm in no mood to argue with you galaxy brain morons today.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
but both sides though.
clarence thomas and the rest
of you c00ns should be murdered
in front of your loved ones.
you stupid mutha fukkas think the
music youve always heard is for a party
but they have always been war drums.
wake the fukk up.
vHgYOwi.gif

UKVu0t8.gif
@alpo and his father Clarence Thomas are some c00ns

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I understand what affirmative action is on a surface level but don't totally understand how this will change institutions who want to do the right thing
So private companies like Google, Amazon etc can still have Diversity recruiting pipelines there is just no pressure on them to do so
And private universities like Harvard can still carve out space for black students under the guise of admitting "balanced candidates" by evaluating an array of factors in the application

Whether or not institutions continue to do that is another thing but theoretically "affirmative action" can still continue without the federal mandate (?)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They already do. Look at all those Cali schools that aren’t allowed to use AA for admissions. There was just a huge Reddit thread of a bunch of asian kids bytching about a Latino kid getting into all the schools he applied for while some of the Asians were rejected.

That kid had to wake up at 4am everyday to work at his dads construction site and full time during the summer to help his family, all of which he put in his essay.

These essays matter more than the SAT at this point at some schools. Colleges have realized that you can’t create or uphold a culture with a bunch of classwork obsessed robots who have never encountered hardship walking around campus.
True but I hope that situation becomes morethe norm than the robot applicant

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
no self respecting black person can sanely support a republican from their policies down to their judges they appoint everything is set out to limit freedom and the civil liberties of minorities/non whites.

That's because their supporters either have no shame or self-respect, aren't black, aren't sane, or a combination of the 3

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
There's a reason they put a minority face on it, so folks like us who properly see this shyt for what it is can't say anything about racism. fukk that this is all on white people. Full stop
Just because they're "minorities " doesn't mean they can't be racist towards black people :dahell:
Those asians who wanted this gone are racist, just like those white people. The Hispanics and latinos who wanted this gone are racist, just like those white people. It's everyone against black people, we're all we have.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I understand what affirmative action is on a surface level but don't totally understand how this will change institutions who want to do the right thing
So private companies like Google, Amazon etc can still have Diversity recruiting pipelines there is just no pressure on them to do so
And private universities like Harvard can still carve out space for black students under the guise of admitting "balanced candidates" by evaluating an array of factors in the application

Whether or not institutions continue to do that is another thing but theoretically "affirmative action" can still continue without the federal mandate (?)

It’s still up to the university so you need to make sure you sell yourself regardless and that goes for any school whether HBCU or PWI. I’d take a well rounded applicant over a robot kid anyday

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
The dems just don't play the long game well. RBG was damn near 90 when she died in Office. You know what a republican gonna do if he gets elected into office? retire ol ass clarence thomas so they can replace him with another conservative.

Obama wanted RBG gone years ago, but she refused to step down. And then she wanted to be there to swear in Hillary, and look how that played out.

Then on death's door, she hoped that she wouldn't have her seat replaced until after a new president was elected. What happened a month after she died? :francis:

Daps
Asian guy on CNN right now saying if colleges really wanted diversity, they would eliminate legacy admissions, but instead they punish Asians.

He’s right.

:manny:

He’s also mentioning that most of the black Harvard students are children of immigrants.

:manny:

I don’t expect them to sit back, and accept that. They’re advocating on their behalf, and we should be advocating on our behalf.