‘THE SUBSTANCE’ (Starring Demi Moore, Margaret Qualley) | Official Trailer | MUBI (9/20)

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Me too and I'm used to Yuzna henenlotter cronen etc
Yeah, that was...a lot. But I loved how much it swung for the fences during that back-half, whether the audience liked it or not, with absolutely no hand-holding whatsoever.

On another note — Despite this story portraying Sue as the “better” version of Elizabeth, I couldn’t help but find myself wanting more of Demi on-screen whenever it was Qualley’s turn. Swear I could hear the JBO wolves howling from a distance…

That body at 61 is :whew:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
So was that Margaret Qualleys real ass? That shyt was plump and bouncy. Def wasn't her real titties. Several ass shots and her twerking in the camera and smiling... shyt had me wiggling in my seat.

Anyway, this was almost a classic. Like others said, it jumps a little too much off the track by the end to the point where the message is nearly forgotten. Other than that, amazing. I loved the build up and the imagery. Story felt like Cinderella mixed with Carrie. You can't really say too much without giving the movie away. Basically a woman willing to trade it all away for an unrealistic self image put on her by society.

People saying it's "gross" or whatever it's like breh if you've seen any horror movie in the last year you'll be fine. Maybe I'm not a good judge because it could've gone way farther with the body horror imo. Def one of the best movies I've seen demi moore lead in.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a spiritual sequel to Malignant. Some str8 nut shyt going on in this last 40 minutes:mjgrin:
Don't even get my hope like that breh!! I'm catching the 7:50 showing tonight :blessed:

I might throw a chair due to excitement :krs:

malignant-chair.gif