The streets say Kyrie should be the finals mvp - UPDATE: Kevin Durant and other nba players agree.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Of course breh.

I never knocked anyone for saying lebron deserved mvp, im addressing the guys who are on some "its impossible for someone to think kyrie had a comparable impact to lebron" type sh*t.

These d*ck heads assume you have to have an agenda to think kyrie had an impact that was on the same level as lebron, then i post quotes from 2 players who are personal friends of lebron (durant and mike miller) and theyre saying the same thing i said.

I respect everyones opinion, but im not gonna let a guy who gets paid to do spreadsheets pretend that their opinions carry more weight than an actual nba player.

Look at the quote below.

So mike miller and durant are mad curry didnt win mvp?
But saying they were both crucial to the win and saying they should be co-MVP (without actually saying they had identical impact) is much different than the people here saying Kyrie was straight up better, and that every point, rebound, and assist from LeBron was inconsequential stat filler while every Kyrie action directly won the game :camby:

The people saying Kyrie should have won are people that love Kyrie and/or hate LeBron. LeBron was the unanimous MVP, but Kyrie had a great series too. He had a better series rhan a lot of previous finals MVPs.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But saying they were both crucial to the win and saying they should be co-MVP (without actually saying they had identical impact) is much different than the people here saying Kyrie was straight up better, and that every point, rebound, and assist from LeBron was inconsequential stat filler while every Kyrie action directly won the game :camby:

The people saying Kyrie should have won are people that love Kyrie and/or hate LeBron. LeBron was the unanimous MVP, but Kyrie had a great series too. He had a better series rhan a lot of previous finals MVPs.

When did i say ANY of that?

I said, and i quote, "lebron had a historically great series"

I make jokes about lebrons hair but when it comes to evaluating players im ALWAYS objective. Bron been in my top 10 all time list for like 5 years.

WOAHMYGOODNESS

Your TSC World Champion
Daps
I agree onlynif scortie pippen during Jordan's 6 titles got co mvp
And kobe after shaq first 3
And jason terry after dirk won one

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
:dwillhuh:

Those 3 games were elimination games dumbass. That's another reason what made this Finals performance so historical

It is similar to if Kobe did the same thing in 2008 instead of blowing a 24 point lead at home and getting blown out by 40 :mjlol:

What does this have anythin to do wit what I said? SMFH .. U tryin way too hard

Daps
Of course you do. You thought Curry should've won FMVP last year. :dead:
Because he was their best and most important player. The fact you don't think there's an argument there despite him being their best offensive player by a considerable margin speaks volumes.

:manny:

Daps
:dead: at dude bringing up how folk don't understand the "intricacies" of the game when he thinks Rondo is the best PG in the league.

p00rky

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco/Tokyo
Ive said co mvp on here multiple times. Both were epic.

Regardless, yall boys on here acting like it was a huge gap between the two guys, then you see an actual nba superstar who knows the game say they were at the same level.

Take it up with durant lil man

He knows the game, hes not like you box score whores.
lol did you seriously call me lil man? Pathetic

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Except he wasn't though breh. If you came away from the likes of G4 and came to the conclusion that LeBron was better than Irving on the offensive end - there's no reason for us to continue this discussion.

:manny:

I'm quite confused at why you say "game 4" as if it wasn't a 7-game series.

Kyrie's Game 2 was absolutely hideous, if we're talking about single games.

Lebron played better on the offensive end for the series as a whole. He also played better on the offensive end for the wins in the series. He also played better on the offensive end in Game 7. He also played better on the offensive end in the 4th quarter of Game 7. He also played better on the offensive end in the last 6 minutes of Game 7.

Kyrie scored a lot of points, and some of those came at really opportune times (keeping the Cavs ahead in the first half of Game 3, sealing the win in the 4th quarter of game 5, keeping the Cavs in it in the first half of Game 7 and then hitting the go-ahead three with 53 seconds left). Lebron scored even more points, also often at very opportune times (putting away the first win in the 3rd quarter of Game 3, dominating the first three quarters to keep the Cavs ahead in Game 5, dominating all of Game 6, and putting up 13 in the final 15 minutes of Game 7, including 9 in the final 6 minutes).

If we were talking solely about point-scoring contribution, Lebron would edge Kyrie out as Finals MVP. If we're talking about creating shots for the rest of the team and offensive rebounding, then Lebron is suddenly MUCH more important on the offensive end. If you throw in defense, he's MVP by mile.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Um

On the planet where the guy is turning the unanimous mvp into a role player while carrying the scoring load in critical games

You literally just saw iggy win a finals mvp for his defense on lebron

Kyrie was dropping 30-40 while rendering steph useless

Its like yall not even watching the game

Again....if steph plays like steph then this series is over in 5 games tops. Kyrie is the reason steph looked like chucky atkins.
you gotta be trolling bro