The Sun is 400 times larger than the Moon, but also 400 times farther away than the Moon from Earth

Benefited

Banned
Daps
The sun supposedly is 27,000,000° F. Y'all really think the sun is as close as the moon?

If its closer it wouldnt need to be as hot as they claim.Im guessing that calculation is how hot the sun would need to be to warm the earth at 27 million miles away.Didnt they just tell yall the moon wasnt as far as they thought:gucci:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
I've actually used a real telescope when I took astronomy in college to look at planets and that is definitely not how they looked.

We went out to the top of a mountain at night far away from any city. So viewing conditions were ideal. And all I saw when we looked at Mars (which is far closer than Jupiter allegedly is) was a blurry red dot. I couldn't make out anything that distinguished it from the stars outside of its color.

The pictures you posted don't look like anything I've seen with my eyes.
thats not what i saw.....

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If its closer it wouldnt need to be as hot as they claim.Im guessing that calculation is how hot the sun would need to be to warm the earth at 27 million miles away.Didnt they just tell yall the moon wasnt as far as they thought:gucci:
No, the calculation of the sun's heat is based completely on the physics necessary for the fusion reactions to take place along with the measurements we take of the types of electromagnetic radiation coming off of the sun.

The sun doesn't "need" to be a certain distance away to warm the Earth as the sun is not warming the Earth with heat but with EM radiation (ultraviolet, visible light, and infrared). The degree to which the Earth is heated is based on how much light/electromagnetic waves hit it, not based on feeling the actual heat.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
No, the calculation of the sun's heat is based completely on the physics necessary for the fusion reactions to take place along with the measurements we take of the types of electromagnetic radiation coming off of the sun.

The sun doesn't "need" to be a certain distance away to warm the Earth as the sun is not warming the Earth with heat but with EM radiation (ultraviolet, visible light, and infrared). The degree to which the Earth is heated is based on how much light/electromagnetic waves hit it, not based on feeling the actual heat.

Breh you arguing with someone who thinks the sun works like his oven as far as heat transfer millions of millions of miles away :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
All those figures are made up. Nobody knows how hot the Sun is.

How do you measure how hot the sun is if you can't get that close to measure?
One way is to study the sun's spectrum — that is, break up its light with a prism. A rainbow is a spectrum created when sunlight goes through raindrops, which act as little prisms. If we do this with a special device called a spectrograph, we can see that there are thin dark lines throughout the sun's spectrum. Scientists have examined the different elements on earth, so we are able to figure out what kind of gas, say hydrogen, gives rise to which dark lines. It turns out that every element has a unique set of dark lines, like fingerprints. We can use them to figure out what the sun and stars are made of. They also show us how hot the gases are.

Another way is to look at sunlight and measure how much light is in the blue part of the spectrum, in the yellow, in the red. The hotter something is, the more light it gives off in the blue compared to the red. All these methods show us that the sun's surface is about 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit!

I mean even if you don't think it's accurate. You really think these nikkas sitting around in an office throwing darts at random numbers like YEAH. That's how hot the sun is.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
You prolly saw what you wanted to see.

All I saw with a telescope was a blurry red dot.
explain how you can go from new zealand to chile in just 11 hours.
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzEwMS84NTMvb3JpZ2luYWwvZmxhdC1lYXJ0aC1tYXAuanBn

your map
360px-Antipodes_LAEA_inverted.png

real map