The Steam Universe is Expanding in 2014 (steambox?)

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
I don't see the point in this stream box for the people that already have powerful game PCs. I don't see the point for any of this for any of the long time fans of stream that have been about that stream life. :scusthov:

Kodie

Pro
Daps
If I could invest in Valve, I would. Heavily.
I don't see the point in this stream box for the people that already have powerful game PCs. I don't see the point for any of this for any of the long time fans of stream that have been about that stream life. :scusthov:
Steam or Stream?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm still quite befuddled about this "SteamOS". On one end, it's basically a linux distro made for mostly gaming. Now what I want to know is how good will this OS be when running a game compared to the same game running on Windows?? If this is indeed something made for the living room experience, I assume this will have to be virtually hassle free with none of the problems that PC gamers are usually beleaguered with such as games crashing, dodgy performance, games not booting up, etc.

If they can combine the ease and simplicity of console gaming with the benefits of PC gaming into one "OS" so to speak than I'm interested. I hate how sometimes a game comes out on PC and I'm stuck "fixing" the game versus playing it most of time. I want this thing to be a fast light OS that I boot up to, choose my game and crank settings up/down with hardly any issues.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I'm still quite befuddled about this "SteamOS". On one end, it's basically a linux distro made for mostly gaming. Now what I want to know is how good will this OS be when running a game compared to the same game running on Windows?? If this is indeed something made for the living room experience, I assume this will have to be virtually hassle free with none of the problems that PC gamers are usually beleaguered with such as games crashing, dodgy performance, games not booting up, etc.

If they can combine the ease and simplicity of console gaming with the benefits of PC gaming into one "OS" so to speak than I'm interested. I hate how sometimes a game comes out on PC and I'm stuck "fixing" the game versus playing it most of time. I want this thing to be a fast light OS that I boot up to, choose my game and crank settings up/down with hardly any issues.
you console players exaggerate with these fixing games problem, with the exception of GTA IV, which game did you spend more time fixing rather than playing? :comeon:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you console players exaggerate with these fixing games problem, with the exception of GTA IV, which game did you spend more time fixing rather than playing? :comeon:
bioshock infinite's microstuttering and screen tearing, crisis 1 doesn't even work anymore even after doing the fix for 64bit win8, sleeping dogs micro stuttering which I gave up on and a few more games I can't bring to mind but my point is even though I understand and can fix these things I prefer not to. sometimes windows is the culprit so even if the game is fine, having to deal with an OS that can act up randomly can turn someone off of Pc gaming.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
BYNy9F8.gif

:dead:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
bioshock infinite's microstuttering and screen tearing, crisis 1 doesn't even work anymore even after doing the fix for 64bit win8, sleeping dogs micro stuttering which I gave up on and a few more games I can't bring to mind but my point is even though I understand and can fix these things I prefer not to. sometimes windows is the culprit so even if the game is fine, having to deal with an OS that can act up randomly can turn someone off of Pc gaming.
yeah, why do you accept the shytty conditions on the consoles when they cant be fixed though? 99% of the time the games on the PC look much better than either console and I never hear a peep from people on consoles about slowdown or other things you hear on the PC.

GTA V has some considerable slow down that would get blasted on the PC, but glossed over and just keep playing on the consoles. I'm talking some parts of GTA V that feel about 20 fps :huhldup:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
um breh I been gaming on PC for a while now lol. I only deal with console limitations if the game isn't available elsewhere. besides that the console games work as intended.
yeah, why do you accept the shytty conditions on the consoles when they cant be fixed though? 99% of the time the games on the PC look much better than either console and I never hear a peep from people on consoles about slowdown or other things you hear on the PC.

GTA V has some considerable slow down that would get blasted on the PC, but glossed over and just keep playing on the consoles. I'm talking some parts of GTA V that feel about 20 fps :huhldup:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
um breh I been gaming on PC for a while now lol. I only deal with console limitations if the game isn't available elsewhere. besides that the console games work as intended.
that's fine, I just never hear people bytch about inferior versions that they are paying more to play.

that's the difference

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
that's fine, I just never hear people bytch about inferior versions that they are paying more to play.

that's the difference
they don't know what to complain about. "lag" and "these graphics wack yo " are the most you'll hear from uninformed console gamers.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Nah, I don't like this idea of a steam OS. Stop fragmenting the shyt (pretty soon my old games won't play well with steam OS and the new ones will only play on steam os).

Also, doing this living room thing is a step back. As a multimonitor gamer, I don't like this shyt one bit.

I can already plug my PC into my TV via HDMI if I want to and use an xbox 360 controller. I don't need a fukking steambox os pos bs fukk shyt to do that:camby:\

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

Does the microstuttering have more to do with the game or your video card/graphics settings :usure: