The Roland Martin Discussion Thread

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
HBCUs are expensive as fukk :francis:

this is a misconception depending on where you're located. there are plenty of HBCU state schools with in state tuition. the out of state rates are comparable to any other school honestly

this thread brought me some guilt though because I haven't started donating to my alma mater :mjcry:

once i finish paying off my student loans....i'll start giving back.

it's a shame there aren't any HBCUs on the west coast. Black migration to California didn't really happen until after WWII...after most HBCUs were established.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this is a misconception depending on where you're located. there are plenty of HBCU state schools with in state tuition. the out of state rates are comparable to any other school honestly

this thread brought me some guilt though because I haven't started donating to my alma mater :mjcry:

it's a shame there aren't any HBCUs on the west coast. Black migration to California didn't really happen until after WWII...after most HBCUs were established.
This is entirely true, state-HBCUs are dope when it comes to reasonable tuition, and if you even moderately well in undergrad, you can get quite a bit of money from the private HBCUs. Morehouse gave me like 25k/year when I applied. Howard Law is offering me a full-ride :yeshrug:
And yeah, it is a damn shame. California may be a place where one is needed, the higher-ed there is riding a wave of anti-affirmative action, and there have been a growing number of racial incidents. Even if the Black population is small, it may have been a worthwhile venture.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Why do black people who didn't attend hbcu's need to adopt one? HBCUs have enough alumni members to take care of theirselves. They should be asking them for support, not people that never attended.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

This is entirely true, state-HBCUs are dope when it comes to reasonable tuition, and if you even moderately well in undergrad, you can get quite a bit of money from the private HBCUs. Morehouse gave me like 25k/year when I applied. Howard Law is offering me a full-ride :yeshrug:
And yeah, it is a damn shame. California may be a place where one is needed, the higher-ed there is riding a wave of anti-affirmative action, and there have been a growing number of racial incidents. Even if the Black population is small, it may have been a worthwhile venture.
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Also I love how roland been spitting how if your ass black and you didn't go to an HBCU then you need to adopt one and donate to one.

Sadly I didn't go to an HBCU but have been donating to jackson state and Langston for over 10 years as adopted universities.

Folks can talk about black alumni not donating all day. But fail to realize that at these white colleges there are white folks who have never taken a class on the campus. YET STILL...donate, leave money when they die to that school and buy school jerseys/attire of that school.

So the school gets money even from folks who have never gone there.

ding ding ding. ESPECIALLY athletic programs :mjpls:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Dude u posted is a wannabe CAC
Who has negative shyt to say about HBCUS
And black people not from the region he is from

I don't give a fukk bout anything he says

Wtf are you talking about? The guy who promotes black businesses, donates money to real black causes is a wannabe CAC?

Kill yourself B.

Also there's no black people in the northeast? Let alone NYC?

You sounds like a fukking faggit. Get my dikk out your mouth p*ssy.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Wtf are you talking about? The guy who promotes black businesses, donates money to real black causes is a wannabe CAC?

Kill yourself B.

Also there's no black people in the northeast? Let alone NYC?

You sounds like a fukking faggit. Get my dikk out your mouth p*ssy.
fukk u ya bytch ass lame
Butt hurt ass fat nikka

King Poetic

I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
roland dropped some gems

key points

1. don't complain about why others donate to HBCUs, but when u are ask to donate u go " oh well, i don't have nothing at this time "

2. black people and the addiction to name brand material shyt

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh, Black folks ain't got no resources, how can they fail HBCUs
Black folks never have resources when it's time to actually build and support our own.

Black people have PLENTY of resources when it's time to fund white and Asian kids going to college, by buying all of the bullshyt weave and sneaker products they're selling.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I like Roland...

I don't get behind everything he says, but I believe in his spirit and to me, he seems like he genuinely wants the best for the African American community...and I want the same

Me too..not sure why Tariq Nasheed feels a certain way about him...ok, so he tried to help get clinton elected..so? Black folks can be our own worse enemy sometimes...

He called Tariq a punk for clowning Yodit.

Meh. Jason Black & Professor BlackTruth go way harder on Roland Martin than Tariq does. Tariq will still lowkey praise Roland.