The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
D'Antoni is a huge problem, but people keep ignoring the fact that Dr Jerry Buss was the one who hired D'Antoni, not Jim Buss.

Jim fukked up in not fixing a CLEAR mistake, which was hiring D'Antoni in the first place. He should have just ate the contract and either offered Phil the job or brought in Rambis.

It was Jim who put his pops onto hiring him, tho. I read that or heard it on the radio.

Jim put Doc on thinking he'd see Showtime once again before he goes. Then everything turned to shyt and Doc probably wanted to bounce early so he wouldn't see the disaster continue. :to:

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
I was drafted by Charlotte, wanted out to Lake Show, got my wish, took them to back-to-back finals on my way to a 3 peat. :win:

:sadcam:

What position u play :lupe:

Sucks now that u can't get rid of Coward and stay on the GOAT franchise :sadcam:

On my play I got drafted to the sixers was killing the game in my first season but JRU and That Fakkit Turner kept hoggin the ball so I demanded a trade to the lakeshow and got my wish :ahh:

All for nothing :sadcam:

theoretic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
What will Amnestying him do beside save the Lakers some money that the team can't spend to improve the roster?

His contract isn't big enough to get us out of the luxury and he'd have to be replaced by someone else who is a good defender. Metta isn't NEARLY as a good of a defender as he used to be, but he's also not nearly as bad as yall make him out to be either.

He sucks.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
What position u play :lupe:

Sucks now that u can't get rid of Coward and stay on the GOAT franchise :sadcam:

On my play I got drafted to the sixers was killing the game in my first season but JRU and That Fakkit Turner kept hoggin the ball so I demanded a trade to the lakeshow and got my wish :ahh:

All for nothing :sadcam:

PG.

I was ROTY and should of won MVP in my first year. Second year I averaged a trip-dub and won it. :win:

We got D West and Steph Jackson this season. MWP retired. :blessed: and AK 47 off the bench.

BTW, I'm still on 2k12 :dead: so I'm playing with Bynum. There were times me, Gasol, Bynum and Kobe were in the chase for MVP. :win:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I didn't want Dwight to stay, but Stephen A made some great points. The city is pointing the finger at D'Antoni for being..well, Mike D'Antoni. He's stubborn. He's a prick. He also likes his offense to be fast paced. Those are the characteristics you can count on when dealing with the guy. But the real reason Dwight left doesn't have as much to do with D'Antoni as it does Jim Buss demonstrating a reluctance and somewhat brazen attitude of refusing comply or even entertain his marquee player's demands.

He ignored Kobe when he stated he wanted Shaw. Hired Mike Brown instead. He ignored Dwight when he stated he wanted Phil. Hired D'antoni. Since November, Dwight's mind was made up. Buss brought D'antoni in when he knew his style of ball wouldn't coincide with a big man's game. That's not D'Antoni's fault. At the end of the day the owner won't even listen to arguably the greatest player to don a purple & gold jersey. If you were Dwight, what would make you believe he'd listen to you?

Dwight did what he felt was best for his career. I'm not mad at that at all. As a professional, he was ignored by the owner and he didn't want to play with a coach whose system for the most part excluded him & his style of play. That's not a good start to a relationship by any means. If I were in his shoes, I would have probably chucked up the deuces, too. Jim Buss is calling the shots and he's making it abundantly clear that it's going to be his way or no way.

While this organization has never bent over backwards for guys, they have historically walked a fine line and have been open to the demands and concerns of their superstars. Jim Buss is kicking dust all over that line and I don't believe he even cares. In the process, he is going to run this franchise into the ground if he doesn't get over his ego, and fast.
c/s

If Dwight was truly truly truly the Lakers future you sit him down and say, "Dwight you are our future, if not Phil Jackson, who do YOU want to be the coach of this team?". You don't cater to a 40 year old Steve Nash and bring in his guy to coach the team. Whether Dwight is a bytch or not if you're saying he's the anchor of the franchise for years to come you gotta cater to him at least meet him half way. We bent over backwards for CP3, which I didn't like truthfully but it is what it is. Its a players league. I'm just glad we got Doc cause even Blake has to like that pick as a head coach.

KingT33

LWO, Raider Nation, Univ of South Central Trojans
Daps
Reppin
A suburb of Los Angeles
We just gonna have to ride this out brehs, until we can get outta cap hell. Kobe and Pau contracts are killing our cap.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
lol, the good thing is this will only further build the case for getting rid of f'ucktoni and cokehead once and for all. How much destruction the franchise will face in the process is anyone's guess. It's gonna take another god awful season to get shyt truly changed, an overdose for jim and a incest scandal for that italian hick faggit would be :blessed: right about now.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
lol, the good thing is this will only further build the case for getting rid of f'ucktoni and cokehead once and for all. How much destruction the franchise will face in the process is anyone's guess. It's gonna take another god awful season to get shyt truly changed, an overdose for jim and a incest scandal for that italian hick faggit would be :blessed: right about now.

Not to kick you all while you're down but I think this actually helps D'Antoni's future with the Lakers. If sticking with D'Antoni played any part in Dwight's departure, how bad would it look if they got rid of him early in the season or before it even started?

It's Iraq status now, they have to stay the course so they don't have to admit it was a mistake in the first place and all of the bloodshed was all for naught :smugfavre:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Not to kick you all while you're down but I think this actually helps D'Antoni's future with the Lakers. If sticking with D'Antoni played any part in Dwight's departure, how bad would it look if they got rid of him early in the season or before it even started?

It's Iraq status now, they have to stay the course so they don't have to admit it was a mistake in the first place and all of the bloodshed was all for naught :smugfavre:

Yeah right, your enjoying every kick and punch your gettin in right now. Funny enough I had that exact same thought once I hit send on that reply. None of us really liked dwight as we got to know who he is and what he's really about, but even with that it says a lot that the person running basketball operations chose his coach over a player he supposedly coveted for the future of the team. If that's not a ringing endorsement I don't know what is.

To be real, I think jim is purposely destroying everything associated with his father(even Kobe) so he can have his own legacy. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kobe leave or retire. Its that bad right now, I talk a little rah rah shyt but its just to be funny. This season and this off-season has been nothing short of sobering. I wouldn't even feel bad about it if it weren't so obvious that all this misfortune has everything to do with mismanagement and ego.

Colejeezy

Rest In Peace KOBE
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Lets move on yall...2014 we gon be fine but for this upcoming season we are fukked.. I think we only have 8 ppl in our roster, who else can we pick up with the money lakers can offer? :to:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I'm on my Raider shyt with this team, until jim buss is gone and f'ucktoni is fired I just can't take this team seriously. I hope next season starts off even worse than this past one so we can get to firing nikkaz quicker. Brehs we can only be loyal to what the Lakers were and stood for, this abomination is a disgrace and disrespectful to all the fans that support and the players worth a shyt that actually work hard to succeed. I have no idea how to even wrap my mind around all this, smfh basketball reasons was the death blow of all death blows.

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels

Or maybe, they didn't really want Dho after all? :leon: