The Sopranos Series - Re-Watch (Spoilers!!!)

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

MAJOR SEASON 6 SPOILERS

SPOILERS

How the heck was Tony so comfortable after he ducking got a NY BOSS wacked in front of his wife and grandbabies...then had his head crushed?
:mjlol:

Tony was a terrible damn boss...then the hit was really some behind the scenes ish so it wasn't comepltely sanctioned. So publicly to everybody else who wasn't at the meeting..the optics are

The Soprano crew wacked a respected NY BOSS unsanctioned and to top it off he got wacked in humiliating fashion.

Like even if the hit was sanctioned and everybody knew about it the way it went down..it was no way Ny were gonna let that slide..it would make them look weak.

Tony should've seen that coming...the moment they decided to give up Phil..but he was so clouded by his life of gluttony and wanted to go back to his Caldwell mansion in comfort and gorge on gabbagul instead of living his life in hiding.
What was Patsy's beef with Tony again? And I just don't see Paulie wanting Tony merked. He loves Tony.

I get what yall are saying and maybe it's just me liking to see characters on good shows get happy endings. But since its left up to interpretation, then my interpretation is that everybody survived. If we didn't see him die, that means he made it. Of course he was about to get indicted and be in prison, but hey :manny:

Oh my sweet summer child. You are going through what we all went through for years after the show. Chase basically confirmed Tony was dead on the Talking Sopranos podcast. The last scene is shot entirely from Tony’s POV. Remember “You never hear it coming” foreshadowing from the Lake episode.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He had a pretty big blow habit/problem that disrupted the filming on multiple occasions.

I believe when he died he was on a yacht in Capri, eating a 13,000 calorie meal…couple that that extensive stimulant use, and his heart just couldn’t take it.

During the filming of the last scene of the episode when Tony killed Ralph, James and the guy who plays Chris were so drunk IRL that they had to put harnesses on them secured to a tree so they wouldn’t fall over the cliff when they tossed Ralph’s remains.

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
It’s so wild to me that my first time watching this (about 2016) I went into it very narrow minded, skipped past all the weird dream sequences, skimmed through most of the episodes that were melodramatic, fast forwarded most of the therapist scenes, saw the ending and said this shyt was overrated all because I wanted to preserve the Wire’s greatness so I already went into it with a bias…fast forward to today on my 7th yearly rewatch and I gotta laugh at my ignorance.

Show has so much ambiguity & layers within scenes, it’s mind boggling how much it excels at the basic, entertaining surface level and the deep, substance level simultaneously.

I’m on Season 2, Episode 3…I gotta savor this rewatch, this shyt is amazing :mjcry:

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Tbh I really didnt think chase did the ending to confirm tony died. Its more to foreshadow that tonys done either way. If its not a hit, its jail; his world was crushed either way. His entire crew is dead for the most part. Carlo flipped. Dr melfi quit on him (which tho seems small, will have him all fukked up due to his current situation) Hes done one way or the other. And he always will have to look over his back over what happened and deal with the consequences, but in that moment…

We see him happy with his fam one last time despite everything. Shows called the sopranos, as in his real fam, not the mafia fam. It was always about his family really.

I think it was more that we got hit as our view is the one that blacked out on what happens next. We werent expecting it. Thats how it ended for us. We thought it was for him, but WE didnt hear it coming.

Artistically thats how I really took it. Him being hit then and there as a definite is too cheap imo. It just works now cause james really died.

Last edited:

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
After another rewatch of season 7, I believe that it was only Patsy that set him up.

Paulie was loyal to the end and I feel like he isn't that smart to put up a front like that for Tony. He only lied to Tony about the joke because he honestly regretted betraying Tony to New York. And the handshake theory isn't strong enough because everyone shook hands with everyone at the table out of respect. Paulie and the short fat glasses dude were just slow to shake, it wasn't something that was intentionally done behind Tony's back.

And Carlo was only a rat, not a NY double-crosser. He killed a New Yorker without hesitation, so I don't think he'd want to be in company with them.

Patsy shot back at the Bing, but he was either caught off-guard or possibly being inaccurate intentionally. Also I believe he may have intentionally let the guys from Italy kill the wrong dude. He used Paulie because he knows he's incompetent. Patsy wanted that leftover Soprano money and he already showed he was comfortable enough to get buck with him earlier in the show. Motive is definitely the strongest for Patsy.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Tbh I really didnt think chase did the ending to confirm tony died. Its more to foreshadow that tonys done either way. If its not a hit, its jail; his world was crushed either way. His entire crew is dead for the most part. Carlo flipped. Hes done one way or the other. And he always will have to look over his back over what happened.
Thats what i got from it at the time. ConstantIy, looking over his shoulder, fearing for his family...
I wonder if Tony would rly get pinched and was facing real time. I wonder if he would flip. On Ny or whoever the feds would be interested in..