The Show Must Go On: 2013-14 Los Angeles Lakers thread

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
I will take back everything bad I ever said about Antoni if the n!gga just puts Da Llama in the post consistently :ohlawd:.

That's all I was asking for last season, maybe it'll happen this season

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Dantoni still gotta go?

You do understand, that Mike Dantoni isn't going ANYWHERE for another 3 or 4 years right? You do know this right?

If I was you, I'd stop being a lakers fan until Jim Buss steps down or is dead... He killed this Franchise his father built...

Trying to root for the Lakers while Jim Buss is the boss will be like trying to root for a Nascar driver who "gets a kick" out of driving with a blindfold on....

You gonna keep faith in this shyt, and keep prayiing things change? IT WON'T as long as he's at the helm.

You have a miserable future if you're going to stick with this team during the Buss Era. (yea, I'm telling you to be a bandwaggoner.... Better than not watching all together)

:aicmon:

The foundation was crumbling in Phil's last season. Championship runs don't last forever. Fact is that Kobe is an aging star and the Lakers don't have assets right now.

IMO we need to move way past Phil jackson, that mofo was trying to strong arm ridiculous requests because his heart isn't in it anymore.. Not saying D'Antoni is/was the answer either however.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was the problem with the Laker fanbase, learn to appreciate and respect players outside of Kobe. Kobe keeps getting a free pass for all the BS he does. If the fans actually showed support for Dwight during the season and were more encouraging there is no doubt that he would have stuck around even with D'Antoni. It's just like any job, you are more likely to stick around if the environment is positive and/or you like your boss. Y'all had neither.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

:dahell:

nikka, shut the fukk up.

You can ask any regular who posts in this thread and they'll tell you I defend Pau more than ANYBODY, but even I recognize he has deserved some of the shyt he's gotten. Dude ghosted in 2 straight post seasons.

The idea that Lakers fans don't appreciate players is fukking bullshyt. If you perform and help bring the team success the fanbase will have your back forever. Guys like Shannon Brown, Derek Fisher, Robert Horry, and DJ Mbenga still get love from the Lakers fan base.

There's a reason why former Lakers talk about how much more it means to win here and talk about how great and passionate the fan base is.

And Kobe hasn't received any infinite passes either. People were pissed at him during those Utah series early in his career, we all criticized him for playing piss poor defense this season, and when he was talking about leaving back in 07 many of us were ready to tell him to kick rocks too.

The point being Lakers fans don't want ANYBODY here that doesn't want to be here. If you don't show up to play or only show up during contract years nikkas gonna boo you.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can we finally start keeping draft picks? I'm excited to rebuild whenever that all out happens. I guess next summer is the critical determining factor to decide how Kobe goes out.

We typically get rid of our draft picks because they're typically not worth shyt.

One thing people tend to overlook is that the draft is really just a fukking gamble. It depends on how early your drafting and how good that particular draft class is.

People putting too much stock in what OKC has been able to do. Last I checked the teams who regularly have great draft picks are still in the shytter (Wizards and Bobcats).

To put it in perspective look at where some of our most recent draft picks are right now. :aicmon:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
So, right now this is how our team is looking like right now:
C Gasol Sacre
PF Hill Kelly
SF Metta (Will get amnesty'd probably)
SG Kobe, Meeks
PG Nash, Blake
(Morris, Goudelock, and Ebanks all were let go.)
:beli: Lets see how the rest of the roster gets filled up.

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
Damn brehs, I'm gettin flashbacks of Kwame and Smush:russ: Lakers will retool but I don't think in time for Kobe unless we tank which aint happening.

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
C Gasol Sacre
PF Hill Kelly
SG Kobe, Meeks
PG Nash, Blake

I hope that a will.

And we still got meeks? and ebanks? :hellno:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
C Gasol Sacre
PF Hill Kelly
SG Kobe, Meeks
PG Nash, Blake

We still pretty well off in terms of our bigs. If Pau and Hill come back 100% that's a pretty solid big tandem. I was impressed with Hill's progress the past couple of seasons.

Meeks is garbage, but hopefully some time as a starter can make him a more serviceable backup for when the Mamba returns.

Lakers should look to bring back Morris. He's an underrated defender and was quick, just needed a bit more polish on the offensive end.

I don't see the point in Amnestying Metta. It's not going to free up any cap space for us, and we'd have to replace him with someone else (who probably isn't nearly as good of a defender).

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn brehs, I'm gettin flashbacks of Kwame and Smush:russ: Lakers will retool but I don't think in time for Kobe unless we tank which aint happening.

Yeah, people should think about what when saying Lakers fans haven't had to deal with a rebuilding process.....We had 3+ seasons of Kobe playing with table scraps.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Why are people running in here thumping their chest like this is the end of our franchise?

:childplease:When was the last decade we didn't win a title?