The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:pachaha: Am I the only one that is crazy enough to think that Tyrus Thomas can look like a serviceable player in the NBA with the Lakers? Lakers should take a flier on every draft bust. Lakers did wonders with previous draft busts like Earl Clark, Jordan Hill,......Adam Morrison :mjpls: Lakers should go after Wesley Johnson too.
:beli: Yea Lakers are fukked for now.

Lmao I was thinking of that even before this dwight ho fiasco finished...yeah:to:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Fake ass Lakers fans need to stay out of this thread:pacspit:

Talking about switching teams and it's over and all this doom and gloom shyt:ufdup:

Ol' sky is fallin ass nikkas:rudy:

We the GOAT franchise, so what we may be down for a year or 2:yeshrug: We always come back and when we do, yall fairweather clowns aint allowed back in the LWO:demonic:

Yall act like we wasnt down from 92-96 or from 2005-2007:wtb:

I'm #LWO for life and if you aint, fukk you:birdman:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:whew: Got that D-C**N shyt over with now.
Here are the rest of the FA's remaining:
2013 NBA Free Agents | HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors
Getting any young and athletic players on this squad would be a W in itself. Playing with Kobe, Pau, & Nash should do wonders for everybody. Biggest problem will be defense, but it won't get better with Wacktoni. But, I honestly feel like if we can get any young and athletic player FA and they would do much better here, no matter how much of a bust they were or underachieved with previous teams. Just look at Earl Clark. Team needs to stack up on 2/3's that can play both positions, especially 2-way players. Definitely need to get another big man or 2 to back-up Pau. Now lets see what players we can add without no more drama now.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
The #2014Plan is back and in full effect.

I hope Kobe rests himself and waits until he's fully healthy before coming back. Dont need him coming back to early and re-injuring the Achilles.

Kobe gonna drop 40 on the Rockets if he's healthy....watch:russ:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I didn't want Dwight to stay, but Stephen A made some great points. The city is pointing the finger at D'Antoni for being..well, Mike D'Antoni. He's stubborn. He's a prick. He also likes his offense to be fast paced. Those are the characteristics you can count on when dealing with the guy. But the real reason Dwight left doesn't have as much to do with D'Antoni as it does Jim Buss demonstrating a reluctance and somewhat brazen attitude of refusing comply or even entertain his marquee player's demands.

He ignored Kobe when he stated he wanted Shaw. Hired Mike Brown instead. He ignored Dwight when he stated he wanted Phil. Hired D'antoni. Since November, Dwight's mind was made up. Buss brought D'antoni in when he knew his style of ball wouldn't coincide with a big man's game. That's not D'Antoni's fault. At the end of the day the owner won't even listen to arguably the greatest player to don a purple & gold jersey. If you were Dwight, what would make you believe he'd listen to you?

Dwight did what he felt was best for his career. I'm not mad at that at all. As a professional, he was ignored by the owner and he didn't want to play with a coach whose system for the most part excluded him & his style of play. That's not a good start to a relationship by any means. If I were in his shoes, I would have probably chucked up the deuces, too. Jim Buss is calling the shots and he's making it abundantly clear that it's going to be his way or no way.

While this organization has never bent over backwards for guys, they have historically walked a fine line and have been open to the demands and concerns of their superstars. Jim Buss is kicking dust all over that line and I don't believe he even cares. In the process, he is going to run this franchise into the ground if he doesn't get over his ego, and fast.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
what you dont understand is dwight can only win his own titles

it doesnt matter about the coach or the management

you are on the floor and YOU are the center of the team

be a fukking man :kobe:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
what you dont understand is dwight can only win his own titles

it doesnt matter about the coach or the management

you are on the floor and YOU are the center of the team

be a fukking man :kobe:

That's cute.

What you don't understand is that that isn't reality. Management has to accommodate it's best players. In '81-82 when Magic demanded to be traded because of his issues with head coach Westhead, Buss fired him. If Jerry sat Kobe down in '07 and told him ":leon: You're the one on the floor. I think we have enough to get the job done. Go win with what you've got." Then he would have walked and rightfully so.

This isn't a hard concept to grasp, and the notion that personnel and coaches don't factor into whether or not a player wants to stay much less find the desire to go all out for your franchise is naive at best. It doesn't work that way and never will.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
D'Antoni is a huge problem, but people keep ignoring the fact that Dr Jerry Buss was the one who hired D'Antoni, not Jim Buss.

Jim fukked up in not fixing a CLEAR mistake, which was hiring D'Antoni in the first place. He should have just ate the contract and either offered Phil the job or brought in Rambis.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
just stay on the team and go on strike then house nikka
NOBODY wants d'antoni ... if that cokehead wants to play games then play games back

Lakers said they only did good in the end when they stopped listening to D'antoni which proves my point ... do what you want

if you wanna talk trades and the future then so be it, but you shouldnt just sign max deals anywhere just because people want to suck your dikk and do the chicken dance with you

jim buss will be done soon there is no other choice, if you cant man up and wait it out then you are a bytch and not your own man

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
BOeZPfNCcAAQwWJ.jpg:large

:snoop: fukkin Meeks.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kobe need to find that nikka Meeks and punch him in the chest. Can't be on twitter crying like a little bytch. Get yo bum ass in the gym and start working on that jumper and hunt down Michael Cooper for some defensive training.

Man the fukk up and prepare for war.