The Sun is 400 times larger than the Moon, but also 400 times farther away than the Moon from Earth

Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw P's Coat Hangers
Common sense should tell you conincidences like this don't happen. Instead use Occam's razor. The simplest explanation tends to be the most likely. And in this case the most simple explanation for why the Sun and Moon look the same size is because they are the same size. PERIOD.

*Sees skyscraper a few miles away*
*Puts finger in front of one eye til skyscraper is blocked by said finger*

My finger is bigger than a skyscraper.
Occam's Razor at work.

Checkmate, round-earthers.:jawalrus:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
What do you mean by "my GPS"? Do you mean a GPS device? If so then you're a liar. GPS devices do not fail in rural areas. Like I said, there are MILLIONS of hikers, backpackers, hunters, fishermen, boaters, etc. who can verify this. Entire industries rely on the fact that GPS works EVERYWHERE in the world. I've been using GPS devices for 20 years, they do NOT fail in rural areas unless the sky is blocked.

What I'm guessing you mean by "my GPS" isn't an actual GPS device but a maps program on your phone or car that happens to use a GPS placement which it then maps onto an internet-sourced map of the region. And it is that MAP that is failing you on occasion when you lose internet access. That's why people who actually need GPS use pre-loaded maps rather than relying on internet.

But again, the GPS always works no matter where in the world you are. Every single person who uses a GPS and isn't a total idiot knows that you are either lying right now, or really ignorant.
I'm not sure why you're attempting to argue me down on my own anecdotal evidence

MULTIPLE GPS devices of mine have failed in low cell coverage areas PERIOD

You're literally swinging at air

I don't care whether or not you believe me

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
you emotional hell..

got almost 1/4 of the comments in this thread, and damn near 1/4 of the comments in the other space-related thread made just this morning.. :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

speaking of..

I was @ed :manny:

I bring a lot of energy with me

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
No, you're the one who ignored me on everything. I posted a bunch of arguments to you and you ignored ALL of them. You claimed they'd already been answered in other threads (even though I've posted all those arguments before in previous threads and you've never replied to them then either). Then when I challenged you to show it, you ghosted and completely ignored my challenge.
Huh??

What specifically are you talking about?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Translation:

Logic has shut you up

Proof is proof

People did measurements of the globe well before photography existed

So even though you can't

understand

What they did, people from 1000 years ago could "walk outside" and prove globe earth

I'm not gonna argue about what color Santa is with you. So save all that yap yip yap.

Just wanted to dead the idea that a photo is needed. Since you don't have one either
"People" did measurements huh:mjpls:

If you're not one of these "people" then I suggest you fall all the way back to the background where you belong

You can defer to people you've never met about topics you can never prove if you want to

Some of us know better

Still haven't seen one real photo of earth from one of these telescopes in orbit, from your side:russell:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
breh.. this dude just posted this in reference to him believing the moon is see through..

this might be one of the funniest things ive seen posted on this site, and thats saying ALOT..
Funnier than a "photo" of earth with no stars or satellites in it?

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
"People" did measurements huh:mjpls:

If you're not one of these "people" then I suggest you fall all the way back to the background where you belong

You can defer to people you've never met about topics you can never prove if you want to

Some of us know better

Still haven't seen one real photo of earth from one of these telescopes in orbit, from your side:russell:

Hey genius

These measurements were made with sticks and shyt like that. Shadows.

In fact, any middle school kid worth his salt can do one for the Science Fair.

Here's the issue. You don't know enough to understand the process, so it wouldn't change your POV at all. But for those who DO understand math on a certain (middle school) level, its absolute proof

As well as, the official modern measurements match the ancient ones pretty closely

Still haven't seen one photo of flat earth, the dome, the tiny sun or the turtle that earth is on the shell of

Is the turtles shell the normal shape or is it flat, too?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Hey genius

These measurements were made with sticks and shyt like that. Shadows.

In fact, any middle school kid worth his salt can do one for the Science Fair.

