The Rock Johnson is shamelessly jockeying for an MCU role. I'm not mad but it's hilarious.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
im watching black adam as we speak... i cant even finish it. He should stick to cargo shorts movies.
I cant believe they used For a few dollars more (my fav movie) in this shyt.

I dont care how many hits he has, the rock has 0 classics. you cant compare him to Arnie or Stalone
Fast Five. Certified classic.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
I saw a trailer for some horror movie Batista is doing and my first thought was why isn’t Dwayne doing shyt like this? The more power he has gotten the safer he plays. He done this to success but now he doesn’t have much of library and Cena and Batista have pretty much Lapped him up by having quality roles.

As far as Black Adam is concerned it was mid but Dwayne was good in it, personally it would’ve probably been better if he leaned into his charisma instead of being so serious and also played the villain in the Shazam sequel:yeshrug:

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
I saw a trailer for some horror movie Batista is doing and my first thought was why isn’t Dwayne doing shyt like this? The more power he has gotten the safer he plays. He done this to success but now he doesn’t have much of library and Cena and Batista have pretty much Lapped him up by having quality roles.

As far as Black Adam is concerned it was mid but Dwayne was good in it, personally it would’ve probably been better if he leaned into his charisma instead of being so serious and also played the villain in the Shazam sequel:yeshrug:

Because the Rock doesn't want to do bit roles as an A list celebrity.

Also playing a 2nd tier villain in a kid superhero movie would be absurd so he was right to tell those cac nerds to f off.

And dude just needs to find a franchise that he controls like Tom Cruise with Mission Impossible or Vin with Fast and Furious.

If he went back to Hobbs and Shaw that might work.

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Because the Rock doesn't want to do bit roles as an A list celebrity.

Also playing a 2nd tier villain in a kid superhero movie would be absurd so he was right to tell those cac nerds to f off.

And dude just needs to find a franchise that he controls like Tom Cruise with Mission Impossible or Vin with Fast and Furious.

If he went back to Hobbs and Shaw that would work.

he was a second tier villain in the mummy 2. and that was at the height of his popularity

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
So now you're a cac if you think Black Adam should have been tied to Shazam, which is intrinsically tied to the character? :mjlol:

Black Panther, Black Adam, Marvel, DC, films in general just an unapologetically dumb mf with terrible takes. It's like a TLR cosplay with down syndrome, just can't get it right.
Seriously. Guy's commentary is idiotic. The better play for him would have been humbling his massive ego, appearing as the villain in Shazam (which is where the character would have been best suited to be introduced in since its Shazam's most known villain) and then going for a solo movie after. He would also have done well studying the first Iron Man, and why that movie was such a game changer instead of thinking he could just put together a cliche ridden early 2000s comic movie and have that fly in the modern age. Instead he thought he could just throw a superhero movie together with his name, and not only that apparently take over the studio. :dead:

Now Gunn is like IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Safe = big bucks, he's a limited actor and tbf he's never shown an express desire to be anything other than what he currently is

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
“Johnson had some wild demands that included a tequila bar at the New York premiere of Black Adam, featuring his Teremana brand, and pushing for a producer credit on DC League of Super-Pets and then not promoting the film”

:why:

Is Teremana actually any good or is it Proper 12 status?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seriously. Guy's commentary is idiotic. The better play for him would have been humbling his massive ego, appearing as the villain in Shazam (which is where the character would have been best suited to be introduced in since its Shazam's most known villain) and then going for a solo movie after. He would also have done well studying the first Iron Man, and why that movie was such a game changer instead of thinking he could just put together a cliche ridden early 2000s comic movie and have that fly in the modern age. Instead he thought he could just throw a superhero movie together with his name, and not only that apparently take over the studio. :dead:

Now Gunn is like IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK
Somehow asking the dude that’s playing Shazam’s main antagonist to appear in a Shazam movie is racist.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
It wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen but if you never watch it, you're not missing anything. I'd rather waste 2 hours watching a Dr. Fate movie.

I'm just amazed that no one sat and took the time to think about the fact that they're going to spend $200M to make a movie about a B-tier villain who hardly any one remembers or has ever heard of and expected it to be profitable. What movie has the Rock carried dolo to that type of box office success?