The Sopranos Series - Re-Watch (Spoilers!!!)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
That sequence is masterful, for all it's themes, but the reliability and human nature it showed, for both.

Tony was angry about the counseling and Carmella, in the moment. Also, sure the Noah thing. But, in the moment, it's the marriage counseling he just walked out of.

We all do this. Catch me on a day where I am feeling good, relatively speaking, and I am courteous, polite, gracious. But, if I am already irritated, I could easily snap for some small or perceived offense, some nerdy guy at a taco stand the other day said "Hey I think he's in line", and I kind of snapped "What, you think I'm going to cut him? If he's in line, he will get his spot", but the way I said it was pretty much like don't fukking talk to me. I said cut with a really condescending tone lol --it was actually kind of funny, BUT

Tony did that with the cop, and when he retaliated against him. Then he felt bad/guilty because part of him KNEW he was just tripping. just like I did. Yeah, you can justify it, you can spin it, but I didn't need to act like that, even if the guy was being a little annoying. Tony knew better, just like I do, but he couldn't admit that to himself, or anyone, so he just let it stand.
Tony literally started the convo off with a lighthearted joke and trying to deescalate the situation the entire first minute.

The cop came up acting like birdman at the breakfast club, Then Tony matched his energy.

Silkk

Daps
@re'up I get what you’re saying though. But I think it was moreso the cop taking out his frustration in the situation. Dude was miserable and had a scowl on his face every time we saw him. Mad at the world type shyt.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
@re'up I get what you’re saying though. But I think it was moreso the cop taking out his frustration in the situation. Dude was miserable and had a scowl on his face every time we saw him. Mad at the world type shyt.

Tony, like Majors, takes almost no accountability, seems unable to in fact, his first reaction to Carm is

It's a fukking speed trap (subtext: it wasn't my fault, they trapped me or tricked me)

Then, to the cop, it's a joke, "my foot was heavy new shoes" (the subtext is, this isn't a big deal to me)

Then, it's to undermine his authority, I think I had dinner with your boss, subtext: you aren't important to me, or your boss

Tony's a gangster. That's how he thinks. And like my little story, I can be the same. Like I was telling the guy, the subtext is I don't give a fukk what you think, you aren't going to check me no matter what. So shut the fukk up.

The cop is by the book. His role DEMANDS that people take accountability. He is there to enforce that. Tony doesn't respect his authority. Because Tony doesn't respect authority. But, he also just irritated in general.

what he doesn't say, what Tony almost never says, is that's on me. My fault. I know I fukked up. It's a hard thing to master. Most people, even if they aren't gangsters, have a hard time with that accountability. It took ME a lot of work to get there.

Silkk

Daps
Tony, like Majors, takes almost no accountability, seems unable to in fact, his first reaction to Carm is

It's a fukking speed trap (subtext: it wasn't my fault, they trapped me or tricked me)

Then, to the cop, it's a joke, "my foot was heavy new shoes" (the subtext is, this isn't a big deal to me)

Then, it's to undermine his authority, I think I had dinner with your boss, subtext: you aren't important to me, or your boss

Tony's a gangster. That's how he thinks. And like my little story, I can be the same. Like I was telling the guy, the subtext is I don't give a fukk what you think, you aren't going to check me no matter what. So shut the fukk up.

The cop is by the book. His role DEMANDS that people take accountability. He is there to enforce that. Tony doesn't respect his authority. Because Tony doesn't respect authority. But, he also just irritated in general.

what he doesn't say, what Tony almost never says, is that's on me. My fault. I know I fukked up. It's a hard thing to master. Most people, even if they aren't gangsters, have a hard time with that accountability. It took ME a lot of work to get there.
“I think I had dinner with your boss” was a warning to show him tony had connections above him

We see it all the time when cops pull over other cops, judges, lawyers, etc.

He pushed it and got what he had coming. If this was real life it would have went like this

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
“I think I had dinner with your boss” was a warning to show him tony had connections above him

We see it all the time when cops pull over other cops, judges, lawyers, etc.

He pushed it and got what he had coming. If this was real life it would have went like this

That is kind of my whole point. Tony demeaned him, pulled rank on him, and acted like an a$$hole. The cop is the cop. If Tony says nothing just hands over his stuff, it's all over in 5 or 10 minutes. The cop obviously isn't going to win any personality accolades. He's a civil servant, just doing his bureaucratic thing. A cog in the machine. That's the whole point of the sequence.

Tony's disregard for any authority, and also knowing better and then not doing it, because he would be admitting he was wrong and petty. Which he is. And gets worse and worse as the series goes on.

Silkk

Daps
That is kind of my whole point. Tony demeaned him, pulled rank on him, and acted like an a$$hole. The cop is the cop. If Tony says nothing just hands over his stuff, it's all over in 5 or 10 minutes. The cop obviously isn't going to win any personality accolades. He's a civil servant, just doing his bureaucratic thing. A cog in the machine. That's the whole point of the sequence.

Tony's disregard for any authority, and also knowing better and then not doing it, because he would be admitting he was wrong and petty. Which he is. And gets worse and worse as the series goes on.
I’ve seen MFs demean cops. Tony didn’t do that at all.

Flex his authority? Sure. Play the cards you given. Cop pushed it and got what he was looking for :manny:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
I love how in the last season, he turned into a paranoid, depressed, environmentalist conspiracy theorist. And he would usually rant about things at the worst times, like when he talked about the FDA approving a virus spray that kills the same bacteria on meat, or at Bobby's funeral reception when he just rambles about everything and he makes Paulie look normal.

I feel like he was starting to become more frustrated with the life he was born into and the world as a whole, he just wasn't intelligent enough to express that.
AJ's character is just so brilliantly written (and acted). I love that he wasn't just the typical don's son that yearns to fill his dad's shoes. Instead, he was the embodiment of everything Tony hates about himself.

Silkk

Daps
Paulie really saw the Virgin Mary at bada bing :taxstone: That nikkaa degenerate
First time I saw that scene I was like

black-kid-scared.gif

:russ:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
im at the Isabella episode... :gucci:
What kind of storm trooper hitmen did they hire to kill this man
They could've made the botched attempt more realistic.
Tony was like magneto in that scene. That Tiny tears song is not bad tho

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im at the Isabella episode... :gucci:
What kind of storm trooper hitmen did they hire to kill this man
They could've made the botched attempt more realistic.
Tony was like magneto in that scene. That Tiny tears song is not bad tho

:mjlol: Some of the fight scenes could have been executed better. Feech beating up the gardener for one.