"The South fukked up Hip Hop's sound"

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
Ain’t nobody tell NY to copy the South’s sound in the first place, they could’ve kept doing their own thing but did they? Nope.

Mafukas got tired of being talked to.
:manny:

All jokes aside, People just wanted to hear different. Everyone gets a turn.

NY had a turn
West had a turn
Texas had a turn
Midwest had a turn

Its just our turn
:manny:

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
Nikkas bring up D4L and soulja boy. A group and a 16 year old kid.

Some yall nikkas pathetic tbh.

Tip?
Malice and push?
Jody breeze?
Outkast
Wayne
Luda
Little brother,
Witchdoctor and goodie mob
Scarface
Zro
8ball and mjg
Max minelli

Even Foxx from trill be spitting

And i just counted off a couple nikkas

But stunt like we aint have nikkas spitting flames

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
The dipset gunit/50 cewnt influence was bigger than anything in the south in the 2000's
get rich or die trying was bigger than anything from the south during that time period

Dipset even influenced how hip hop dressed

Neither of these changed the sonics of hiphop. In fact, you can follow the path of sonic innovation of the southern hiphop sound with the path of sonic innovation in EDM/Electronica in the UK. The UK pretty much stopped being influenced by NYC hiphop (classic boom bap)--->trip hop by early to the mid 90's and then you can follow mid 90's southern- timbaland bounce style R&B-HipHop to UK garage/2-step all the way up to modern Grime with it's obvious Trap influence.

ReynoldsRetro: 2step garage

Welcome back, Portishead

UK stopped being influenced by NYV hiphop because it stopped innovating new sounds. Even Drake and the OVO-Toronto sound is heavily based on southern style feel and production.

Noah 40 Shebib Interview on Take Care by Drake

Benefited

Banned
Daps
oprah.gif

Neither sounds sonically like eminem. kendrick is more andre 3000 than he is Eminem

:mjlol:

drake and kanye both pull from southern sonics

I guess nikkas forgot Kirk Kobangz existed:francis:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
50 even said on GRODT"im a new yorker but i sound Southern".....words out his own mouth. He def used some south style delivery on some songs.

"Even them country boys say 50...we feelin u mane"

Exactly,50 was one of the first mumble rappers:pachaha:
Maybe not on purpose,but in terms of what demographics he was trying to reach,the man was a genius and knew exactly what he was doing.
He knew signing with Eminem would get him the west coast,and knew he could get the south with the bounce too.

Nikkas bring up D4L and soulja boy. A group and a 16 year old kid.

Some yall nikkas pathetic tbh.

Tip?
Malice and push?
Jody breeze?
Outkast
Wayne
Luda
Little brother,
Witchdoctor and goodie mob
Scarface
Zro
8ball and mjg
Max minelli

Even Foxx from trill be spitting

And i just counted off a couple nikkas

But stunt like we aint have nikkas spitting flames

Exactly,forgot about Webbie and Young Dro too. Webbie being a big fan of west coast hiphop,Young Dro being a fan of east coast hiphop.
Your supposed to listen to artist from other regions,thats what the best rappers/artist seem to do. They can understand the importance of everything from the sound to the lyrics. Nobody told everyone else to bite Jeezys wave and essence as strong as it was.Jeezy actually stunted the growth of the south more than anything. I don't want to hear shyt about the early 2000's New York sound which has aged horribly and needed to be blown up. Really,Timbaland,Swizz Beatz,Pharell,Heatmakers is the sounds folks is upset about the south destroying:mjlol:?That shyt needed to be dismantled and blown the hell up:martin:

Whoever has the biggest and best producers will always run the rap game. These east coast nikkas need to get in the studio and create they own new sound instead of trying to steal drill and trap sounds,or trying to recapture old 90's boom bap:snoop:

But everybody wants to be a star,where as southern cats are cool playing background and getting their money producing.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Bullshyt

So Goodie Mob, UGK, Outkast, 8Ball n MJG, Trick Daddy, Scarface, Hot Boys, Juvenile werent going gold and platinum consistently

West coast had their peak from 90-95 with NWA, Chronic, Doggy Style n Death Row. They were falling off towards end of the 90s.

Not only that, a lot of West Coast artists was fuccing with Southern artists at that time.
Everybody was on the same page except the Northeast.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I was just in my old hood yesterday evening, "the streets" aint really into this weirdo rap stuff that's winning out here too heavy, it's the internet. Before, in rap, you had to be solidified in the hood first, to then ring off on a big scale, but now the internet dictates what's hot. Weird times.

I do miss the aspect of hip hop artists having to grind and have a local following before blowing up. Many current artists still went that route, but a lot of these folks just come out of nowhere. People in their own city never even heard of them.

THIS

this is was the ultimate final death blow to hip-hop.

these nerds on here don't want to hear it tho.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
With the exception of Outkast / Goodie Mobb / Dungeon Family / 3 6 Mafia/ Timbaland /

BeatsbythePound / 8Ball & MJG / Trick Daddy/ Mannie Fresh / Curren$y / Big Krit / UGK/ T.I. / Rick Ross / J.Cole / Little Brother /9th Wonder/, tho:usure::lupe:

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
juvenile was not on hovs level in the late nineties
The late nineties is literally how jayz became jay z. Look at his career and look at theirs:stopitslime:

Master p wasnt bigger than them either

no diss, but the problem here is that you were too far stuck in the new York bubble.

when you initially came in here listing big punisher, that pretty much said it all.

off-topic, this website needs a server update or something.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
i also love how "90's hip hop purists" love to paint this false narrative that HIP HOP was always about multis...deep subject matter and complex rhyme schemes

everybody in the east coast wasn't "spitting hot fiyah" like G. Rap...Wutang...Kane....Lord Finesse etc.

we had a LOT of SIMPLE NON LYRICAL RAPPERS in the MECCA OF HIP HOP

its been a misguided uninformed theme

that the south is solely responsible for dumbing things down and simplifying it

bullshyt......rapping started out as a simplistic artform and continued that way for a long time throughout the 80s

Greg Nice straight outta the Bronx New York use to say some of the most IGNANT lines in rap...but it was still DOPE... cause it was PARTY MUSIC just like the music that's celebrated coming out of ATL and MIA for the most part

"dizzie gillipsie plays the SAX" :why:

redbone booties im out to wax!!!" :lolbron:

B fats....Bizmarkie..Flava Flav.....the Fatboys..JVC Force...Just Ice were just a few of the many out of NYC that were considered NON LYRICISTS :umad:

in fact i didn't recall hip hop getting COMPLEX as the norm till the 90s.......cats like Rakim ..LL and Kane and G rap in the 80s were considered rare anamolies

Thats why they were so celebrated...

RAH DIGGA is way off point here and just cant accept the fact that she wasn't able to adapt once the epicenter of the culture shifted to ATL and the south

which was club based party music based on the fact that is the busines model the industry was running with because now FEMALES had become the dominant taste makers in the game...

RAH DIGGA was unable to adapt even though she tried yet she failed :manny: