The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I hope that a will.

And we still got meeks? and ebanks? :hellno:

Yes they picked up Meeks team option. And Ebanks got let go for being a bytch. :skip: I literally have no clue who the Lakers are going to sign, but definitely will be athletic 2/3's, more preferably players that can play both sides of the floor. :rudy: Even though the defense will continue to be horrible with Pringles as coach no matter what. FA's to look at realistically:
Anthony Morrow, Wayne Ellington, Ronnie Brewer, Francisco Garcia, Wesley Johnson, Randy Foye, Omri Casspi, Carlos Delfino, James Johnson, P.J. Tucker, etc. And another center to back up Pau, its definitely not going to be Sacre. :scusthov:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
We typically get rid of our draft picks because they're typically not worth shyt.

One thing people tend to overlook is that the draft is really just a fukking gamble. It depends on how early your drafting and how good that particular draft class is.

People putting too much stock in what OKC has been able to do. Last I checked the teams who regularly have great draft picks are still in the shytter (Wizards and Bobcats).

To put it in perspective look at where some of our most recent draft picks are right now. :aicmon:

With then new CBA draft picks will become more important

Having those rookie contracts will help save a lot of money

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
bombed the wrong parade

images

really

All Star
Daps
Why are people running in here thumping their chest like this is the end of our franchise?

:childplease:When was the last decade we didn't win a title?

This is the first time you went from the best owner in the history of sports, to the worst....

Yall keep trying to sweep this shyt under the rug if you want... You will be in for a RUDE awakening..:wow:

Your new owner, chose a man, that got fired from his last Job and who has never been to an NBA finals... Over the best center in the NBA + the best coach in NBA history...

That's all you need to know to know your franchise is DOOMED:comeon:

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
I think weel b alright.. pau will step up.. Kobe willb Kobe. artest will step up... we just need defense and athleticism.. some shooting

really

All Star
Daps
I want to say the Lakers can get Dirk or Melo and contend...

But Melo despises Dantoni also.... And dirk, he's too old for a run and gun offense...

Damn, everytime I try to find a good scenario for the Lakers, the bottleneck always comes back to the shytty coach that SHOULD'VE NEVER BEEN THERE....:why:

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
lakers shouldn't be mad.

if the team struggle and can't make the playoffs and get a good spot in the lottery u can use that as trade bait for another team in 14'.

but u have money to signed kobe for 3 years and look for 2 big names to become franchise players.

it wasn't like the team was going to the finals next year even wit dwight

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With then new CBA draft picks will become more important

Having those rookie contracts will help save a lot of money

Only reason the new CBA was a problem for us the past couple years is because our biggest contracts weren't grandfathered in.

We had contracts that would have been difficult but manageable in the old CBA suddenly become impossible in the new CBA.

Mitch tired to adjust to the new CBA with a brilliant deal but because of whining bytches like Mark Cuban and Dan Gilbert we got torpedoed.

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
lakers shouldn't be mad.

if the team struggle and can't make the playoffs and get a good spot in the lottery u can use that as trade bait for another team in 14'.

but u have money to signed kobe for 3 years and look for 2 big names to become franchise players.

I'm worried the team isn't going to be bad enough:noah: fukk around and hit 8-10 seed:noah:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
This is the first time you went from the best owner in the history of sports, to the worst....

Yall keep trying to sweep this shyt under the rug if you want... You will be in for a RUDE awakening..:wow:

Your new owner, chose a man, that got fired from his last Job and who has never been to an NBA finals... Over the best center in the NBA + the best coach in NBA history...

That's all you need to know to know your franchise is DOOMED:comeon:

He won't last 2 years if he doesn't bring some sort of success. Jim will start folding under the public pressure soon enough.

really

All Star
Daps
lakers shouldn't be mad.

I seriously doubt wade, lebron or even Bosh is leaving Miami...

Melo MIGHT would leave NY, but he despises Dantoni...

Granger is a restricted Free agent, and pacers will likely match any offer

Dirk... I can argue Dirk has a better chance at winning a title with Spurs / Bulls / Warriors / Thunder than LA

:snoop:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are people running in here thumping their chest like this is the end of our franchise?

:childplease: When was the last decade we didn't win a title?

Cause nikkas love to grossly over exaggerate when the goat franchise has any setback.

The way people talk you'd think the Lakers have been struggling since the mid 2000's.

Plus the cap space we'll have next season is still being grossly ignored. Dudes be over exaggerating our cap problems for a minute.

really

All Star
Daps
He won't last 2 years if he doesn't bring some sort of success. Jim will start folding under the public pressure soon enough.

If he hasn't "foddeled" under the pressure yet, he NEVER WILL...

Won't last 2 years? Kobe is DONE in 2 or 3..... lol....

Yall not looking at this rationally.... I understand holding out hope... I just don't want you to be disappointed...

This shyt is a mockery of sports, what Jim Buss did... And he never comes out and talks, never says ANYTHING to the fans.... I bet he sits back and gets a kick out of this shyt...

Skip said he thinks Jim Buss likes palying the villian, and I agree with him:myman:

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
:dahell:

nikka, shut the fukk up.

You can ask any regular who posts in this thread and they'll tell you I defend Pau more than ANYBODY, but even I recognize he has deserved some of the shyt he's gotten. Dude ghosted in 2 straight post seasons.

The idea that Lakers fans don't appreciate players is fukking bullshyt. If you perform and help bring the team success the fanbase will have your back forever. Guys like Shannon Brown, Derek Fisher, Robert Horry, and DJ Mbenga still get love from the Lakers fan base.

There's a reason why former Lakers talk about how much more it means to win here and talk about how great and passionate the fan base is.

And Kobe hasn't received any infinite passes either. People were pissed at him during those Utah series early in his career, we all criticized him for playing piss poor defense this season, and when he was talking about leaving back in 07 many of us were ready to tell him to kick rocks too.

The point being Lakers fans don't want ANYBODY here that doesn't want to be here. If you don't show up to play or only show up during contract years nikkas gonna boo you.

This is true. When Kobe was going through that bs in 07 I was like :ohhh: word? Ship his ass outta here! I was tired of him and honestly wanted LA to trade him:manny: team over player always, not like today's fans who do the opposite.

really

All Star
Daps
Cause nikkas love to grossly over exaggerate when the goat franchise has any setback.

The way people talk you'd think the Lakers have been struggling since the mid 2000's.

Plus the cap space we'll have next season is still being grossly ignored. Dudes be over exaggerating our cap problems for a minute.

Delusion and being in denial.. Must be tough...

I'm a Lakers fan, but a realist first...

FACT: Jim Buss Chose Dantoni over Phil Jackson + Dwight howard.... not ONE of them, he chose him over BOTH of them...

FACT: Kobe is coming off an injury and is getting older by the day... (I think Kobe can get to 100%, but they don't have a bunch of years to waste)

FACT: Yea, the Lakers have a lot of cap space... Who's coming to LA next year?

Lebron - No
Wade - No
Bosh - Unlikely
Dirk - MAYBE
Melo - No (primarily due to dantoni)

What big free agents will the lakers be signing?

Even if Lakers get:

Gasol / Dirk / Deng / Kobe / Nash

I don't think Dantoni can coach that squad to a championship.... Phil probably could:skip:

But I've talked enough, I'll let yall keep dreaming and hoping and ignoring the obvious.