The Supreme Court decisions on Affirmative Action and student loans are set to drop today at 10 am.(Edit: Affirmative action struck down 6-3)

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
The issue is black folks fight harder to be aligned with other groups than ourselves

We can't act like it's just these other ethnic groups latching on when plenty of black folks begged them to get on the boat. I still hear "black and brown" in 2023:francis:

No we don’t :mjlol:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Historic laws are being reversed because republicans stole a Supreme Court justice selection after an election where many democrats stayed home. So why shouldn't we stay home again."

???

The logic not working breh. You should vote to ensure a democrat president and a democrat senate picks the next Supreme Court justices, if nothing else. Allowing a republican president to replace Clarence Thomas with another right winger is an unacceptable outcome. It should also be noted that Chief Justice Roberts has a long history of seizures so while he isn't that old, it's a real possibility that he will be replaced within the next 4-5 years as well. I would say the possibility of getting a 5-4 liberal majority on the court is worth voting for.

He can place more judges in the lower courts.

Essential points being made here. Lower court appointments count. Cases can get cut off by lower court results, or precedent can be set that the higher courts decide to follow.

And when a case gets run up the ladder to the Supreme Court, it's pretty clear that we need a better mix of justices than we currently have.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Daps
You have 20K+ posts so you seem to be doing pretty good
giphy.gif

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I mean Biden is in office and AA was still struck down, what will another 4 years of Democrat do? Ain't the point of voting Democrat is to keep things in our favor? Roe v. Wade, AA gone, Student Loans still need to be paid back.

Things could be far worse with the GOP, but still.
Why do you think the court voted the way it did...?

King Poetic

Yeah I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California

Affirmative Action Has Helped White Women More Than Anyone​

While people of color, individually and as groups, have been helped by affirmative action in the subsequent years, data and studies suggest women — white women in particular — have benefited disproportionately. According to one study, in 1995, 6 million women, the majority of whom were white, had jobs they wouldn’t have otherwise held but for affirmative action.

:sas1: Same group of women who ran to the polls for trump

College enrollment was already down overall and the shyt about to get worse