The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Yall hear this on first take? Steven A says they were suppose to fire Antoni, but the win streak happened and the buss family backed off of Jim.

:ohhh:

-DMP-

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Yall hear this on first take? Steven A says they were suppose to fire Antoni, but the win streak happened and the buss family backed off of Jim.

-DMP-

We were destined to get fukked, the basketball gawds gotta bring this jim tenure to an end. Phil gotta win this war brehs. :wow2:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

-DMP-

I could have told you that...

Think about it. If the Lakers didn't go on that winning streak they would have missed the playoffs. That's automatically gets you fired round these parts.

Once we got past the All-Star break that was the point of no return in terms of firing D'Antoni with any hope of still making the playoffs.

Also is anybody else noticing how EVERYBODY is glossing over the fact that Dwight and his people repeatedly said they never asked for D'Antoni to be fired while at the same time saying they kept asking for Phil to coach the team?

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
so did yall know about antoni treating earl clark like shyt and him counting down the days till he could leave that clown?

sas is destroying jim and antoni today.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We were destined to get fukked, the basketball gawds gotta bring this jim tenure to an end. Phil gotta win this war brehs. :wow2:

"Basketball reasons"

That shyt crippled us more than anything else. Odom and Pau ain't been the same since, we been stuck in Luxury tax hell, and we've had two incompetent coaches in a row.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so did yall know about antoni treating earl clark like shyt and him counting down the days till he could leave that clown?

Wait what?

D'Antoni was the first coach to give Earl Clark any burn. His hand was forced but he still gave him a shot.

I can believe it though. D'Antoni comes across as a prick most of the time. From the Day he was hired he was talking shyt.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

Earl Clark is news to me but its not surprising since his minutes fluctuated wildly. Jordan Hill was the known f'ucktoni whipping boy.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Wait what?

D'Antoni was the first coach to give Earl Clark any burn. His hand was forced but he still gave him a shot.

I can believe it though. D'Antoni comes across as a prick most of the time. From the Day he was hired he was talking shyt.

Earl Clark is news to me but its not surprising since his minutes fluctuated wildly. Jordan Hill was the known f'ucktoni whipping boy.

SAS said he was Antoni's whipping boy. Treated him like dirt. Even other players were shocked how badly he would ride him. SAS said Earl couldn't wait to leave b/c of this.

The loyalty to this man is unbelievable.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
SAS said he was Antoni's whipping boy. Treated him like dirt. Even other players were shocked how badly he would ride him. SAS said Earl couldn't wait to leave b/c of this.

The loyalty to this man is unbelievable.

Yeah I saw when sas said that I mean Earl was a Mike Brown guy so its not surprising, but yeah that's what you get when you hire a bag of dirt to coach your team. So if Earl Clark was the whippin boy what did that make Jordan Hill since his beef with f'ucktoni goes all the way back to NY.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jordan Hill been a nice player, but his time in NY had people really believing he was a bum. I saw Jordan Hill player in college. He's a much better player than anybody wanted to give him credit for being. Got a great motor, can grab boards, and he actually has a bit of a mid range shot.

really

All Star
Daps
So lets keep count..... People that are NOT currently Los Angeles Lakers due SOLEY to Jim Buss / Mike Dantoni (they are joined at the hip at this point):

1) Phillip Jackson
2) Dwight Howard
3) Earl Clark
4) Carmelo Anthony (In 2014... If they wouldn't fire Dantoni to KEEP Dwight, why the hell would they to lure Carmelo?)

I can no longer be emotionally attached to this team. It'd be like sticking by your wife after she f*cked a n1gga right in your face, told you to do something about it, and then stole $50k out of your bank account and bought him a Benz.

I'll pray for the sheep that are still a part of "Laker Nation"