The Sun is 400 times larger than the Moon, but also 400 times farther away than the Moon from Earth

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Go ahead and say it so everyone can understand it...

You think you are more knowledgeable about the nature of reality than albert einstein?
Alberto einstein was an actor that stole the majority of his "ideas" from actually intelligent scientists

“Albert Einstein was once asked, 'How does it feel to be the smartest man alive?', he responded, 'I don't know, you'll have to ask Nikola Tesla.'” ... “Albert Einstein was once asked, 'How does it feel to be the smartest man alive?', he responded, 'I don't know, you'll have to ask Nikola Tesla.'”

The same Tesla that knew that general relativity was pseudoscience:francis:

In 1934, on the occasion of his 79th birthday, Tesla denounced relativity theory as "a beggar wrapped in purple whom ignorant people take for a king" and "a mass of error and deceptive ideas violently opposed to the teachings of great men of science of the past and even to common sense... the theory wraps all these errors and fallacies and clothes them in magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors.... its exponents are very brilliant men, but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists. Not a single one of the relativity propositions has been proved." (NYT, 7/11/1935, p. 23).

He also claimed in 1932 that he had detected particles from the Sun that "vastly exceeded the speed of light," which would be contrary to special relativity. (NYT, Letter to the Editor from Bergen Davis, Columbia University, 2/24/1932)

Both of these are relatively (pun) late in Tesla's life, and early in Einstein's own fame (Einstein's world fame took off in 1919, picked up again when he fled Germany in 1933, and then became gigantic after the atomic bombs in 1945)

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
This idiot said use your eyes, then proceeded to state planets aren't real, when you can simply see them in the sky with a low budget telescope. In fact with a mid range telescope you can see the rings of saturn and the red spot of jupiter.

''use your eyes'' :laff:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
When we fire a rocket into space where does it go? Would seeing Earth's curvature from the top of Everest convince you? And if not why not?

Are all pilots in on this scam? Including a friend of mine?
None of us have ever seen a rocket go into space

When they launch rockets, those rockets take hyperbolic paths that curve out of view

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Alberto einstein was an actor that stole the majority of his "ideas" from actually intelligent scientists

The same Tesla that knew that general relativity was pseudoscience:francis:
Albert succeeded Telsa. Much like the scientists before him, it takes a great deal of experiments before they drop their skepticism.

Einstein was ground breaking and his thoughts were UNconventional, it didn't sit right with many, but as time went on and more and more technology developed, Einstein was 100 years ahead of his time. Gravity waves are just now being detected yet he predicted them in the fukking 30s :mindblown:

Einstein was paying homage to his predecessors, as he should. Even if Newton would laugh at his theories due to ignorance.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikka use your god damn eyes instead of believing what these lying academics say. Our eyes tell us the Sun and Moon are the same size. The solar eclipse just a few years ago all over America was clear proof of that.

But go ahead and believe them when they say the Sun is really 400 times bigger than the Moon and the only reason they look the same size is cause its 400 times further away from us than the Moon. Just think about the odds of that being true? Its impossible.

The more rational view is to simply trust our senses which tell us the Sun and Moon are the same size rather than the fantastically wild scenario of the Sun being exactly the same distance away from the Earth as it is bigger than the Moon.

I can cover up the sun right now with my thumb :wow:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Bullshyt..the sun is way more than 400 times bigger than the Moon.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
You need to care what every mid-distance and longer flying pilot says.
Pilots have to constantly adjust for the curvature of the earth.
On a flat earth doing so would result in traveling in a (non-straight) curve.

image.axd

You read about physics so here you go: Geodesic - Wikipedia .
"In differential geometry, a geodesic (/ˌdʒiːəˈdɛsɪk, ˌdʒiːoʊ-, -ˈdiː-, -zɪk/[1][2]) is a curve representing in some sense the shortest path between two points in a surface, or more generally in a Riemannian manifold. It is a generalization of the notion of a "straight line" to a more general setting."

Similarly if you walk in a straight line at angle angle non-parallel to a line of longitude you eventually end up moving towards a pole. On a flat earth you would just walk off the edge. Pick any line of latitude and walk in a straight line east. You will eventually cross one of the bounding lines of latitude would would not happen on a flat surface.

