The Sopranos Series - Re-Watch (Spoilers!!!)

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whitecaps overrated as fukk

I didn't care for Tony's marriage problems

Used to not care about the family stuff when watching it in real time because I was in my 20s and early 30s and wanted to see the gangster shyt. When I hit my 40s is when I fully connected with all aspects of the show. Sopranos and Breaking Bad were created for me entering their 40s. You might not be a mafioso or drug dealer, but the family, work, friendship middle age pressures are familiar themes.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Rewatching the finale and Phil says to Butchie the same thing Tony says to Bobby before he goes over to and gets shot by Junior..."When I get back, we're gonna talk".

AJ's character is just so brilliantly written (and acted). I love that he wasn't just the typical don's son that yearns to fill his dad's shoes. Instead, he was the embodiment of everything Tony hates about himself.

You really see how fukked up Tony & Carmela's parenting was with how both kids turned out.

Used to not care about the family stuff when watching it in real time because I was in my 20s and early 30s and wanted to see the gangster shyt. When I hit my 40s is when I fully connected with all aspects of the show. Sopranos and Breaking Bad were created for me entering their 40s. You might not be a mafioso or drug dealer, but the family, work, friendship middle age pressures are familiar themes.

This is one of the reasons why the march towards the end of the series (especially seeing Uncle Jun) is depressing to me. You see just how meaningless it all became for a guy who didn't really work towards building anything that really mattered. All the GMB brehs are heading towards Uncle Junior at the facility.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
these scumbags gaslighted the fukk outta this poor guy. I always debate in my head who got it worse, him or Georgie at the Bing, but it's gotta be him. he was doing yards for free.

Sal, because he was a regular guy trying to do his job.

Georgie was sort of involved, he helped Chris move the body of the guy he killed in the pilot.

Carm would be hilariously condescending with her status signaling remarks

“Be careful with my lladro, I don’t want to even say how much it cost”

(No one says anything at all)

“$3,000!”

She destroys it later

Last edited:

MidwestD

Clyde Frog's Shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukkin crazy its been a quarter century since the pilot aired. A few thoughts:

The opening scene of Tone' and Chrissy chasing down and beating Mahaffey is straight comedy, you can
tell Tony loves his work early on. :russ: "HMO, you're covered, ya prick!"

Father Phil was played by a different person in the pilot :leon:

How did EVERYONE in town know about Uncle June's plan to hit p*ssy Malenga at Vesuvio? :wtf:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
fukkin crazy its been a quarter century since the pilot aired. A few thoughts:

The opening scene of Tone' and Chrissy chasing down and beating Mahaffey is straight comedy, you can
tell Tony loves his work early on. :russ: "HMO, you're covered, ya prick!"

Father Phil was played by a different person in the pilot :leon:

How did EVERYONE in town know about Uncle June's plan to hit p*ssy Malenga at Vesuvio? :wtf:
Theres a lot of inconsistencies in the pilot when compared to the rest of the show, but since it was the beginning and they were still working through the kinks,

a97e6312-7af7-4e9e-b3b2-4ee18cbf6391_text.gif

I dont even think Silvio was a made guy in the pilot, they ask what hes doing at Satriales, and hes shown as more of a strip club owner thats affiliated with Tony but not in the mafia (like Hesh)