The Sopranos Series - Re-Watch (Spoilers!!!)

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
AJ is the manifestation of everything Tony hates about himself. once AJ said he was depressed that lit the fuse.
And lowkey everything Tony wanted as a child.

A father who gives (more of a) shyt, a mother who isn't abusive, a sister who isn't manipulative. None of them were perfect but Melfi pointed out a few times that the things Tony complains about wrt AJ are things he missed out on as a kid. AJ is allowed to show thr exact same weaknesses Tony had in him (like you said) but has had to hide/suppress for all of his life.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Get what? :lupe:

I thought Tony was about to get whacked but it didn't happen... :lupe:

Remember when the NY dude gets wacked next to Syl at the restaurant.
+
tumblr_mdne0yjKyj1r61a7no1_500.gif

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
how it started
I'm watching this for the first time, on ep 3. Nothing groundbreaking so far, but it's got my attention. :ehh:
I like that Tony's son ain't no punk so far.
how it ended

This is an amazing masterpiece of a show, and it hits me in a way where you almost don't know why the series is so great. Like, you have to sit back and ponder it. I would hear the name Sopranos mentioned for years and I never knew exactly what the show was or what it was about.
Lowkey Tony should have killed AJ, not Chris.

:laff:

Daps
ya. and even if he didnt somehow, remember the indictments cuz Carlo flipped?

now that ur part of this thing of ours, I recommend reading through this thread for all the discussions since theres nothing to spoil now.

I'm doing that now. I don't see how he died tho. I mean, who shot him? And plus would they really do it while his family was at the table? And who wanted him dead at that point anyway? The only person who wanted him dead was Phil. The little guy said they were good and they shook on it.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm doing that now. I don't see how he died tho. I mean, who shot him? And plus would they really do it while his family was at the table? And who wanted him dead at that point anyway? The only person who wanted him dead was Phil. The little guy said they were good and they shook on it.
1. most likely the man in the members only jacket glancing at him. went to the bathroom to get the gun(nod to Michael Corleone in godfather)

2. I mean, Phil got popped in front of his wife and grandchildren.

3. After 6 seasons, you should know these guys are snakes. likely NY was still cool with the plan to absorb what was left of the DiMeo family after Tony's demise, just with better management with Phil also out of the picture(the little guy Butchie...or some speculate dumb dumb Carmine Jr but thats a reach).

Chase and the writers gave us a non spoon fed finale that as you'll see, people are discussing 16 years after the show ended like we are in this thread.

Daps
oh wow you didn’t know he passed??

this show and everything about it were completely off your radar

I never had hbo. The first hbo show I watched was GOT and I didn't start watching that until right before the 7th season aired. Then after s8, I got rid of Hbo and didn't get it again until that trash WW1984 movie came out.

So Sopranos is like my 2nd HBO series (not counting HOTD and Last of Us since they're still airing).

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
I never had hbo. The first hbo show I watched was GOT and I didn't start watching that until right before the 7th season aired. Then after s8, I got rid of Hbo and didn't get it again until that trash WW1984 movie came out.

So Sopranos is like my 2nd HBO series (not counting HOTD and Last of Us since they're still airing).
Now you gotta watch The Wire :ohhh: