The Sopranos Series - Re-Watch (Spoilers!!!)

Daps
Reppin
Chi
What’s the ending of that episode?

Tony had been lying to Sil, Tony B, and Artie about his dad's goomar...the the camera focuses in on Tony's face as he's just thinking and then chases his thoughts down w/ a shot.

He lied to them to protect his dad's image and his own fragile ego...

In that episode and reflected in the ending scene, tony realizees a few things:

- his dad isn't the hero he's made out to be in tony's head
- his mom is so awful b/c his dad pushed her to be (cheating, ditching her while she was pregnant and in the hospital)
- his mom isn't as bad as he remembers and makes her out to be
- Tony is a lot like his dad (followed him into the life, cheating, murderous, self-serving scumbag)
- His dad's goomar was trash and tony hyped her up to hype his dad, preserving his own image and his dad's image

Took me a couple times of watching to catch all of this, at first I thought it was just a scene focusing on tony for no reason.

I liked the shot of whiskey at the end too...true tony fashion...has some profound realizations and thoughts...only to ignore them and force them out of his head with liquor. I'm sure most of us have done some shyt like this, thinkng back on some regrets, self-reflection

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Meadows boyfriend just caught the fat boy sucking another man off!!!! :dame: :damn:

What the hell!!!! :damn:
the-sopranos.gif

Daps
Tony waking up to Carmine in his bed :laff:

This is the best portrayal of a dream that I've ever seen on television. The way it kept skipping to different scenes, the way nothing made sense like Tony in his house riding a horse, I felt like I was really in a dream. It felt like a real dream that I've had in the past.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is the best portrayal of a dream that I've ever seen on television. The way it kept skipping to different scenes, the way nothing made sense like Tony in his house riding a horse, I felt like I was really in a dream. It felt like a real dream that I've had in the past.
ya, most shows show dreams as people just living life except its all in their head. sopranos captures the weird moments and sporadic changing of set pieces, environments, people that occur in dreams.

Daps
ya, most shows show dreams as people just living life except its all in their head. sopranos captures the weird moments and sporadic changing of set pieces, environments, people that occur in dreams.

Exactly. And the chaotic feel of it all. The way it's all disjointed and it has no sense of logic whatsoever.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The ending of "In Camelot" too, the title of the episode, how much of an illusion Camelot was

Referencing JFK and the King Arthur one

and what a strip club represents, the actual place they are in, the fantasy and illusion of sexuality/intimacy that they sell. Was just in one the other night, and had some fairly profound thoughts, that I didn't grasp when I was younger.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I don't understand why Tony walked away in disgust when Hugh's friend said "they don't export."

And why does it look like Nu Tony is trying to get Tony's daughter panties off :picard:

He’s bashing the gift, saying the gun is a replica.

Tony B doesn’t know where his daughter is, so looking at Meadow and Tony S bothers him because he has no relationship with his daughter since he was locked up.