The streets say Kyrie should be the finals mvp - UPDATE: Kevin Durant and other nba players agree.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
But saying they were both crucial to the win and saying they should be co-MVP (without actually saying they had identical impact) is much different than the people here saying Kyrie was straight up better, and that every point, rebound, and assist from LeBron was inconsequential stat filler while every Kyrie action directly won the game :camby:

The people saying Kyrie should have won are people that love Kyrie and/or hate LeBron. LeBron was the unanimous MVP, but Kyrie had a great series too. He had a better series rhan a lot of previous finals MVPs.
Kyrie is my favorite NBA player to watch and I still ain't buying their bullshyt

NYC Rebel

Daps
When did i say ANY of that?

I said, and i quote, "lebron had a historically great series"

I make jokes about lebrons hair but when it comes to evaluating players im ALWAYS objective. Bron been in my top 10 all time list for like 5 years.
Why do you stay on this did I say that verbatim tip when it's clear to everyone that your situational framing of how things played out continously points in that direction? Either you agree with that's what you're doing or say you don't agree. If you don't, it's clear you would see why Bron won MVP but you're selective reasoning....smh

NYC Rebel

Daps
So, it seems NO ONE else saw Kyrie playing defense? Plucking Steph, blocking shots, knocking the ball out of bigs' hands?

Those plays were just as key as Lebron's chase-down-blocks.
No one sees his defense being to the degree and consistency Of Brons. Please stop making it a "not as important argument" when it's clearly a "not as consistent argument" in Brons favor that you're intentionally avoiding

Last edited:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why do you stay on this did I say that verbatim tip when it's clear to everyone that your situational framing of how things played out contnuiuslt points on that direction? Either you agree with that's what you're doing or say you don't agree. If you don't, it's clear you would see why Bron won MVP but you're selective reasoning....smh

Breh, stop.

@Bilz said "the kyrie should win mvp camp said that all of lebrons points, rebounds, assists were just stad padding"

I have said on numerous occasions that lebron had a historical series, so im pointing out that he was lying.

What are you even talking about? Your tactics wont work on me breh.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So, it seems NO ONE else saw Kyrie playing defense? Plucking Steph, blocking shots, knocking the ball out of bigs' hands?

Those plays were just as key as Lebron's chase-down-blocks.

Breh

You have dudes in here who have said "kyrie wasnt even guarding curry, he only guarded him on switches"

I dont think these dudes even watched the games to be honest

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
I thought it was popular opinion that they could of been co MVP, i was expecting NBA players to straight up say Kyrie was FMVP.
thread is a reach :mjlol:

NYC Rebel

Daps
Breh, stop.

@Bilz said "the kyrie should win mvp camp said that all of lebrons points, rebounds, assists were just stad padding"

I have said on numerous occasions that lebron had a historical series, so im pointing out that he was lying.

What are you even talking about? Your tactics wont work on me breh.
Saying he had a historical series is you saying he had a historical series. And? Your point about Kyrie being MVP is what we are discussing...and its routinely using flawed and Selective measures

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Saying he had a historical series is you saying he had a historical series. And? Your point about Kyrie being MVP is what we are discussing...and its routinely using flawed and Selective measures

:camby:

You one of the smartest dudes on here so i know that you know that youre full of sh*t right now. And you know you cant hustle me, im not these other n*ggas.

You can think im wrong, thats cool. Just because you disagree with what im saying doesnt mean in trolling

Youre all over the place with these logical fallacies.

NYC Rebel

Daps
:camby:

You one of the smartest dudes on here so i know that you know that youre full of sh*t right now. And you know you cant hustle me, im not these other n*ggas.

You can think im wrong, thats cool. Just because you disagree with what im saying doesnt mean in trolling

Youre all over the place with these logical fallacies.

I said what I said. No need to alter it. I think your criteria is selective. You hide behind "they're saying Kyrie didn't play defense" when the argument is that it wasn't as consistent as Lebrons. You refuse to challenge that argument, opting to hide behind "they're saying Kyrie didn't play d."

Look at your posts. That's exactly what you're doing.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I said what I said. No need to alter it. I think your criteria is selective. You hide behind "they're saying Kyrie didn't play defense" when the argument is that it wasn't as consistent as Lebrons. You refuse to challenge that argument, opting to hide behind "they're saying Kyrie didn't play d."

Look at your posts. That's exactly what you're doing.

Stop trolling

Whoa

Didnt say kyrie had lebrons impact on defense

Lebron made some soul crushing defensive stops

I said kyrie played solid defense on curry, but more importantly he got in his head and threw him off his game

This is all facts

Yall act like im trolling when all this sh*t is facts

Kyrie was clearly the guy most responsible for stephs poor performance

How yall deny this is :mindblown:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
No one sees his defense being to the degree and consistency Of Brons. Please stop making it a "not as important argument" when it's clearly a "not as consistent argument" in Brons favor that you're intentionally avoiding

But Lebron wasn't consistently playing defense though. Who was he even guarding? He didn't guard Klay and he never guarded Steph. He was on Harrison Barnes, Iggy, and Draymon went off with Lebron "guarding" him. So all you really have for defense are the chase-down blocks in games 5 and 6. At least Kyrie was on Steph. They didn't even use Dellavedova in like the last 4 games.

NYC Rebel

Daps
But Lebron wasn't consistently playing defense though. Who was he even guarding? He didn't guard Klay and he never guarded Steph. He was on Harrison Barnes, Iggy, and Draymon went off with Lebron "guarding" him. So all you really have for defense are the chase-down blocks in games 5 and 6. At least Kyrie was on Steph. They didn't even use Dellavedova in like the last 4 games.
Lebron consistently played better defense than Kyrie. We both know this yet you refuse to acknowledge it and worst of all, dont want to see Bron rewarded for it. The Warriors themselves said they sought to attack Kyrie which they did until Lue made adjustments. No such thing done towards Lebron but here you are marginalizing Lebrons play to even the MVP floor you want to create for Kyrie.

shyt is see through.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Stop trolling
Nope. We long past that angle when everyone with two eyes saw that the Cavs team defense did more on Curry, switching than simply Kyrie covering him.

We long past that. Bottomline, you won't argue who was more consistent a defensive player between the two and definitely feel it shouldn't be rewarded

Last edited:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: At "Co-MVP"

There's One life. One Love. So there can only be ONE King:gladbron:

I respect your 2012 booth poster of the year award :salute:

But that dont give you the authority to laugh at the opinion of a BASKETBALL mvp - kevin durant

Lebron was more consisent on defense @NYC Rebel i reward it just like i reward what kyrie provided

I said co mvp early in the thread and thats what i feel was most fair. You dont have to agree but you damn sure not changing my mind or kevin durants mind so youre wasting your time.