The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Man I do not see love taking us to the promise land when Kobe's done...give me melo a good coach and some defensive minded players...oh yea and a point guard something we never had

lol, that's what the lotto pick is for. I want Love next to Embiid, I think they'd be what Bynum and Gasol couldn't be. We can go after Bledsoe which imo is preferable. I don't got a problem with us getting Melo, but for one he's an older player than Love and for two I don't know how well he'll fit next to Kobe. If they do fit well together, then that alone is gonna be a lot of shots between them and less chance for our potential lotto pick to develop.

I ain't trippin either way. This team needs to hit on the draft pick. The idiots that run our team have found themselves in a great situation, they can sign a player in his prime, draft a new franchise player of the future, and let their old superstar go out in the style he deserves. I can only imagine how the dumbasses running the team will fukk this one up. :beli:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
If they win the lotto and draft Embiid, I think they have to make a strong push for Bosh in free agency. If they can't sign him, do whatever it takes to get Love in LA by 2015.

CanesMiamiLakers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You really wanna give a 30 year old a 5 year max deal? I don't.. Give me a prime Kevin Love to go along with our draft pick + Kobe and hopefully Lowry.
Melo will play at a high level 3 out of those 5 years. Maybe I need to watch some more wolves games.

CanesMiamiLakers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol, that's what the lotto pick is for. I want Love next to Embiid, I think they'd be what Bynum and Gasol couldn't be. We can go after Bledsoe which imo is preferable. I don't got a problem with us getting Melo, but for one he's an older player than Love and for two I don't know how well he'll fit next to Kobe. If they do fit well together, then that alone is gonna be a lot of shots between them and less chance for our potential lotto pick to develop.

I ain't trippin either way. This team needs to hit on the draft pick. The idiots that run our team have found themselves in a great situation, they can sign a player in his prime, draft a new franchise player of the future, and let their old superstar go out in the style he deserves. I can only imagine how the dumbasses running the team will fukk this one up. :beli:
I don't think kobe would mind deferring to his good friend melo he just never liked Howard that's all

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
So Shannon Brown(Before signing with Spurs) went from avg 10ppg to out of the league? :ohhh:

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
MQNDzWF.png

I wouldn't mind missing out on Embiid if we got Asik.:manny:

Last edited:

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
Having a secure spot on this Lakers team moving forward might be a tall order to ask for if you’re currently on the roster. For Jodie Meeks, he hopes that his growth and improvement this season will play a big factor in what management decides to do with him in the 2014 off-season.

According to Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News, Meeks has a very strong interest in staying in Los Angeles, and will be looking to sign a long-term deal with the Lakers in this upcoming summer:

“I like the city and love it here,” said Meeks. “The coaching staff is great and it’s a storied organization. I always pictured playing in a organization that’s prideful about winning. I love it here and hope I can stay a long time.”

As for the Lakers, we know that they intend to have full flexibility to do what they want in the summers of 2014 and 2015, so a long-term deal might not be in the interest of management.

Regardless of that, Meeks has been having a career season, averaging 14.7 points per game on 45 percent shooting from the field and 41 percent from beyond the arc.

Thoughts?

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
So everyone is imagining if the Lakers get the #1 and pick Embiid, but have the brehs thought about the possibility of getting a 2-6 pick?

Wiggins? Exum? Both are likely inefficient low teen scorers in the first season..Jabari Parker would be interesting and could become a monster working with Kobe...and then what? Gulp....Randle, Smart, etc

Need at least top 4 brehs :lupe: