The Sopranos Series - Re-Watch (Spoilers!!!)

Daps
forgot what season this was…I wanna say 2 cuz if I remember this was after he got shot…but this scene sums up why I loathe tony’s character even tho he is a well-written, realistic one…this scene perfectly captures just how small and insecure he truly is despite his power

This is one of my favorite scenes because it showcases Tony's intellect. He's a true leader and understands who and what he's leading and how the first sign of weakness can lead to the wolves trying to ease in so that somebody else can be top dog. Look at how he's looking even at how Paulie is dressed. Paulie was never there in his wife beater before. But he sensed weakness in Tony, they all did, and so they stopped toeing the line, not even on purpose. It wasn't a conscious decision for them. It was just their nature. And that's what Tony realized between this episode and the episode where Carmella told him that they weren't his friends, that they were afraid of him. At first that realization bothered him. But then he realized that them being scared of him was what kept them in line, and he decided to own it. This scene is him putting that fear back into them, letting them know that yes, he took an L but he's the same top dog apex predator that he always was. And everybody immediately gets back in line.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Doing this rewatch is answering a lot of questions for me. The varsity athlete thing was mentioned by Tony in the very first episode:mjlol:

Plus I didn't realize that the whole Pu55y Malinga thing was a throwback to the first episode either. I thought he was talking about p*ssy Bumbinsera :snoop: :mjlol:

I totally forgot there were two Pu55ys.

You’re going to see a ton of shyt you missed the first time

Daps
Reppin
Chi
@Neo The Resurrected ONE

If you haven’t seen the wire that’s #2 all time to me and arguments can be made it’s better than Sopranos.

You 100000% need to check Gomorrah on HBO, watch it with English subs w/ Italian language (no dubs). Show is incredible, super dark. It’s about The Camorra clans in Naples, where furio is from. Easily a top 5 all time show imho

ZeroZeroZero a iut global drug trade, Ndrangheta, Mexican cartels, and US shipping merchant family, and how they’re all intertwined w/ coke. Incredible show

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Did you like the movie?
I feel like I'm one of the few people on this forum that really liked the Saints movie. I believe I gave it a 8 out of 10 rating in the movie thread albeit with some criticisms but it did answer one big question for me...

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Michael B. Jordan is one of the kids chasing Tony in the flashback scene in “Down Neck”
Kids From Michael B. Jordan's High School Watching That Scene:
thats-corny-lame.gif

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
This is one of my favorite scenes because it showcases Tony's intellect. He's a true leader and understands who and what he's leading and how the first sign of weakness can lead to the wolves trying to ease in so that somebody else can be top dog. Look at how he's looking even at how Paulie is dressed. Paulie was never there in his wife beater before. But he sensed weakness in Tony, they all did, and so they stopped toeing the line, not even on purpose. It wasn't a conscious decision for them. It was just their nature. And that's what Tony realized between this episode and the episode where Carmella told him that they weren't his friends, that they were afraid of him. At first that realization bothered him. But then he realized that them being scared of him was what kept them in line, and he decided to own it. This scene is him putting that fear back into them, letting them know that yes, he took an L but he's the same top dog apex predator that he always was. And everybody immediately gets back in line.

The crew never fully respected him after learning he was going to therapy and trying to take out his mom. Add Junior treating him like a nephew and not a respected street boss...
So one thing that really surprised me... was Tony, big egotistical, can't take an L, Don Antonio... really let Bobby get away with beating his ass. And I know, he sent him to do that murder cause he knew that was something that he really didn't want to do. But still. I don't see Tony letting anybody else get away with that. Even Bobby knew he messed up and he thought Tony would kill him.

He realized Bobby was what he wanted Chris to be and sending him to take care of the ex was corrupting him and also seeing if he was fully committed to that life. After that, Bobby starts becoming his right hand man. When Bobby stepped up and became family (brother in law), Chris became expendable.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
So if Chris doesn't crash, he lives :jbhmm:

@DaylitoJames

@Neo The Resurrected ONE

The way I see it isn't all Chrissy's fault. Tony and the others always resented Chris when he actually was sober and doing good. They were insecure/jealous he was actually getting better with his drug issues. Tony seemed to be resentful of Chris whether he was fukked up on drugs or even when he was sober. They constantly gave Chris hell for his sobriety and would make fun of him. If Tony would have been more supportive of Chris maybe he wouldn't have relapsed.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
@DaylitoJames

@Neo The Resurrected ONE

The way I see it isn't all Chrissy's fault. Tony and the others always resented Chris when he actually was sober and doing good. They were insecure/jealous he was actually getting better with his drug issues. Tony seemed to be resentful of Chris whether he was fukked up on drugs or even when he was sober. They constantly gave Chris hell for his sobriety and would make fun of him. If Tony would have been more supportive of Chris maybe he wouldn't have relapsed.
True but Chris was still annoying with trying to be a high level mobster that didn't know his place and playing "away games" with his acting. With the lifestyle Chris is in you have to be all in with one or another but not both. Chris was never focus which would have led him getting killed sooner or later.

Then again I hated Christopher so I might be just bias with my opinions and views of him as a whole :yeshrug: