‘THE SUBSTANCE’ (Starring Demi Moore, Margaret Qualley) | Official Trailer | MUBI (9/20)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Just finished watching this.

1. Demi Moore's nipples are wild long. She looks good for 61. She can still get it.

2. Movie was dope as f*ck and had one of the most unique premises I've ever seen for a horror movie....for the first 90% of it.

The last 10% it went way the f*ck off the rails and I have no idea what they were ever attempting to do.

Make of this what you will.

Fred.
That 90% is the dopest and most memorable movie of the year though

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GZ24ibkWIAw8XoD
GZyA8oXWkAMM_TX

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So
Coli Consensus is this is a must watch?:lupe:
Going to look for a link

I'd say so yeah.

It kinda reminds me of "Sorry To Bother You" or whatever that movie was that Boots wrote. Even though it goes into some other sh*t in the last 10-15 minutes it's still a great movie.

And the directing/cinematography is top notch.

Fred.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I'd say so yeah.

It kinda reminds me of "Sorry To Bother You" or whatever that movie was that Boots wrote. Even though it goes into some other sh*t in the last 10-15 minutes it's still a great movie.

And the directing/cinematography is top notch.

Fred.

This is dope “feminist horror” that doesnt have yoh rolling your eyes every 5 seconds at preaching or the all men are evil shyt. It does a good job of balancing societal pressures IN ADDITION to how people themselves are fukked up and how their actions can impact actual genuine people.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I ain't gon hold you.

The one drawback despite how great the movie..

It felt too much like a Tales From the Crypt episode by the end. Still gets credit for even though it lost me a bit there were parts that still legit shocked me.
definitely inspired by tales from the crypt comic!