The streets say Kyrie should be the finals mvp - UPDATE: Kevin Durant and other nba players agree.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Bro, please explain how a player leads BOTH TEAMS in EVERY statistical catagory, something that has NEVER been done in history is not the FMVP.

No shade I really want to know your reasoning?
For the Stat whores that don't watch the game, that is most definitely a compelling argument but everyone knows that pure statistics don't tell the entire story. Basketball is a game of runs. The players that can take over the game and set the tone of the match tend to be more valuable in my book that those players that simply pad stats for the record keepers (Not that i'm accusing Bron of doing so this series..) Anyway i personally feel Kyrie set the tone for the Cavs offense more often than not this series, especially game 7.

Overall this was clearly a great TEAM effort on the part of the Cavs, but i do believe Kyrie did more of the heavy lifting, especially when it came down to bailing them out on the offensive end. And those ebbs and flows of the game is something that the STATS dont tell you.

tone wone

That Dude!
Daps
Reppin
I'm quite confused at why you say "game 4" as if it wasn't a 7-game series.

Kyrie's Game 2 was absolutely hideous, if we're talking about single games.

Lebron played better on the offensive end for the series as a whole. He also played better on the offensive end for the wins in the series. He also played better on the offensive end in Game 7. He also played better on the offensive end in the 4th quarter of Game 7. He also played better on the offensive end in the last 6 minutes of Game 7.

Kyrie scored a lot of points, and some of those came at really opportune times (keeping the Cavs ahead in the first half of Game 3, sealing the win in the 4th quarter of game 5, keeping the Cavs in it in the first half of Game 7 and then hitting the go-ahead three with 53 seconds left). Lebron scored even more points, also often at very opportune times (putting away the first win in the 3rd quarter of Game 3, dominating the first three quarters to keep the Cavs ahead in Game 5, dominating all of Game 6, and putting up 13 in the final 15 minutes of Game 7, including 9 in the final 6 minutes).

If we were talking solely about point-scoring contribution, Lebron would edge Kyrie out as Finals MVP. If we're talking about creating shots for the rest of the team and offensive rebounding, then Lebron is suddenly MUCH more important on the offensive end. If you throw in defense, he's MVP by mile.
If scoring is your main contribution and someone outscores you while contributing more across the board what is your claim to FMVP? Dudes are just attracted to how Irving scores. They find it cuter than Lebrons scoring.

They cant answer that question about contributing more while outscoring Kyrie. As @Dr. Narcisse posted Brons defensive numbers in this series were incredible. This isn't to say Lebron's D was perfect but his combination of floor-coverage and rim protection was insane. He out Draymond'd Draymond.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
For the Stat whores that don't watch the game, that is most definitely a compelling argument but everyone knows that pure statistics don't tell the entire story. Basketball is a game of runs. The players that can take over the game and set the tone of the match tend to be more valuable in my book that those players that simply pad stats for the record keepers (Not that i'm accusing Bron of doing so this series..) Anyway i personally feel Kyrie set the tone for the Cavs offense more often than not this series, especially game 7.

Overall this was clearly a great TEAM effort on the part of the Cavs, but i do believe Kyrie did more of the heavy lifting, especially when it came down to bailing them out on the offensive end. And those ebbs and flows of the game is something that the STATS dont tell you.

I hate when n*ggas actually analyze the game and give well thought out reasoning when they could just post stats. :snoop:

Life is too short to be watching basketball games. All you gotta do is check the box story and itll tell you who did what.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
It's funny becuz when they won, I didn't really trip until muhfukkas started going out of there way to celebrate Bron Bron and not give Kyrie his props. Kyrie fukked shyt up in that 2nd half while Bron Bron was no where to be found. Kyrie clinched the game and the series. Hell Kevin Love was the one that got switched on to Curry and locked him up. If not for Kyrie in Game 5 these Africans would still be yelling that Bron Bron needs more help. Now that he has the ring tho, it was all Bron Bron. :rudy:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I hate when n*ggas actually analyze the game and give well thought out reasoning when they could just post stats. :snoop:

Life is too short to be watching basketball games. All you gotta do is check the box story and itll tell you who did what.
Dog....look at how Long it took for you to bring defense in this thread before you even discussed it.

