The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
If the deal happens and we don't get Embiid in the draft. I wouldn't mind keeping Okafor + we would have another first rounder which i would use on Glen Robinson III.

- Waive Nash
- Draft Wiggins, Parker or Exum (If we get Exum move Kobe to the 3) and Robinson
- Sign Lowry and Tyrus Thomas
- Resign Swaggy/Hill/Johnson/Okafor

Lowry/Marshall
Kobe/Young
Wiggins/Johnson
Robinson/Thomas/Kelly
Okafor/Hill/Sacre

:swaggyb:

Probably pipe though:heh:

Last edited:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
As @ESPNSteinLine reported, Lakers save $4.8 million by swapping Pau for Okafor. Unclear whether LA would want more than savings for Pau
:ehh: If we aren't able to get Embiid, Wiggins, or Exum in the draft, I would be open to trading it imo.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Who could we get though? I wouldn't give it up just to get Love a year early..
:yeshrug: Parker, but I'm not sold on him though defensively. He would get us points, especially with Bean, but we need DEFENSE, I'm sure we can get enough scoring through trades & FA. That's why if we can't get Embiid, Wiggins, or Exum, I wouldn't mind trading the pick. Marcus Smart, Randle, Noah, etc. are solid, but wouldn't help as much as the top 3 imo would change the whole landscape for the Lakers going forward imo. We need a defensive anchor in the worst way, we fukking suck on defense & rebounding, which was our strength in all our championship squads. But, I definitely can see the front office trading the pick though imo. We don't have much choices, especially if fukking Pringles is still the coach coming into 2014-2015, which means we aren't going anywhere with him at the helm for the foreseeable future. :shaq2:

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If we really can't get any picks at all for pau and I mean nothing. Then I would be okay with trading pau for okafor because at this point pau and swaggy p are the only things fukking up the tank.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
:yeshrug: Parker, but I'm not sold on him though defensively. He would get us points, especially with Bean, but we need DEFENSE, I'm sure we can get enough scoring through trades & FA. That's why if we can't get Embiid, Wiggins, or Exum, I wouldn't mind trading the pick. Marcus Smart, Randle, Noah, etc. are solid, but wouldn't help as much as the top 3 imo would change the whole landscape for the Lakers going forward imo. We need a defensive anchor in the worst way, we fukking suck on defense & rebounding, which was our strength in all our championship squads. But, I definitely can see the front office trading the pick though imo. We don't have much choices, especially if fukking Pringles is still the coach coming into 2014-2015, which means we aren't going anywhere with him at the helm for the foreseeable future. :shaq2:
I agree with you. Mitch needs to start over from scratch. No more Nash's, Kapono's, Glock's etc players who can't and won't play defense. We need athetletic two way players and players with defensive potential. Love is the only player that doesn't fit this mole that I would go after. He isn't great defensively, but he isn't terrible either and he impacts the game in other ways.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Canberra schoolboy Dante Exum plans to sit down with Kobe Bryant to learn the secrets behind the superstar's successful leap from high school to the NBA.

LA Laker great Bryant became the first guard in history to bypass college and be drafted straight out of high school in 1996. Exum, who completed high school last year, is preparing for a similarly rapid rise to the big stage after announcing last week he would forego college and nominate for June's NBA Draft.

The point guard has signed with Bryant's manager Rob Pelinka, who has told the 18-year-old that Bryant is willing to give him advice on how to handle the leap. The Lakers, in the midst of a disappointing season, have already contacted Australia basketball great Luc Longley to discuss Exum, who led Canberra's Lake Ginninderra College to last year's national schoolboys title.

''A reason why I signed with the agent I'm with is he has Kobe Bryant, and he's been through this when he came into the NBA,'' Exum said.

''I guess having him as a mentor who can guide me through what he did and how he became successful is something which is pretty good. I haven't chatted to him yet, but the agent said Kobe knows who I am and he said he'd definitely have a chat to me.''
:wow:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Wiggins should be ringing kobe's phone too.
:patrice: Wiggins did say that the player he wants to play against the most is Kobe. I think Kobe can give Wiggins that edge and be more aggresive & assertive on offense. :whew: All that I know is that if we can somehow get Embiid, Wiggins, or Exum it can accelerate the fortunes of the Lakers for the future for the good. :wow: Plus Embiid, Wiggins, & Exum somehow have something in common with the Lakers. Embiid is a Lakers fan, and both Wiggins & Exum both look up to and admire Kobe, and Exum wants to play for the Lakers because he has the same agent as Kobe too and wants to play with him too. :obama:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Exum ended up choosing Rob Pelinka, whose main client is Kobe Bryant—one of the Aussie's two favorite players (the other is Derrick Rose). Bryant's high school-to-NBA journey, his global popularity and endorsements (like Turkish Airlines) and the worldly personality of the Los Angeles Lakers All-Star—he lived in Italy when he was younger—were all captivating to the international basketball phenom. Back in early December, he talked about the Bryant effect.

"I’ve been watching Kobe since I was a boy," he said. "Even Kobe was a player that went straight from high school to the league, so I’ve definitely been watching his documentaries and stuff, seeing why he chose to go straight there and he adapted. So I have, in a way, been trying to look up to Kobe. He said that it was always his dream to play in the NBA, so that made his choice kind of easy."