Here's the issue. You don't know enough to understand the process, so it wouldn't change your POV at all. But for those who DO understand math on a certain (middle school) level, its absolute proof

As well as, the official modern measurements match the ancient ones pretty closely

Still haven't seen one photo of flat earth, the dome, the tiny sun or the turtle that earth is on the shell of

Is the turtles shell the normal shape or is it flat, too
?
The only thing that the "stick measurements" proved was that EITHER THE SUN OR THE EARTH moved in a circle around the other one PERIOD

It DID NOT prove that earth is a sphere smh

For the 1000th time, I minored in physics at GT so you should probably humble yourself before you continue to make embarrassing posts

@the underlined: the ancient measurements were gathered with the correct assumption that the earth is flat. The modern measurements were reverse engineered from the ancient ones

@the bold strawman: You're embarrassing yourself

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Dafunkdoc_Unlimited said:
Here are the conditions:

1. I will post evidence of the Sun moving at least 15 degrees/hr. across the Antarctic sky in-response to a claim that it has NOT been observed to do just that by @xCivicx in this post......

The Sun is 400 times larger than the Moon, but also 400 times farther away than the Moon from Earth

2. Once this evidence is posted and independently verified by general consensus of other posters on this site to be accurate, @xCivicx will take a permanent ban from this entire website. Not just this subforum.

3. If I cannot provide this evidence, then I will take a permanent ban from this entire site.

That's it.

giphy.gif

Mods haven't gotten back to me to verify the terms of this bet, but, since I'm now on 'Ignore' (according to that dude) I'll go on ahead and post the evidence and let the rest of y'all decide for yourselves. Here is a video of my claim of the Sun moving EXACTLY 15 degrees each hour across the Antarctic sky. I can say this is exactly 15 degrees since it revolves in a complete circle, 360 degrees, over a 24-hour time period and, due to math, 360 divided by 24 = 15......

Here is a link describing how, where, and when the video was made...

Kiwi filmmaker records 24 hours of daylight at Scott Base

Here is another link to another article describing the making of the video....

Antarctica timelapse captured permanent sunlight over 24 hours in summer | Daily Mail Online

Finally, here is a link to the Antarctic station where the video was made.....

Live webcams around Scott Base | Antarctica New Zealand

I throw this evidence to the rest of you posters on this site to decide for yourselves if I've proven my claim and disproven the claim of xCivicx who stated that such a thing is impossible.

@hustlemania , any word from the mods yet?

Last edited:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Mods haven't gotten back to me to verify the terms of this bet, but, since I'm now on 'Ignore' (according to that dude) I'll go on ahead and post the evidence and let the rest of y'all decide for yourselves. Here is a video of my claim of the Sun moving EXACTLY 15 degrees each hour across the Antarctic sky. I can say this is exactly 15 degrees since it revolves in a complete circle, 360 degrees, over a 24-hour time period and, due to math, 360 divided by 24 = 15......

Antarctica timelapse captured permanent sunlight over 24 hours in summer | Daily Mail Online

I throw this evidence to the rest of you posters on this site to decide for yourselves if I've proven my claim and disproven the claim of xCivicx who stated that such a thing is impossible.

:ehh: well damn

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
The only thing that the "stick measurements" proved was that EITHER THE SUN OR THE EARTH moved in a circle around the other one PERIOD

It DID NOT prove that earth is a sphere smh

For the 1000th time, I minored in physics at GT so you should probably humble yourself before you continue to make embarrassing posts

@the underlined: the ancient measurements were gathered with the correct assumption that the earth is flat. The modern measurements were reverse engineered from the ancient ones

@the bold strawman: You're embarrassing yourself

You seem to forget that you're dead ass wrong

Any insult I make about your intelligence was warranted when I first read your stupid ass posts like a year ago

So its all bonus points at this point

Did you share your theories with your engineering buddies? Are they in agreement with you?

Okay I'm done now. If you study engineering but stuff like retrograde motion of planets isn't super obvious proof then you don't understand science

If they gave your ass a degree you better praise Black Jesus every day. Cause you are FAILING at something

super easy

Okay. You're either a liar or the luckiest student in the world. But I will leave you to your flat earth

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

breh there already was a thread on this in TLR and @xCivicx handled it :mjlol::dead:

Let's say I don't believe the world is round. How can one prove the world is round to me?

Last edited:
Daps

i guess their not doing you guys ban bet.. :francis:

which makes the ban bet feature itself pointless, but oh well.. :ehh: