The show “Dave” on FX is the latest example of how black culture is treated like a joke

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I'm on 50 posts per page and this is the 3rd page...

My nikka you're trying to lock down that WOAT banner and we're not even halfway through the year

With actual white racists still lurking on this forum? Deflection tactics is very agent-like, even for the likes of you :mjpls:

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
I think what's being lost in this discussion is the disrespect coming from lil dikky to the culture. From the quotes OP posted it seems like hes discontent with the rap game because hes not as big as he wants to be which is b.s. and the real issue here. Eminem & Mac Miller are examples of white rappers who didn't complain and just made music. This cac dissed the shyt out of Rick Ross. Who is this joker?

As for the tv show Dave, I was done about 2 episodes in but since I have OCD I had to finish it. Its :camby:/:trash: status. An Atlanta wannabe with constant dikk jokes. Important discussions my ass this show is trash. Watch Atlanta if you haven't and if you did watch it again instead of this.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
This is what brehs don’t understand. There’s a reason why we don’t have classic shows like Martin and Fresh Prince... it’s because the industry is dominated by CACs who don’t allow us to have creative control. They hardly let Black people prosper behind the camera or have any influence.

Here’s what Method Man said about his failed TV show back in 2004:

Do you guys who claim we are hating understand? They intentionally set us up for failure. The reason why the show Atlanta was so successful and revered is because you can tell it came from an authentic black perspective. Hardly any CACs diluting it with their own parochial vision of what black America is.

Here’s the kicker, Donald Glover has to be a damn Renaissance man JUST to have creative control over his TV show. Do you understand what I’m saying? This guy who is ridiculously talented should be getting more opportunities yet a dweeb like Lil dikky, Post Malone and others who don’t even have 1/10Th of Donald’s talent get the same push as him.

What is it some of you fools don’t understand? It’s not hating, it’s acknowledging that CACs/Jews will give their own plenty of opportunity in our own culture who have minimal talent, whilst pushing us into the outskirts and pigeon holing us into negatively contrived archetypes.

So whilst some of you suck off Lil dikky and call us haters, think of the thousands of black rappers who have more talent and charisma who don’t get the same opportunity to have these national platforms to display their creativity.

Fukking this, and thank you for understanding

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With actual white racists still lurking on this forum? Deflection tactics is very agent-like, even for the likes of you :mjpls:

You're so dumb it hurts me to interact with you.

But I've had my picture as my avi for a while. My actual face. Even before this one I had another pic of my actual face.

I've neve even seen u post one of those dumb ass hand pics...

:mjpls:

You constantly post violent fantasy rhetoric on some agent provocateur type shyt and refuse to even prove you're black but I'm the agent...

I hear ya chief

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In 2004 there wasn't nearly as many options as there are now for people to get content out.

A hit show on fx would be canceled status on a major broadcast network like NBC, ABC, CBS, or Fox. So the M.O. from jump is to appeal to as many people as possible. They took the money they knew what they were getting into.

16 years later there is a wide array of options they could use to get their content out while remaining true to their vision. Even if it means coming out of your own pocket.

But the problem with that is black people love to complain. If the "ghetto" version of Red and Meth came out on Netflix tomorrow, there would be 40 think pieces about how the show is toxic and a poor representation of black people by Monday. There would be a boycott by Thursday.

That's the dirty little secret. Black people love to tear other black people down. We didn't make Atlanta a success. You don't know how many black people I talked to that thought the show was corny. Donald Glover brought his audience from 30 Rock and community and made a "black" version of one of those shows, which raised his profile with the "hipster" crowd and allowed his music to take off. Childish Gambino been dope since Campfire, but we didnt show him any love until white people started fawning over Atlanta.

Gtfo with this.

I first was exposed to Glover when he had the Derrick Comedy thing on youtube.

The bro-rape thing was hilarious in college, n he had eyes on him ever since.

Community might have popped him, but he always had eyes.

And I love how you pivoted to say black people love tearing black people down, in a thread where a lotta us are pissed at a culture vulture being handed the keys to the kingdom.

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gtfo with this.

I first was exposed to Glover when he had the Derrick Comedy thing on youtube.

The bro-rape thing was hilarious in college, n he had eyes on him ever since.

Community might have popped him, but he always had eyes.

And I love how you pivoted to say black people love tearing black people down, in a thread where a lotta us are pissed at a culture vulture being handed the keys to the kingdom.

