The Sopranos Series - Re-Watch (Spoilers!!!)

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Just finished. The way it ended. :dahell:

The ending gets better with time. I hated it at first…

What do you think happened?

Long read, but this explains the ending perfectly:

****Please read this and get back to us

Long story short, black screen = bullet entering Tony’s brain. Prolly didn’t even hear it when it happened (like Sil at the dinner table)

Tony coming back to life during coma = white screen, white flash

Tony getting shot in the head, double crossed by Butchie = black screen

Whole scene was set up as Tony’s POV so that black screen is what he’d be seeing.

Meadow couldn’t get there fast enough to be seated next to him and be in the way so the shooter didn’t have a clean shot

Got shot from his 3 o’clock too

He’s dead…

GOAT character, GOAT series…ending is damn near 20 years old and STILL gets talked about in depth

Crazy thing is…when you rewatch it, you’ll catch hella new ish that you missed the first time.

Last edited:

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
The ending gets better with time. I hated it at first…

What do you think happened?

Long read, but this explains the ending perfectly:

****Please read this and get back to us

Long story short, black screen = bullet entering Tony’s brain. Prolly didn’t even hear it when it happened (like Sil at the dinner table)

Tony coming back to life during coma = white screen, white flash

Tony getting shot in the head, double crossed by Butchie = black screen

Whole scene was set up as Tony’s POV so that black screen is what he’d be seeing.

Meadow couldn’t get there fast enough to be seated next to him and be in the way so the shooter didn’t have a clean shot

Got shot from his 3 o’clock too

He’s dead…

GOAT character, GOAT series…ending is damn near 20 years old and STILL gets talked about in depth

Crazy thing is…when you rewatch it, you’ll catch hella new ish that you missed the first time.

Subbed

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Now im finally doing all my Googles. We lost Gandolfini in 2013, that's why I've never seen him in nothing :to:

The intervention scene is one of the funniest in the show, but a little sad. Chris tells Tony “the way you eat, you’re going to have a heart attack by the time you’re 50”, which is what happened to Gandolfini in his early 50s.

The Sil actor is a musician turned actor. :ohhh:

And this was his first role. :ohhh:

It’s his music playing when Gloria was dancing

Daps
The intervention scene is one of the funniest in the show, but a little sad. Chris tells Tony “the way you eat, you’re going to have a heart attack by the time you’re 50”, which is what happened to Gandolfini in his early 50s.

Crazy thing is... to me, he wasn't even THAT big. I mean, sure he was fat, but I've seen way fatter, way more obese people THRIVING. :to:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Crazy thing is... to me, he wasn't even THAT big. I mean, sure he was fat, but I've seen way fatter, way more obese people THRIVING. :to:

He had a pretty big blow habit/problem that disrupted the filming on multiple occasions.

I believe when he died he was on a yacht in Capri, eating a 13,000 calorie meal…couple that that extensive stimulant use, and his heart just couldn’t take it.

Daps
Reppin
Chi

After reading this, seeing the frame by frame breakdown, there’s zero doubt in my mind he got whacked.

Did it in front of his family bc the NY family needed to save face after the disgraceful way phil went out in front of his fam.

If butchie was willing to stab his guy phil in the back, he’d easily have no problem doing that to Tony.

Daps
it took me a second watch to interpret the series as a humorous mafia parody…that’s just my viewpoint tho…but I did find the show much more enjoyable from that perspective

the very first time I watched the series I focused too much on the realism and as a result didn’t enjoy it as much and missed out on a lot of the intended humor

This post saved the show for me. When I first started watching, I too was looking at it for realism and was missing out on the humor. After reading this post, I began to accept the show for what it was and really enjoyed the hilarity.