As an aside (but while we are here) GPS only works if we compensate for the curvature of the earth (and relativity). On a flat earth this would not be required. That means that every programmer of GPS devices (the positioning code) has to be in on the scam as well right?

And also relative sizes of countries must also be lies. The current sizes map to a spheroid surface. Flatten that into a disk and the sizes change. You don't need to go to space to unearth the lie. Just measure landmass. This is the shape that would maintain current relative sizes (and shape).

Goode_homolosine_projection_SW-2.jpg

@xCivicx have you answered the above questionS yet?
Yes I have

Pilots dont adjust for curvature at all

Gyroscopes only keep you level with the ground. They cannot prove a 3 dimensional object

I go pretty in depth on airplanes in like 3 different flat earth threads

There are multiple reasons why planes dont really work on ball

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
There's evidence of the moon, going to the moon, and being on the moon.

Again, the study of the atomic realm is no different than the study of space. Anything you ask me to believe about the atomic realm is as believable as what any of us ask you to believe in space. You can't observe molecules, atoms, protons, electrons, or quasars directly. You need specialized visual equipment just like you do with the Moon, planets, sun, or stars.
There definitely is not any evidence of any of this

A purposefully low fi grainy 2nd 3rd hand black and white broadcast is not evidence

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
My bad if this has been addressed but...

If the earth is flat why did I fly out of LAX to Tokyo a while back and it was around 11 hours. On a flat earth map wouldn’t that flight take 3 times as long? Also if I use my phone with a gyroscope, I’m pretty sure it would say I’m traveling west.

I’m genuinely curious as to how a flat earth believer explains this.
How would flying on a flat plane take longer than flying on a curved one?

You have a gyroscope that's also a compass?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Looks like we gotta go back to this again:

Ways to tell that the Earth is round without needing to trust scientists:

1) Where do you think the sun goes when it appears and disappears? Over the edge of the Earth? If the Earth were flat, it would disappear at the same time for everyone. But you can call your friend in Chicago while you in LA, and you can KNOW the sun disappearing over the horizon at a different time for the two of you. That only possible if there's a curve to disappear around.

2) There's a horizon in the ocean - you can only see the sea level for 3 miles if you're standing on the shore or on a boat at ocean level. But when something like a large boat or high island is coming you can see it from further... and you see the top first. How the hell you see the top of the boat first if the Earth flat?

3) The higher something is, the further away you can see it. That is only possible if the Earth were round - if it were flat, then being higher wouldn't allow you to see it from any further unless there was something in the way. If the ocean flat, then nothing in the way. And this ain't an issue of your eyes - get yourself the most powerful telescope in the world, you still can't see past the horizon.

4) The horizon effect works the opposite way too - the higher up you go, the further you see. Get 300 feet off the ground, on a big building or a hill, you can see 20 miles now instead of just three. Get up in a mountain or on a plane, you see a hundred miles. Stand at the ocean in LA, you can't see Catalina. Stand up on a cliff, you see it much easier. HOW this possible if Earth ain't curved?

5) That "flat Earth map" is DEAD wrong for the entire Southern Hemisphere. All the distances are waaaay off, because a circle around the round Earth gets smaller and smaller closer to Antarctica, while the map has it getting bigger. Literally EVERY route that every plane and ship travels in the Southern Hemisphere is wrong on the flat earth map.

6) In fact, literally every pilot in existence has a daily experience of multiple principles of the Earth being round. So do most long-distance sailors. You're relying on a conspiracy involving ALL of them, tens of millions of people lying to you.

7) On top of that, there are 70 countries with space programs, 13 of which can launch, places as different as USA and Japan, China and Europe, India and Iran. Hundreds of thousands more people in the conspiracy?

8) Time zones. Only possible on a curved Earth.

9) Lunar eclipse. What the hell is that big round shape casting a shadow on the moon, if not the Earth?

10) There's like 10 science experiments you can do to prove a round Earth and even estimate the size, but if you don't believe all I just listed you can see with your eyes, then science experiments prolly beyond you.

You don't have to "trust the scientists" to figure out the Earth ain't flat. There a dozen ways to do it yourself if you think about it.

Last edited: