The Sopranos Series - Re-Watch (Spoilers!!!)

Daps
I like the storybeats, I just find the execution awful. Honestly even the acting is off, GOATdolfini just doesn't sell it when he screams "we're golden!", which I know is a reference to a classic movie.

Then there's the shaky cam for the majority of the episode. Syl repetitively egging Tony on ("you gotta do that"). The shower scene etc.

There's only 3 episodes I flat out dislike, and this one ranks the worst for me.

Fyi the other ones I don't fukk with:

- Irregular Around the Margins: that whole Tony/Adriana shyt really came too close to lazy writing for me.
- In Camelot: Johnny's mistress just annoys the fukk out of me. I know it's kind of intentional and it shows, adding to my points earlier, how blind Tony is to his fathers shortcomings..but something about every scene he has with her just grosses me the fukk out :russ:

Other then these 3 I legit enjoy every episode, even Johnny Cakes :dame:

I thought Tony was gonna smash her for a min there. :scust:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm upset that this never happened :francis:
At least we got to see Lorraine’s braccos and buns in a dream sequence:pachaha::takedat:

Lorraine_BraccoThe_Sopranos-001.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Chi
I need to rewatch s1. :jbhmm:

I feel like I'll appreciate it a lot more this time around. Starting now brehs :salute:

Can somebody tell me if the Saints movie is any good? What's the story behind it, it getting made and all of that?

Maybe saints isn’t good…doesn’t add much of anything the overall story/universe.

If it didn’t have characters w/ The Sopranos names, no one would’ve even tied it to the series

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I never had hbo. The first hbo show I watched was GOT and I didn't start watching that until right before the 7th season aired. Then after s8, I got rid of Hbo and didn't get it again until that trash WW1984 movie came out.

So Sopranos is like my 2nd HBO series (not counting HOTD and Last of Us since they're still airing).
Check out The Wire of course..

Then a few gems

ROME- Cesar and then the war with Pompey and then Rise of Octavian. 2 seasons

Chernoybl- Mini series about the nuclear accident in the 80s.. like 6 episodes :banderas:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
He had a pretty big blow habit/problem that disrupted the filming on multiple occasions.

I believe when he died he was on a yacht in Capri, eating a 13,000 calorie meal…couple that that extensive stimulant use, and his heart just couldn’t take it.
I think he was in his hotel room..the 13000 calorie meal probably happened being as how he was in Italy on vacation with his son..so Big James was probably living it up..hella wine and pasta.

RIP :wow:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
This post saved the show for me. When I first started watching, I too was looking at it for realism and was missing out on the humor. After reading this post, I began to accept the show for what it was and really enjoyed the hilarity.
Furio : I'm sad about my father
Tony : look you gotta get over that
*Hard cut to Tony in shrinks office *

Tony: it was a beautiful animal :sadbron:

shyt like that was comedy genius IMO.