The streets say Kyrie should be the finals mvp - UPDATE: Kevin Durant and other nba players agree.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Opponents' shooting against LeBron in Games 5, 6, and 7 in the Finals

Overall: 2.7/12.7, 21.1%, opponents usually shoot 47.9%, -26.8

Threes: .7/5, 13.3%, opponents usually shoot 40.4%; -27%

Twos: 2/7.7, 26.1%, opponents usually shoot 53.3%, -27.2%

Less than 6 ft: 1/5, 20%, opponents usually shoot 62.4%, -42.4%

Less than 10 ft: 1.3/6, 22.2%, opponents usually shoot 57.3%; -35.1%

Greater than 15 ft: 1/6.3, 15.8%; opponents usually shoot 40.5%; -24.7%

Look at those numbers. So, not only did James average 36/12/10/3/3 on 51%/42%/73% splits over the final three games, but he also completely shut down scoring from whomever he was guarding.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Once in a lifetime

:obama:

Bron deserved finals MVP. People trying to give Kyrie all the credit for being a contributor.

:mjlol:

Destroy the first unanimous mvp in history and be described as a "contributor", brehs

N*gga tristan thompson is a "contributor"

how does a nikka lead both teams in points, rebounds, assists,steals and blocks and not deserve finals mvp? :stopitslime:

how?

Please refer to kevin durant and kevin loves comments

kuts

All Star
Daps

Destroy the first unanimous mvp in history and be described as a "contributor", brehs

N*gga tristan thompson is a "contributor"

Please refer to kevin durant and kevin loves comments

Oh come on now. Everyone was going at Curry. The unanimous MVP was either injured or just choked. I'll take back the contributor label bc Irving did his thing, but LeBron was the clear MVP. Even in Irvings best game LeBron matched him for points breh.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Oh come on now. Everyone was going at Curry. The unanimous MVP was either injured or just choked. I'll take back the contributor label bc Irving did his thing, but LeBron was the clear MVP. Even in Irvings best game LeBron matched him for points breh.

Respect

Breh im not knocking yall for saying lebron deserved mvp

Im just proving that you can think kyrie deserved it and not be trolling/hating. Thats why i keep referring to mike miller and durant.

Im not saying my opinion is the right one, im just saying its a real opinion and not some hating sh*t.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
:dwillhuh:

Kyrie played great from game 3 to game 7.

He deserves some major props but lets not get carried away here brehs. :whoa:

The only bad game Lebron had was game 4.
He only had a "bad" game 4 because he wasn't aggressive enough in the second half and didn't live up to "best player of his generation" status. You can't just dismiss what he did do in that game calling it all "stat-padding" like posters here are doing. People talk about how well Kyrie played in game 4 as if he played perfectly. He played well in stretches but his hero-ball in the second half pretty much shot them out of the game. It was Lebron's fault for not asserting himself and taking the ball out of Kyrie's hands.

This thread is sad because it exposes how stupid people are. It's classic divide and conquer. Big up Kyrie to shot on Lebron. You actually have people saying that Kyrie was just as important to the team for that series as Lebron:snoop:. If you truly believe that then you're an idiot who doesn't really understand the game. All Kyrie was asked to do in the series was score. He wasn't even asked to perform normal point guard duties and run the team, Lebron did that for him. Lebron was the main scorer, the main facilitator, the main defensive presence, and the vocal/emotional leader of the team. It's not even debatable as to who was the mvp. Saying that Kyrie deserved to be co-mvp is a disrespect to Lebron and common sense for that matter.

kuts

All Star
Daps
Respect

Breh im not knocking yall for saying lebron deserved mvp

Im just proving that you can think kyrie deserved it and not be trolling/hating. Thats why i keep referring to mike miller and durant.

Im not saying my opinion is the right one, im just saying its a real opinion and not some hating sh*t.

I hear you breh. I'm just having a hard time believing anyone can honestly say that Kyrie deserved it over LeBron when the numbers and the impact on both ends are in LeBron's favor. Especially in this unanimous MVP climate we've created

:lolbron:

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
I don't agree with everything he posted but he had valid points that mirror mine. :manny:
Of course you do. You thought Curry should've won FMVP last year. :dead:

LeBron was by far and large the best player in the series & it wasn't close. No player in NBA history could handle the amount of workload he had to take on. Kyrie was just asked to score & be aggressive.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You actually have people saying that Kyrie was just as important to the team for that series as Lebron:snoop:. If you truly believe that then you're an idiot who doesn't really understand the game.

Word?

Lets look at the tale of the tape

Mike miller
  • nba player
  • Rookie of the year
  • Nba champ
Kevin Durant
  • Nba player
  • Perennial all star
  • Mvp
  • First ballot hall of famer
  • One of the best scorers of all time
Gravity aka doeboy
  • Unathletic
  • Broke
  • Stupid
  • Failure
  • Going on the 15th year of his unpaid internship as a Professional jay z deep throater
Kevin Durant and mike miller - "kyrie and lebron were equally important"

Doeboy - "anyone who thinks kyrie was as important as lebron doesnt know the game"

Only on the coli can a n*gga who has failed in every aspect of life claim to know the game better than kevin durant.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
LeBron's defense in the finals was so underrated. He was so intimidating in the paint the likes of Curry & Klay were too shook to attack the rim & kept settling from long range. :wow:

@Draje This man never won a DPOY breh. :scust:

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Are nikkas acting like Lebron wasn't also Cleveland's best playmaker in these finals too? Or that in a game that was decided by a couple of possessions to deny Lebron's rebounding impact?

They don't care about any of that because its beyond their comprehension.. All they see is "buckets".. Its typical casual fan analysis.. People that don't understand the intricacies of the game view everything that happens in the context of video games.. It simplifies things for them...Like @NYC Rebel said its below Basketball For Dummies level discourse...

And that's not taking anything away from Kyrie.. He was great.. LeBron was just greater... Historically great...There is no denying this...Period..

Applaud both of them and move on..The book has been written and closed..

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They don't care about any of that because its beyond their comprehension.. All they see is "buckets".. Its typical casual fan analysis.. People that don't understand the intricacies of the game view everything that happens in the context of video games.. It simplifies things for them...Like @NYC Rebel said its below Basketball For Dummies level discourse...

And that's not taking anything away from Kyrie.. He was great.. LeBron was just greater... Historically great...There is no denying this...Period..

Applaud both of them and move on..The book has been written and closed..

Do you know the intricacies of the game better than kevin durant and mike miller?

I know you coach, but :mjlol:

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's not even an argument here. Kyrie played great. But if you lead both teams in every major statistical category then you have to win it, end of discussion :rudy:

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Do you know the intricacies of the game better than kevin durant and mike miller?

I know you coach, but :mjlol:
They aren't saying the same thing you are or making any of the same arguments..

You are saying Kyrie>LeBron

They are saying Kyrie=LeBron

Which I disagree with but still is a somewhat reasonable argument...