The retail apocalypse has officially descended on America

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Main thing that sucks is there is no replacement job market for teenagers and unskilled workers.

My pops took a training class on cashiering when he was young that was similar to a trade school back then . Technology made things easier for everyone now.

The crazy part is that malls are dying but those outdoor strip mall type spots are thriving. They building them things all over the place here and they crowded af

They're dying down too. One where I used to work at was only packed for happy hour and during family events. The family events they would have during the Summer and around Christmas time would draw traffic, but it rarely drew traffic for the businesses at those outdoor malls.

Lack of Quality and customer service is also a big reason why this is happening too.

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
Can't wait for the sales at Macy's :blessed:
They're practically already giving shyt away
Been loading up on Calvin K and Kenneth COle for my job for like 2 months :blessed:

Even Alfani :blessed:

Got some all white INC jeans and 2 dress shirts for $31 :blessed:

Waiting on Levi's to come off buy one get one 50% off .

The kids Levi's are $17.99 and have been since Thanks giving :blessed:my kids got every color :blessed:

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
Most won't care about this, but this will have a huge effect on society

I think the young generation those 20-40 ish won't care but for people that's 50+ will care about no brick & mortar being around as most people around that age aren't very hip to technology. Some are but there is still a majority of the 50+ crowd that isn't.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the young generation those 20-40 ish won't care but for people that's 50+ will care about no brick & mortar being around as most people around that age aren't very hip to technology. Some are but there is still a majority of the 50+ crowd that isn't.

problem is the steady erosion of jobs ......... my bank in the Uk doesnt even have tellers anymore in the branches ........ I damn near have to have to go through summersaults trying to speak to a real person at most customer services at a lot of these corporations

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
Gamestop you up next fukkboy
D0sewyX.gif

Yeah GameStop can kick rocks with the bullshyt they pull on customers with the trade-ins and the promotions. Last fall I had a chick that was working there try to run game on me at the GS at the mall. I just pre-ordered from the Best Buy near my house and came back to the same GS 2 weeks later and got my money back. fukk a Rapestop.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
May not be streaming at the moment. But I only have a few physical copies of games.

Cheaper for me to buy from the psn store and download.

Only bad thing is I can't resell but meh

Streaming a game is not the same as streaming a film

The amount of processing power and the speed of internet you need isn't capable right now

Input lag and latency is through the roof right now with streaming games

And many people still want to own their games