You co signing all offense focused posts isn't a surprise

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Knew this would happen. LeBron stans completely forget when even they were calling Bron out for shameless statpadding in game 4. Now since he won the series it's "look at the stats". Kyrie a scoring was the biggest factor in the series aside from the Draymond suspension. I'm not saying Bron wasn't great but we expected him to be great. The thing that pushed them over the top was Kyrie sonning the unanimous 2x MVP. By the logic of giving Iggy MVP last year kyrie should've earned it 2x over. Kyrie was the one hitting all the timely buckets. Game 3 Kyrie was the one that opened that game up. Game 4 Kyrie was the one who came to play while Bron was passing the ball 2 feet from the rim. Etc. But I'll let y'all cook

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Knew this would happen. LeBron stans convo entry forget when even they were calling Bron out for shameless statpadding in game 4. Now since he won the series it's "look at the stats". Kyrie a scoring was the biggest factor in the series aside from the Draymond suspension. I'm not saying Bron wasn't great but we expected him to be great. The thing that pushed them over the top was Kyrie sonning the unanimous 2x MVP. By the logic of giving Iggy MVP last year kyrie should've earned it 2x over. Kyrie was the one hitting all the timely buckets. Game 3 Kyrie was the one that opened that game up. Game 4 Kyrie was the one who came to play while Bron was passing the ball 2 feet from the rim. Etc. But I'll let y'all cook
You confuse me. Beyond the stats, look at both sides of the court.

Kyrie is my favorite player to watch in the league. But no way did he have the overall impact Lebron had all over the court for an entire series

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil

kyrie owns game 5 and bron game 6
game 3 they both balled at different times.. kyrie started strong.. lebron finished it strong.. GSW got to like 7 points before lebron stomped..
game 7, both had small moments,

people talk about the kyrie 3 for the lead.. but prior lebron put up a big three to get the lead back putting pressure on GSW..

and the lbj freethrow is what put the game OUT OF REACH... even if they made the 3... it wouldnt tie but for them to foul to attempt another shot..

so lebron had 2 our of last 3 basket made and the game saving block... you guys wanna act like it was all kyrie

i think this mvp belongs to LBJ but i see kyrie winning one very soon

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It's funny becuz when they won, I didn't really trip until muhfukkas started going out of there way to celebrate Bron Bron and not give Kyrie his props. Kyrie fukked shyt up in that 2nd half while Bron Bron was no where to be found. Kyrie clinched the game and the series. Hell Kevin Love was the one that got switched on to Curry and locked him up. If not for Kyrie in Game 5 these Africans would still be yelling that Bron Bron needs more help. Now that he has the ring tho, it was all Bron Bron. :rudy:

2nd half
Kyrie 17 points (5 in the 4th)
LeBron 15 points (11 in the 4th) 6 assists (5 in the 3rd)

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
people talk about the kyrie 3 for the lead.. but prior lebron put up a big three to get the lead back putting pressure on GSW..

And prior to that Kyrie and JR Smith tied the game in the beginning of the 3rd qtr.

Look I get it. He had a triple double. But it was a bad triple double that involved 5 TOs. Whether people want to believe it or not, the Cavs were better with Kyrie on the floor that night.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I respect your 2012 booth poster of the year award :salute:

But that dont give you the authority to laugh at the opinion of a BASKETBALL mvp - kevin durant

Lebron was more consisent on defense @NYC Rebel i reward it just like i reward what kyrie provided

I said co mvp early in the thread and thats what i feel was most fair. You dont have to agree but you damn sure not changing my mind or kevin durants mind so youre wasting your time.

I really think this is a Shaq/Kobe like deal.

Shaq was most dominant. Kobe made the plays at the right time to extend the lead/takeover

:yeshrug:

Both deserve love (no pun) :troll:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
That 17 points cut the lead to 1 by the end of the 3rd qtr.
He scored 12 in the 3rd.
LeBron scored 4 points and 5 assists (2 were on 3's to JR)

They both did they thing breh.

If anybody it was JR who was the sparkplug. Kyrie opened up the lead. When GS got back in the game/lead...LeBron did what was needed in the 4th. Kyrie sealed it with the shot.