Lol the keys to what kingdom?

The man got videos with over 100 million views and black people still largely don't know who he is. That shows who is audience really is.

So my question to you is why are you upset that a white rapper with a mostly white fanbase has a show that's popular with white people?

You sound like those retards that said Lil Nas X wasn't "real country music" as he racked up the biggest single in music history

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I think what's being lost in this discussion is the disrespect coming from lil dikky to the culture. From the quotes OP posted it seems like hes discontent with the rap game because hes not as big as he wants to be which is b.s. and the real issue here. Eminem & Mac Miller are examples of white rappers who didn't complain and just made music. This cac dissed the shyt out of Rick Ross. Who is this joker?

As for the tv show Dave, I was done about 2 episodes in but since I have OCD I had to finish it. Its :camby:/:trash: status. An Atlanta wannabe with constant dikk jokes. Important discussions my ass this show is trash. Watch Atlanta if you haven't and if you did watch it again instead of this.

Of course it's an Atlanta wannabe.

Quiet as it's kept, one of the main reasons the show exists, is to fill the gap that the hiatus Atlanta is on, left for Fx.

And they think so little of us, that they made a clone n plastered a white face on it.

Eff em for this bullshyt.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lol the keys to what kingdom?

The man got videos with over 100 million views and black people still largely don't know who he is. That shows who is audience really is.

So my question to you is why are you upset that a white rapper with a mostly white fanbase has a show that's popular with white people?

You sound like those retards that said Lil Nas X wasn't "real country music" as he racked up the biggest single in music history

Because black culture is the platform he's standing on, and he's continually been disrespectful of the table he's eating off of?

Not my fault you clownish so much that the treatment doesn't bother you.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
You're so dumb it hurts me to interact with you.

But I've had my picture as my avi for a while. My actual face. Even before this one I had another pic of my actual face.

I've neve even seen u post one of those dumb ass hand pics...

:mjpls:

You constantly post violent fantasy rhetoric on some agent provocateur type shyt and refuse to even prove you're black but I'm the agent...

I hear ya chief

The people already know that Im black. When you authentic with the progress of black people, you dont need those tests of showing your hands to prove your blackness,

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because black culture is the platform he's standing on, and he's continually been disrespectful of the table he's eating off of?

Not my fault you clownish so much that the treatment doesn't bother you.

So Lil Nas X wearing skin tight cowboy outfits with glitter on it was standing on and disrespecting Country Music?

What about Lil Wayne's grunge rock album?

What about the beastie boys? They've been in hip hop damn near from the beginning.

You can give props to the originators of any artform but once it becomes popular that shyt belongs to the world to do whatever they please

If you or any artist you like racks up a half a billion views they could probably negotiate a tv show deal too.

shyt NBA young boy could have a tv show tomorrow if he could formulate a decent pitch

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The people already know that Im black. When you authentic with the progress of black people, you dont need those tests of showing your hands to prove your blackness,

What people?

If you out here advocating for violent revolution and won't even show your face, you're either an agent provocateur or a capping ass p*ssy

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
What people?

If you out here advocating for violent revolution and won't even show your face, you're either an agent provocateur or a capping ass p*ssy

If its violence against the oppressor, there is nothing for you to be concerned about.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I really wanna know how someone like Redman doesn't get this chance, but dikky does?

Or hell, an Odd Future type?

Outkast/Goodie mobb affiliate?

He got this chance cuz he's white and jewish, n this ish is like fire in my throat.
They had Loiter Squad on Adult Swim

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
So Lil Nas X wearing skin tight cowboy outfits with glitter on it was standing on and disrespecting Country Music?

What about Lil Wayne's grunge rock album?

What about the beastie boys? They've been in hip hop damn near from the beginning.

You can give props to the originators of any artform but once it becomes popular that shyt belongs to the world to do whatever they please

If you or any artist you like racks up a half a billion views they could probably negotiate a tv show deal too.

shyt NBA young boy could have a tv show tomorrow if he could formulate a decent pitch

If Lil Nas, Wayne or any of the Beastie outright talked down on the genres they were dabbling in, then yeah I'd call them trash for doing it.

I keep the same energy nikka.

Lil Nas dressing like a fruit doesn't outright mean he's dismissive of country.

It just means he's a fruitcup nikka.