The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Yeah and he's practiced a good bit with Kobe in the offseason before IIRC.

Wesley Johnson met Bryant the summer of 2010 before the Wolves used the fourth-overall pick to select him in the draft that June. The NBA Champion and the soon-to-be rookie were introduced by their agent, Rob Pelinka, and Bryant has since taken Johnson under his wing.

"It is great," Johnson said. "It is a blessing. He really was one of my favorite players to watch growing up and he's the best player so I can't put it in words. It speaks volumes of him to really look after to me. Giving his advice and his own opinions of things I need to work on from watching me, so I really appreciate it."

KingT33

LWO, Raider Nation, Univ of South Central Trojans
Daps
Reppin
A suburb of Los Angeles
BM1BcNoCMAEhifN.jpg:large

:to: :salute:

:blessed: :blessed: :blessed: :blessed: :blessed: :blessed: :to:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:russ: at Chris Kaman's twitter: [quote]I like that. @Sheedism: OK well, since @ChrisKaman is on record calling Simmons a douche, we're alright with him then...make it happen Mitch[/quote] [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/da/Kobe_Bryant_and_Chris_Kaman.jpg[/IMG]

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Carmelo & Kobe did have a private dinner tonight in Newport Beach, Ca. Kobe & Melo are very close. First defection of 2014 summer?
:beli: Would really like to have Melo on the team, but with Pringles at the helm, it ain't happening.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
So it's Monday July the 8th, 2013. NSA still spying on the world, Guantanamo Prisoners still being force-fed, Haitians still livin in tents, the school to prison pipeline is eating better than many societies in Africa and Asia, meanwhile the now under siege GOAT franchise continues to employ a pile of rat shyt as head coach...:snoop:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pringles is gettin fired by January book it :smugbiden:

Yup, if the team struggles he's not gonna last long.

It's not like Dwight was the only person who had a problem with D'Antoni. Kobe was actually the most vocal about shyt and stayed undermining him publicly.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
To me it's a matter of when, not if. I'd love it if Phil just took the Basketball Operations job and we got Brian Shaw and do a variation of the Triangle and other elements, there's still talent on this team but not the kind that can be depended upon to do the heavy lifting Kobe did for all those years.

If we can at least start by getting some young talents for cheap we can make this place more attractive for free agents in 2014. Kobe and Pau at this stage will be pluses for us like they were gonna be in the initial D12/CP3 plot but this time it'd be best to cover the team's ass in terms of the overall talent pool. I think if the situation is right we can lure guys like Melo and even LeBron to come play here but this franchise has to recover from basketball reasons once and for all and begin the procedures necessary to get some prime talents.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To me it's a matter of when, not if. I'd love it if Phil just took the Basketball Operations job and we got Brian Shaw and do a variation of the Triangle and other elements, there's still talent on this team but not the kind that can be depended upon to do the heavy lifting Kobe did for all those years.

If we can at least start by getting some young talents for cheap we can make this place more attractive for free agents in 2014. Kobe and Pau at this stage will be pluses for us like they were gonna be in the initial D12/CP3 plot but this time it'd be best to cover the team's ass in terms of the overall talent pool. I think if the situation is right we can lure guys like Melo and even LeBron to come play here but this franchise has to recover from basketball reasons once and for all and begin the procedures necessary to get some prime talents.

I think you mean Kurt Rambis. Shaw already got a job with the Nuggets.

And stop with the Lebron shyt. Lebron isn't leaving the Heat. He's going to retire there. There's NO reason for Lebron to leave the Miami Heat.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I think you mean Kurt Rambis. Shaw already got a job with the Nuggets.

And stop with the Lebron shyt. Lebron isn't leaving the Heat. He's going to retire there. There's NO reason for Lebron to leave the Miami Heat.

Yeah, I meant Rambis.

I dunno, I'm not saying it'll happen but I think it could happen.