The Rock Johnson is shamelessly jockeying for an MCU role. I'm not mad but it's hilarious.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Aint really a good role for the rock in the MCU, unless they give him some obscure character like Gladiator.
ShortHeartyBackswimmer-size_restricted.gif

can't picture him as one of the main x-men or FF4 characters. but hes not one to take a supporting role either, so he would essentially be in the same position as he was with black adam, headlining a d list character and the movie flopping.

When he tossed Juggernaut like nothing :whoo:

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
im watching black adam as we speak... i cant even finish it. He should stick to cargo shorts movies.
I cant believe they used For a few dollars more (my fav movie) in this shyt.

I dont care how many hits he has, the rock has 0 classics. you cant compare him to Arnie or Stalone
How did they use the classic?

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I could actually see him being the Thing (but no way his ego or pride would let him be that supporting role, especially for a character that looks like that)

"Well The Thing is made out of Rocks.... Let's just change his name to The Rock.... and there's this whole part where I lift my eye brow and lalalalalalalellllllll......is cooking....easy there big fella"

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, what's the issue? Did it flop?
It feels like Rock was one of the first ones cast in the DCEU.

Originally, Black Adam, was supposed to be the main bad in Shazam. Decision was eventually made to give each character a movie with them eventually facing off.

Rock, starting off, would hype the future Shazam/BA battle.

In Shazam, Henry Cavill was supposed to make a cameo as Superman, he declined to do it. His agent is the Rock's production partner/ex-wife.

All of a sudden, Rock starts hyping up a BA/Superman battle.

He apparently goes to the head of the DCEU to get Cavill back as Superman, is rejected, so he goes over his head to get Cavill back to do a cameo and apparently a sequel to Man of Steel.

Shortly before this, Rock starts hyping up DCEU, talking about the direction is going to change, all this shyt that made it seem like he planned on having a major say in the universe's direction.

Black Adam comes out October 21, after the first weekend, projections are that it won't do enough to be profitable, a disappointment. Rock comes out and posts on social media financials saying that it will be profitable. Sources come out and say that per Warner Bros, Rock's team lied about the financials, that it would be a disappointment.

James Gunn get named head of DC Studios October 25th, reports are that he's getting rid of a bunch of cast, including Rock.

Issues are that:

• Seems like Rock's ego made him not want to develop BA in a Shazam film, which would've made sense for a character not really known.
  • Rock is supposed to be a huge star, but even in a superhero movie, flopped.
  • Rock tried to take control of the universe, even using Cavill as a pawn.
  • Ego made him lie about financials which makes him seem petty as fukk.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Aint really a good role for the rock in the MCU, unless they give him some obscure character like Gladiator.
ShortHeartyBackswimmer-size_restricted.gif

can't picture him as one of the main x-men or FF4 characters. but hes not one to take a supporting role either, so he would essentially be in the same position as he was with black adam, headlining a d list character and the movie flopping.
Rock needs to be a role like Nick fury..but MR. SAMUEL L Jackson has that role..

I could see them giving him a role like that if Samuel L leaves the MCU or stops acting or some shyt.

Rock has to be that top dog role where he smiles very little and gets into other men faces on some combat challenge type shyt :birdman: ..

The Rock in a Alpha dog MCU role: Wolverine what the hell was that you left your team out there undefended..I should kick your ASS!!
*faces off with wolverine*
":birdman:"

shyt like that.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Gunn is like Doomsday for DC.

He never had any intention of doing right by the Rock, Cavill, or Gadot no matter how much money they made or how popular they are with fans.

His agenda is to destroy the Snyderverse and put his buddies who can't act and wife in place and turn the Justice League into Guardians of the Galaxy pt 2.

As for Black Adam, they wanted him to be a bit character in a movie about a kid superhero, Shazam, so the rock was right to reject it. Which is what made the cac nerds so furious :mjpls:

They wanted a Black superstar to lower himself to being a 2nd tier villain in a joke franchise. Which is why they were laughing about Gunn destroying Cavill and the Rock by extension. Some actually said he was "put in his place." :mjpls:

Typical cac foolishness.

Because they had Cavill and The Rock and they fired them and want to replace them with chucklehead actors who have no screen presence.

As for Marvel, they're :flabbynsick: without the Russo brothers. And Feige knows they're not going to let any the black characters boss up. :mjpls:

So Kang, Captain America, and Rhodey are going to be flops because they'll be written to basically be side characters in the MCU.

So actually the Rock could bring the dominant screen presence they need for their hero and/or villain characters. But Feige wants weak puppets so it's a no go.

Last edited:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not even factoring in the tweet and everything dude seems to be on some passive aggressive bytch shyt. Black Adam was trash and he's mad because it was treated as such. I hear he even unfollowed everything DC related on social media or something.

Dude comes off like he has a fragile ego and a inflated sense of self.

Anybody that tries to go to someone else's franchise (Fast & Furious) and take it over has an inflated sense of self.

Just took the world 3-4 years to realize it :heh:

I still fukk with the Rock but, I gotta keep it 1000 as always.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Gunn is like Doomsday for DC.

He never had any intention of doing right by the Rock, Cavill, or Gadot no matter how much money they made or how popular they are with fans.

His agenda is to destroy the Snyderverse and put his buddies who can't act and wife in place and turn the Justice League into Guardians of the Galaxy pt 2.

As for Black Adam, they wanted him to be a bit character in a movie about a kid superhero, Shazam, so the rock was right to reject it. Which is what made the cac nerds so furious :mjpls:

They wanted a Black superstar to lower himself to being a 2nd tier villain in a joke franchise. Which is why they were laughing about Gunn destroying Cavill and the Rock by extension. Some actually said he was "put in his place." :mjpls:

Typical cac foolishness.

Because they had Cavill and The Rock and they fired them and want to replace them with chucklehead actors who have no screen presence.

As for Marvel, they're :flabbynsick: without the Russo brothers. And Feige knows they're not going to let any the black characters boss up. :mjpls:

So Kang, Captain America, and Rhodey are going to be flops because they'll be written to basically be side characters in the MCU.

So actually the Rock could bring the dominant screen presence they need for their hero and/or villain characters. But Feige wants weak puppets so it's a no go.
Black Adam IS a Shazam villain tho. Wanting to be in his movie isn't some anti-Black conspiracy.