Veteran
Daps
drake himself be tapping into those southern sonics

autotune and talkbox aren't the same

lupe and kendrick don't sound like eminem sonically speaking

singing rappers predates even jarule

You're not even negating what I said

Autotune and Talkbox are the same principle, come on breh :mjlol:

Kendrick and Lupe both say Eminem one of their greatest influences. It isn't your opinion. You can google it if you want

Obviously singer rappers predate Ja Rule. Thats why I said MODERN. Kids these days only know of Ja Rule and Drake for who influenced them

Drake is a well known Kanye stan, like I said it isn't your opinion, you can google as well

Daps
I don't think everything needed to be boom-bap, but the south, with the exception of a few artists/groups, certainly didn't concern themselves with maintaining the standard of 'skilled MCing' set by the east coast. I don't think 'being nice' mean as much in any other part of the country as it did on the east coast.

The south used rap purely as a hustle.

The problem with that is, because of rap's influence, being simple-minded AND ignorant as fukk became cool. Entertainers are trend setters, ESPECIALLY in our community, and especially rappers.

And someone up above hit it on the nail: I've heard soooo many people dismiss rappers with skill. 'We don't give a fukk about that bullshyt!'

I'm proud to say I've never had a friend or even a close associate who didn't appreciate lyricism. I don't think it's a reach to say, there is a connection between that, and every single one of my friends and associates being regarded by the people that know them as highly intelligent.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At a certain point, you gotta admit that you're old and what you like ain't what the streets are feeling.

I was just in my old hood yesterday evening, "the streets" aint really into this weirdo rap stuff that's winning out here too heavy, it's the internet. Before, in rap, you had to be solidified in the hood first, to then ring off on a big scale, but now the internet dictates what's hot. Weird times.

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
I was just in my old hood yesterday evening, "the streets" aint really into this weirdo rap stuff that's winning out here too heavy, it's the internet. Before, in rap, you had to be solidified in the hood first, to then ring off on a big scale, but now the internet dictates what's hot. Weird times.

I do miss the aspect of hip hop artists having to grind and have a local following before blowing up. Many current artists still went that route, but a lot of these folks just come out of nowhere. People in their own city never even heard of them.

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
:pachaha: by getting shot in the mouth*
Not just the way he sound. He was using southern slang in his shyt. Shouting out southern themes and shyt. He was very New York but he was new-New York for the time that knew what was going on outside of the city. Pre get rich or die trying.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
You're not even negating what I said

Autotune and Talkbox are the same principle, come on breh :mjlol:

oprah.gif

Kendrick and Lupe both say Eminem one of their greatest influences. It isn't your opinion. You can google it if you want

Neither sounds sonically like eminem. kendrick is more andre 3000 than he is Eminem

Obviously singer rappers predate Ja Rule. Thats why I said MODERN. Kids these days only know of Ja Rule and Drake for who influenced them

:mjlol:

Drake is a well known Kanye stan, like I said it isn't your opinion, you can google as well

drake and kanye both pull from southern sonics

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Not just the way he sound. He was using southern slang in his shyt. Shouting out southern themes and shyt. He was very New York but he was new-New York for the time that knew what was going on outside of the city. Pre get rich or die trying.
so when he referencea the west.coast does that make him a west.coast artist¿

the best artist from all regions are never local jokers they cover the whole map