The streets say Kyrie should be the finals mvp - UPDATE: Kevin Durant and other nba players agree.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
LeBron's defense was wildly inconsistent throughout that series (particularly in the first half of the Finals) - not to mention Kyrie was one of the most active players on defense when chasing around Curry and other perimeter players - contributing to their subpar production (1.2 miles on defense per game - second best per minute out activity behind J.R. in the series) - it wasn't like Kyrie was resting on defense or taking regular possessions off. He was working hard.

LeBron's play didn't allow Kyrie to play in his element as a scorer - that was all Kyrie.
Kyrie was attacked early in the series until Lue hid him and the Cavs rotations on curry got better. Now you manufacture Kyrie keeping up with him and Bron d being inconsistent to level your MVP argument :snoop:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
we need to stop looking at just stats. nobody here can say lebron's game 4 was anything short of terrible. period. it was horrendous. he was passive as fukk and pretty much left kyrie to fend for himself out there....then you look at the stat sheet and bron had 25 pts, 13 rebs, 9 asts, 3 blks, and 2 stls. that's when you realize it's never as simple as just looking at the boxscore....watch the game....look at the impact he had. from stats alone, lebron had a remarkable performance. but from actually WATCHING the game, you know that shyt is a lie. when dudes like zach randolph, kevin love, and hassan put up crazy numbers people say they're empty....but when we suggest the same about lebron his stans go crazy. be consistent.

this isn't to say lebron's numbers are always empty....but in this series, there were some games where his stats were definitely misleading. and game 4 is the perfect example. lebron will ALWAYS have greatest statlines....it doesn't necessarily mean he had the greatest impact though. and in this series, kyrie's IMPACT was just as great as lebron's, if not greater. he should have got the co-mvp at the very least. I don't see how anybody can honestly say kyrie wasn't the best player in games 5 & 7. it's just not possible.

These nikkas are deliberately having amnesia as if they weren't complaining about Lebron's empty ass stats and little impact for the first 4 games. Hell they were even complaining in game 7 up until the block and Kyrie's GW.

But now stats are the be all and end all.....the agenda is real. :laugh:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
These nikkas are deliberately having amnesia as if they weren't complaining about Lebron's empty ass stats and little impact for the first 4 games. Hell they were even complaining in game 7 up until the block and Kyries GW.

But now stats are the be all and end all.....the agenda is real. :laugh:

These nikkas dont watch the game. And if they watch the game, they still aint watching. Lebron had an amazing series. But Kyrie impacted the game more to me. I see a Kobe-Shaq dynamic happening. Not them splitting up but, people automatically assuming the better player is carrying him because of stats when game film shows the young gun is putting in major work. Kyrie looked like the best PG in the league out there when Steph supposed to be the mvp.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Still Waiting for someone from the coli with more credentials than kevin durant to refute something

"Bu bu bu, durant is a scorer, what does he know about steals and blocks. Of course he thinks kyrie is mvp. Durant dont know sh*t" -

Source: random clumsy coli poster who trips over the ft line

"Durant is mad that he doesnt have a finals mvp so he made that comment out of spite"

Source:- random bum off the coli who has to left his leg up to dribble in between his legs

"Durant watched the game but he obviously didnt check the stats. If he checked the stats he'd realize lebron had the most steals and blocks and he would retract his statement" -

source: random coli poster whose biggest athletic accomplishment is outscoring their grandpa on the supershot basketball game at chuck e cheese

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
LeBron's defense was wildly inconsistent (particularly in the first half of the Finals) - not to mention Kyrie was one of the most active players on defense when chasing around Curry and other perimeter players - contributing to their subpar production (1.2 miles on defense per game - second best per minute activity behind J.R. in the series) - it wasn't like Kyrie was resting on defense or taking regular possessions off.

LeBron's play didn't allow Kyrie to play in his element as a scorer - that was all Kyrie. LeBron actually benefited from Kyrie's play more than the other way around.

Im convinced these dudes didn't watch the games

Some of these clowns are talking about "they hid kyrie from curry. Kyrie only guarded him when he was forced to after a screen"

:dead:

Daps
Kyrie was attacked early in the series until Lue hid him and the Cavs rotations on curry got better.
He was getting attacked by bigger wing players on occasion which was completely overblown and wasn't reflective of the Cavs' struggles on defense as a whole. I did a review of Kyrie's defense during the first half of the series and when going over the tape - LeBron was guilty of more defensive mistakes than Kyrie was.
Now you manufacture Kyrie keeping up with him and Bron d being inconsistent to level your MVP argument :snoop:
He most definitely didn't have the overall impact on defense that LeBron did (I don't think that even needs to be mentioned), but he was most certainly an important factor on that end. For the record, I do think LeBron had the best argument for FMVP in the end, if only marginally. In this context though, I think far too much emphasis is being placed on what the Cavs did on defense (crediting what LeBron did - Thompson was actually their best and most consistent defender) when the Warriors played a huge part in their own demise; choking in the remaining three games on open and makeable shots, and it was in fact the Cavs' offense which put them in the best position of winning.

Last edited:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Every time Lebron scored: :yeshrug:

Every time Kyrie scored:

birdie-reaction-1-o.gif

birdie-reaction-2-o.gif

f5oslLF.gif

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
He was getting attacked by bigger wing players on occasion which was completely overblown and wasn't reflective of the Cavs' struggles on defense as a whole. I did a review of Kyrie's defense during the first half of the series and when going over the tape - LeBron was guilty of more defensive mistakes than Kyrie was.

Gil, I'm begging you, please, apply yourself to something meaningful.

Reviewing the tape of the defensive plays of mediocre defensive players who didn't get a single vote for FMVP so that you can then post the results of your review on The Coli is not the way to win at life.

He most definitely didn't have the overall impact on defense that LeBron did (I don't think that even needs to be mentioned), but he was most certainly an important factor on that end. For the record, I do think LeBron had the best argument for FMVP in the end, if only marginally. In this context though, I think far too much emphasis is being placed on what the Cavs did on defense (crediting what LeBron did - Thompson was actually their best and most consistent defender) when the Warriors played a huge part in their own demise; choking in the remaining three games on open and makeable shots, and it was in fact the Cavs' offense which put them in the best position of winning.

Warriors definitely played a big part in their own demise.

But Lebron was the better player on both ends all series long, and it wasn't even close.

Lebron was a better scorer (marginally), a better shot creator, and a better offensive rebounder on defense.

Lebron was exposed less in one-on-one matches, had a bigger impact defensively off-the-ball, and was a better defensive rebounder on defense.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are nikkas acting like Lebron wasn't also Cleveland's best playmaker in these finals too? Or that in a game that was decided by a couple of possessions to deny Lebron's rebounding impact?

These things matter in these kind of drag it out games even if you wanna make the argument that Kyrie's points matter more but Lebron was pretty much the most overall impactful player on the court. Facilitating the offense and such.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
This kyrie for finals mvp campaign must be some sort of subliminal push for Kobe to be recognized as MVP when shaq was killing everyone. I can't think of any other explanation.
Thread was made by houston and seems to be mostly Kobestans trying to push this hilarious shyt, so I think you're on to something. Its two-fer for Kobe groupies: minimalize the legendary shyt Bron just did, and prop up shoot-first sidekicks in general.